Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning

• 07-09-2020 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

I completely missed this until now but a re-master for Kingdoms of Amalur releases tomorrow. I remember playing it back a few months after the initial release and loving it so I think this will definitely be a day-one for me. A fairly original story and world that played like an over the shoulder 3rd person ARPG - the type of frenetic and heavy power/skill reliance typical of isometrics that's usually too chaotic for 1st or 3rd person actually worked for this.
    50% (+another initial release 10%) discount for owners of the legacy edition on Steam too.

https://thqnordic.com/article/faq-kingdoms-amalur-re-reckoning

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Aye I saw that one earlier too, not much more than a bit of spit'n'shine, pity. Still I was thinking of replaying this a few months back so might pick it up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Kingdoms of Amalur felt like it was an MMORPG with multiplayer disabled... :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It was supposed to be the first in a series of games set in that world, one of them to be an MMO if i remember correctly. I enjoyed it when it was released, and might give this a go again, but i doubt it'll keep me interested anymore then it did last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this is a good story of how the game was made and failed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

From looking at videos I would be hard pressed to say what is old PS3 footage and new PS4 footage, they have barely done anything with the game visually. Going by what people are saying that got it early it has a fair share of new bugs and glitches plus loading times have now doubled compared to the original.

A shame as I loved the original, but this looks like nothing more than a cash grab.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Liked this game a lot when it released.Its immersive and some of the dlc has amazing environments but the story and quests are very boring.I imagine a lot of people will never finish it if they buy it now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It was a fun light weight action RPG back then, and I though it deserved to do better than it did.

But there's no way in hell I'd pay a second time to play the same game twice, a decade later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    From looking at videos I would be hard pressed to say what is old PS3 footage and new PS4 footage, they have barely done anything with the game visually. Going by what people are saying that got it early it has a fair share of new bugs and glitches plus loading times have now doubled compared to the original.

A shame as I loved the original, but this looks like nothing more than a cash grab.

Sounds like the way the mafia 2 remaster was released, I'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I dunno I remember loving this game when it released and i'm quite hype to play it again. probably pick it up tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I caved and just got it. I fully respect the reviews stating it's not much of a remaster but proper support for modern resolutions in itself is worth 15 quid to me. Looking forward to giving this a go again in a week or so.

I got it too on my playstation... 40 quid but sure its a great game.

Loading times are a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Polar101

I played about 40 hours on the PS3 back in the day, and it was a lot of fun.. never finished it though. This new version doesn't seem to offer too much, so wouldn't be too interested in restarting the whole game just to see what's it like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

does it include the 2 main DLC's?
    as I remember them saying that the 2 combined was about the same play length as the main game which took me about 80 hours to finish

Skerries wrote: »
    does it include the 2 main DLC's?
    as I remember them saying that the 2 combined was about the same play length as the main game which took me about 80 hours to finish

Yes, it includes all DLCs of the original game, including Weapons and Armor packs.

Man I'm having a great time re-playing this. Getting up early and going to bed late. I'm 28 hours in and cant get enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WhymeWhynot

Man I'm having a great time re-playing this. Getting up early and going to bed late. I'm 28 hours in and cant get enough.

My copy is due in the post and I feel like I'll be in your position. Loved this game on ps3, it just clicked with me so I'm looking forward to getting stuck in again.

Advertisement