Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dance music producers discord

• 09-09-2020 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I just created a discord channel for dance music producers who are based in Ireland. This server is primarily focused on trance (all styles), and hard dance (hardstyle, hardcore from early to contemporary).

Here is the link:
    https://disboard.org/server/753196901167398952

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

auplant wrote: »
    I just created a discord channel for dance music producers who are based in Ireland. This server is primarily focused on trance (all styles), and hard dance (hardstyle, hardcore from early to contemporary).

Here is the link:
    https://disboard.org/server/753196901167398952

why? use the forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 auplant

why? use the forum!
    But don't you find that the forum is very inactive? It seems like discord is the popular chatting server nowadays like irc was in the past.
    Someone could land on this forum once or twice a year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

What about deephouse and minimal techno ?

nthclare wrote: »
    What about deephouse and minimal techno ?
    I didn't want to have a discord server with too many genres, but there could of course be another discord dedicated to techno. It's free to register and create your own server fyi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

auplant wrote: »
    But don't you find that the forum is very inactive? It seems like discord is the popular chatting server nowadays like irc was in the past.
    Someone could land on this forum once or twice a year.

So you want people to join a discord server to chat about production because the forum is inactive. Do you see how the logic has failed here?

If the forum is inactive it is up to users who are active to create content for it. Moving to a different platform is not going to do that! The inactivity of this forum is not going to get users to use discord either.

• Advertisement

So you want people to join a discord server to chat about production because the forum is inactive. Do you see how the logic has failed here?

If the forum is inactive it is up to users who are active to create content for it. Moving to a different platform is not going to do that! The inactivity of this forum is not going to get users to use discord either.
    Something new and fresh like a discord could give a producer more motivation I think, if people were to join on a server channel with 3 dedicated genres... and maybe not, I wanted to try at least.
    A user could lurk this section of the forum and see too many different producers in completely different fields of dance music, this can be demotivating. It may even cause someone to drift and stay away from this forum section entirely. So it's good to keep this thread active so that someone might see it, you understand now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

I'll support this for as long as you push it along! - Discord might help bring some activity, and a different way for people to collaborate.

Advertisement