Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are healthcare workers concerned about handling of pandemic being intimidated?

• 09-09-2020 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5869841/gp-medical-council-nursing-homes-pandemic-guidelines/
    A outspoken GP who quit the medical council over the State’s handling of nursing homes during the Covid-19 pandemic is now under investigation by the same body.

Dr Marcus De Brun was reported after an appearance at a recent protest.
    The Dublin GP explained: “The main source of the complaint seems to be that I was encouraging people not to follow the guidelines. I certainly didn’t tell anyone not to follow guidelines.

"I have never done that, and would never do that because I practice medicine every day and follow the guidelines. I wear a mask when patients come into my practice.

“There are lots of doctors like me who are angry and upset about how this whole thing is being handled but they’re scared to speak out.

"Medicine is a dangerous place to be when you open your mouth.”

The flaws in the Irish health service are already well known to the public, who have seen the situation at first hand or learned about it from the mainstream media.

So what would the government or HSE management have to gain by threatening healthcare workers who have concerns?

PS: Please try to look past the fact that this article was published in The Sun!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭tigger123

I've read the thread title about 5 times and still cant figure it out.

I was on that guy's Twitter page earlier today. I wouldn't trust his advice on anything tbh, nevermind Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

It’s not the first time that ‘Dr’ has been under investigation by the Medical Council.

In 2017:
    Dr de Brun said that although the complaint was closed, the council referred him to a professional competence scheme in 2015. He said this included an assessment of his own mental health, which he found “upsetting”.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

No.

He's an eejit.

His own GP surgery demands that you wear a mask if attending for an appointment FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭political analyst

tigger123 wrote: »
    I've read the thread title about 5 times and still cant figure it out.

I was on that guy's Twitter page earlier today. I wouldn't trust his advice on anything tbh, nevermind Covid.

He said doctors are too scared to speak out. Now can you figure it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭political analyst

No.

He's an eejit.

His own GP surgery demands that you wear a mask if attending for an appointment FFS

He said he always wears a mask in the presence of patients. He denies the alleged offence for which he's under investigation.

• Advertisement

Not surprised he's coming out with this crap.

He's avoided by most in Rush as a doctor where possible and unpleasant to deal with in most situations from a professional standpoint.

Advertisement