Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid 19 Survey RTE Poll

• 05-09-2020 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,069 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting to see how boards compares to the RTE Survey...

https://twitter.com/Niall_Boylan/status/1301978468012486657?s=20

Do you think 38 votes

The Government response was "appropriate?"
    76% 29 votes
    The Government response was "insufficient?"
    7% 3 votes
    The Government response was "extreme?"
    10% 4 votes
    We need more Government "Restrictions?'
    5% 2 votes
    The The Government should take the new normal and put it up their "bottoms?"
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Restrictions were appropriate at the time. They are not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I can't believe 56% of people think the current government are doing a good job.

They have been a complete disaster. Maybe people were asked if the government have done a good job since the start of the crisis?

It'd be handy if we could see the actual questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭gipi

I wonder if those looking for more restrictions are thinking specifically of travel (there are still people who think that thousands of tourists are arriving here daily, spreading their "foreign Covid"!)

As El Sueno said, would be good to see what they were actually asked in the survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭Tork

"More restrictions" means anything you want it to. Lockdown? Proper enforcement of quarantine? Limits on how much alcohol is sold to one person. No hand sanitizer below x% allowed in shops? The list is endless.

The government doing a good job genuinely baffles me. I don't have any political affiliations but I think this new government is doing a poor job. I wish they weren't but that's my perception. Communication is poor, messaging is mixed and they've lost momentum. Admittedly it's harder to deal with Covid post-lockdown but they're not helping themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

Who did they poll? My guess is NPHET and FF politicians.

• Advertisement
Advertisement