Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Options
1545556575860»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

wyrn wrote: »
    I would never have known they were a boardsie. Did you just unmask someone?

Well no, i wouldn't post her boards name.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

That ukbloggersunveiled page is muck. I'd take anything they post with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Well no, i wouldn't post her boards name.
    Yeah, well it's still a form of doxxing and you're obviously just ****stirring because you've probably got some beef with them.

Anyway back to influencers - did anyone catch SSM on the LLS? I missed it. Is it worth catching up on the player? Did she wear anything from her new collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Rfrip

wyrn wrote: »
    Yeah, well it's still a form of doxxing and you're obviously just ****stirring because you've probably got some beef with them.

Anyway back to influencers - did anyone catch SSM on the LLS? I missed it. Is it worth catching up on the player? Did she wear anything from her new collection?

I don’t like her at all but she looked amazing! She always has herself filtered on instagram but she looked gorgeous. I assumed the jacket she wore was hers but it’s designer!

She has had so much work done though...era I’m only jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Rfrip wrote: »
    I don’t like her at all but she looked amazing! She always has herself filtered on instagram but she looked gorgeous. I assumed the jacket she wore was hers but it’s designer!

I watched it earlier on the Player. I’m not a fan of hers at all, and I agree she has had so much work done but it looks awful.
    She spoke really well though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Rfrip wrote: »

I watched it earlier on the Player. I’m not a fan of hers at all, and I agree she has had so much work done but it looks awful.
    She spoke really well though.
    Cheers, I just watched it. She looks very different, but she's still gorgeous. Came across very well although she spoke at a million miles an hour, wonder was that nerves.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

This recent article caught my eye.

In the context of online trolling, stalking and suchlike, it might make those who do so, think again about their despicable actions if they thought they could be caught out.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40035287.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Not sure if it could be compared to the Streisand effect, but if that article gained enough publicity I am willing to bet she would end up with a lot more unwanted attention than she bargained for.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

In the context of online trolling, stalking and suchlike, it might make those who do so, think again about their despicable actions if they thought they could be caught out.

It will be interesting to see how this court case v Facebook/Instagram plays out. But at the end of the day she is just wasting her time and vast sums of money in pursuing it. Theres no point suiing anyone for defamation unless you know they are a mark, i.e. wealthy with assets that you can pursue for damages. Her lawyers should have made this clear that she is likely spending a lot of money on a fools errand. If they did and she is still pursuing it then thats on her really.

My bet here is she spends tens of thousands getting Facebook to reveal the identities of the online trolls and then they turn out to be some teenagers with hardly two cents to scratch together. Her lawyers will still have to be paid and it wont be paid off by a bunch of teenagers, it will be herself left stacked with a legal bill in the tens of thousands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Good luck to her, it's awful and I hope they do catch whoever is doing it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

GingerLily wrote: »
    Good luck to her, it's awful and I hope they do catch whoever is doing it!

+1.

I hope so too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

Muahahaha wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how this court case v Facebook/Instagram plays out. But at the end of the day she is just wasting her time and vast sums of money in pursuing it. Theres no point suiing anyone for defamation unless you know they are a mark, i.e. wealthy with assets that you can pursue for damages. Her lawyers should have made this clear that she is likely spending a lot of money on a fools errand. If they did and she is still pursuing it then thats on her really.

My bet here is she spends tens of thousands getting Facebook to reveal the identities of the online trolls and then they turn out to be some teenagers with hardly two cents to scratch together. Her lawyers will still have to be paid and it wont be paid off by a bunch of teenagers, it will be herself left stacked with a legal bill in the tens of thousands.

I'm sure the point is to get them to stop more so than collect damages. Also stop further losses to her business.

That being said, if they are not adults, their parents could be liable

Advertisement