Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 mm carbines

• 07-09-2020 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I see the Nasrpc have a category for Open Centrefire Gallery Rifle
    What type of carbines are people using.

I would be interested in getting it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Some people have m1 carbines in 30 Cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Do the gallery folks have a 9mm carbine rifle section?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bmmb88

According to their web sit and the list of disciplines in the upcoming competition they do. I wasnt aware of it till now.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

BillBen wrote: »
    Some people have m1 carbines in 30 Cal.
    M1 carbines have their own category though.
    Open class is larger 9mm-11mm calibres.

I think Ruger have a 9mm Carbine thats been popular in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Ruger used to do a centrefire carbine that looked like a scaled up 10/22, and was available in .357 and .44. I think thats gone but they do a modern replacement.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

• Advertisement

tudderone wrote: »
    Ruger used to do a centrefire carbine that looked like a scaled up 10/22, and was available in .357 and .44. I think thats gone but they do a modern replacement.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html
    That's the one i was thinking of.
    It’s designed to magazines interchangeably from a ruger pistols. Can be set up to take glock mags too.

The Ruger PC 9mk2.
    Talked to the main Ruger distributors in Ireland,and they wont/cant import it because of the DOJ's ...Reasons!:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    The Ruger PC 9mk2.
    Talked to the main Ruger distributors in Ireland,and they wont/cant import it because of the DOJ's ...Reasons!:rolleyes:

What about getting one in merry old Germany ?

Does anyone actually have a 9mm carbine in Ireland. Have any been licensed

tudderone wrote: »
    What about getting one in merry old Germany ?

Rather dear over there and quite rare. Ruger is generally expensive over there for some reason. 10/22 2nd hand can go for over 600 euros on Egun
    You are looking at 500 upwards for the older model with the dedicated Ruger mags.

The newer model proably inc the 10/22 takedown might fall foul of the German gun law as a possible prohibited firearm,as it can be taken apart quickly,and longest part is under 50[?] cms.Same reason the Armalite/Charter/Henry arms AR7 is a prohibited firearm in Germany.

Options otherwise are the Marlin 9mm camp gun,not made anymore unfortunately,and are a super accurate little rifle You can sometimes luck into one for around the 500 euro mark

If you have a restrictd 9mm handgun here,you could buy a system chassis and turn it into a poor mans PDW type thingy.

Chiappa do a 9mm M1 carbine lookalike.Havent heard about them good or bad.

After that you are into the thousands for AR style 9mm type guns made by, Hanel,Schmeisser,Oberland, etc.And if you have money to burn there is of course HK and SIG

Belive the Poles and the Czechs have some 9mm AK type thingies out as well in 9mm.But they wont be cheap either.

Bretta do a 9mm carbine too,but at Bretta prices,and it might be discontinued too?

• Advertisement

Of course, the Beretta CX-4 Storm. Made in Italy should be available here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

You could get a Ruger pc 9 from Poland or Sweden and import it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

The ruger takedowns are legal in germany i sold quite a few of them.
    You cant legally import a ruger or any american firearms from germany becuase of ITAR its in the end user agreement that it can only be sold and stay in that country. Or at least that is what my boss told me as he wouldnt export any of them.

Considering gallery rifle originated out of the UK pistol ban. What about UK 9mm lever release types. SGC seems to be a popular option over there for custom builds. http://www.southern-gun.co.uk/example-gun-build/#9mmlr

Mellor wrote: »
    Considering gallery rifle originated out of the UK pistol ban. What about UK 9mm lever release types. SGC seems to be a popular option over there for custom builds. http://www.southern-gun.co.uk/example-gun-build/#9mmlr

The Uk prohibition extended to them being manufactured in the UK anymore,as they are now classed as sect 5. Dont think you could even buy one off someone who would lose theirs under the legislation?:(:(

Mellor wrote: »

The police etc over there are trying to get laws passed that they didn't get with the offensive weapons bill last year, you will need security in excess of what RFD's need in order to own a .50bmg rifle, despite the fact those rifles have never been used in a crime.

juice1304 wrote: »
    You cant legally import a ruger or any american firearms from germany becuase of ITAR its in the end user agreement that it can only be sold and stay in that country. Or at least that is what my boss told me as he wouldnt export any of them.

Thought it would have fallen under this;
    § 17 WaffG Verbotene Waffen
    WaffG - Waffengesetz 1996

von Schußwaffen, die über das für Jagd- und Sportzwecke übliche Maß hinaus zum Zusammenklappen, Zusammenschieben, Verkürzen oder schleunigen Zerlegen eingerichtet sind.

Translated. Prohibited firearms for sport or hunting that are designed and can be quickly folded,telescoped,shortned,or disassembled .

It's the ITAR end user cert that was the worry,as Germany is on the ITAR trusted list,and its a pain to deal with. Ive seen a few DPMS rifles here on the ranges that came from Germany,so it must be doable,as Ireland is a country they can export to ,but the sale must be a written confirmation of end user.At least with scopes and NV
    .ITAR has been transferred to the US dept of Commerce as well recently[Thanks Prez Trump!],so it should also become a lot more user friendly too.Not to mind with the paperwork these days of buying and transferring a firearm in the EU.I doubt the Feds and the UN will have to worry too much on Alli Snackbar dropping in to buy a DPMS,or whatever over the counter anywhere in Europe anymore.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

No thats just for folding/telescopic shotgun stocks basically.
    Otherwise every double or combination gun would be banned and blaser sauer merkel ar's etc. would all be banned.

No thats just for folding/telescopic shotgun stocks basically.
    Otherwise every double or combination gun would be banned and blaser sauer merkel ar's etc. would all be banned.

Need to check that Juice.
    I was covering this in the 1980s when I was doing my Jagd schein. It was there even then.That was in 1984/85 That 1996 date was a refresher,or something was modified in the law then.And there was something about the longest part being under 40 cms that made a gun prohibited.
    Its still the reason the AR7 is an absolute no no in Germany

Its more like these kind of yokes they imagine as poachers guns.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP._SVI66dxlVR86EjUx927zQHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1

https://tirv1.orf.at/static/vietnam2/images/site/oesv1/201042/wildererzeug_big.jpg

You are quite right,that it would prohibit any conventional take down gun or shotgun,but they are exempted. If it was just for folding or telescoping stocks,then most of the semi auto rifles and pumps would be illegal over there in certain configurations.

With the pump shotguns ,you are thinking of the "pumpers" thats a pump with just a rear pistol grip and no stock whatsoever,and a possible front vertical grip?

Well,if you are selling them,they must be legal as they would have to pass muster with the BKA technical dept in Weisbaden who decide on whats what and whether it is legal to be sold or not to the public.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

So does anyone have a semi-auto 9mm carbine licensed? And have any competitions for such been done/organized? Seems unnecessarily hard to even find out about different shooting disciplines in Ireland, like everyone is happy with their cliques and want no new blood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

That’s the whole point of an end user agreement. A lot of illegal international arms trade in the past has played loose and fast with end user agreements. Surprisingly the US among others turned plenty a blind eye if the pallets of bang bang sticks ended up with “friendly” people.

So does anyone have a semi-auto 9mm carbine licensed? And have any competitions for such been done/organized? Seems unnecessarily hard to even find out about different shooting disciplines in Ireland, like everyone is happy with their cliques and want no new blood.

Got to agree with you on that point. Look at most people shooting and they are 40's, 50's at least usually. Trying to get into a game club is like trying to get into the freemasons. Same with some target shooting clubs, one i know you won't get into unless you are friends of the family who owns it.

Most clubs have waiting lists for potential memberships. If things don't change on that front and if all these laws keep landing on us, i can see shooting dying a death here.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

I don't know where you're located but give Nitsa a look, just over the boarder near Newry. They are always looking for new members and they have a big selection of pistols to use. Good few lads from the south attend.

So does anyone have a semi-auto 9mm carbine licensed? And have any competitions for such been done/organized?

I asked that in thread #10 but got no reply.
    :mad: so I presume no one on here has one or knows of any. Pity as it would be a nice new discipline to shoot.

Or they are not here on boards...
    I do belive they have done a workaround in NI for this with some pistol designs.
    But then NI was always more liberal on things like that than the Republic.

IF you have a CF pistol in something like Glock, CZ, SIG or a 1911, you can get a pistol carbine conversion kit to give you a PDW/carbine style 9mm on your pistol. They are a bit pricey mind but would be legal here and proably less hassle than trying to license a new 9mm carbine,esp if it is Glock mag compatible, and you are left hanging with the high capacity mag ban.

https://shop.norlite.de/

Advertisement