Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meath golfing trip

• 04-09-2020 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

well lads.
    I'm organising a golf trip to Meath in the new year. Two nights and two rounds of golf. Thinking of staying somewhere in trim.
    we're definitely playing headfort new the first day. My plan then was to stay in knightsbrook and then play it the following day. One of lads threw and spanner in the works and mentioned Killeen Castle for the second day.
    so my question is knightsbrook or killeen castle???
    or is there any other course that ye would put ahead of those two within 20/30 mins of trim.

Thanks a chairde.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭thewobbler

fearruanua wrote: »
    well lads.
    I'm organising a golf trip to Meath in the new year. Two nights and two rounds of golf. Thinking of staying somewhere in trim.
    we're definitely playing headfort new the first day. My plan then was to stay in knightsbrook and then play it the following day. One of lads threw and spanner in the works and mentioned Killeen Castle for the second day.
    so my question is knightsbrook or killeen castle???
    or is there any other course that ye would put ahead of those two within 20/30 mins of trim.

Thanks a chairde.

Killeen is a fine course but if you’re going to have a steam of pints then Knightsbrook the better call.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Knightsbrook is a super course, if you are on site then just play there, Killen is better but why bother when Knightsbrook is on your doorstep

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭blue note

I've played knightsbrook and it's nice but not amazing. I've a friend who joined killeen because he considers it the best parkland in the country, and he'd have played all the contenders.

But it's nice to have a round on site, so I don't know what you should do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Killeen castle all day long.
    It is in a different league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Never played Knightsbrook, but have plated kileen castle twice and its my fav parkland In Ireland. great course, lovely clubhouse and very reasonable pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Knightsbrook is a great course but Killeen is a better day out course. If you have one shot at it I'd go Killeen

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Played Knightsbrook and Killeen last year.

For me i enjoyed Knightsbrook better...however i played it before an evening of pints. And Kileen was the next day........

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭thewobbler

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Knightsbrook is a great course but Killeen is a better day out course. If you have one shot at it I'd go Killeen

This is why it comes back to alcohol consumption.

No point in swamping 10 stout then driving 20 minutes to go through the beer sweats in Killeen Castle. Save it for another day in that case. It’s a great day out.

Knightsbrook is a very decent course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Worth checking with headfort when the greens are being sanded as I'm pretty sure it's soon and would spoil a trip. Definitely play Killeen over Knightsbrook . Different league as said before. Played it last week and even after all the rain was still in super condition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

I'd play Headfort old and new, both superior courses to Killeen or Knightsbrook. Stay in the Headfort Arms, job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Headfort old better than Killeen Castle?? They aren't even in the same league and I'm a member in headfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Kileen all day every day

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Thanks a million for all the feedback lads.

Yes knightsbrook would be handy the second day especially after a few beers but it seems from yer commemts that the 15/20 min trip to Killeen Castle is worth it.

go raibh maith agaibh!

Advertisement