Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due in October 2020

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Squiggle03

Hi all, long time follower, first time poster, FTM to be...

Hope everyone is keeping well and bump isn't hitting you in the ribs too much...

I'm 35+2, bags all packed, just waiting for the time to come now.

Thankfully not had too many issues to complain about, just a bit of restless legs a few weeks ago. Epsom salt gel really helped with that.

Bump is getting stronger and stronger each day, few digs in the gut to let me know it's there.

Has anyone started raspberry tea yet?

@annoyedgal hope your feeling better soon, not long left now...

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Must try the epsom salts, forgot how good they are! Have total envy that your bag is packed.... have most of the bits but need to knuckle down to sorting it. Went over on my other two so not much hope of going early but still good to have it sorted.
    Haven't tried raspberry leaf before but I'll definitely give it a go this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

33.5 weeks here and starting to put bag together. Baba is really squirming now.

I’m exhausted, sleeping poorly, murdered with heartburn, peeing every 15 minutes, and himself still hasn’t gotten the baby stuff out of the attic. I’m in with the midwife next week and going to discuss the best way to freeze some colostrum.

Although we’re a bit concerned about Covid we’re looking at putting LO into crèche from next week to get her used to it and give me a couple of mornings to rest. Will be discussing dealing with visitors too; i’ve Already warned my parents that we’ll probably need them to get tested before coming, but will also be asking them to stay in the week up to my DD to look after LO if we have to make a dash to hospital.m, so don’t quite know what to do there

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭McCloskey_A

34 weeks here
    Completely different this time, chasing a toddler is just tough out , she doesn’t like to sleep much either
    All good otherwise - lots of kicks - going to be a footballer
    Confirmed in portlaoise today that won’t be visitors allowed in at all, daddy should get in for labour ward plus one hour afterwards
    They aim to get second timers home after 24 hours.
    Have half a hospital bag packed as we were away for the weekend - must do it properly now

Hope everyone’s doing well - the countdown is well and truly on

Definitely harder when there are other smallies around! Don't have any issue with a visitor ban in hospitals as long as other half gets in for labour and for a daily visit so can shower! Hoping to get home after one night all going well but was in for 4 on my first as we needed iv antibiotics.
    The amount of visitors on the public ward was nuts! No chance to rest at all so happy enough for a quieter run this time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭McCloskey_A

I’d be delighted with no visitors but would love the hubby to get in but they are not allowed . I was the same on my first 4 nights too waiting about the bloods and antibiotics, so hopefully I will get them during labour this time and be out nice and quick!
    Although they’ve assured me they will turn bloods around much quicker now!

Oh that's hard that the dads can't visit after....hopefully you'll be in and out. I had the antibiotics during labour second time and it was great! Hoping not to have any this time but my waters always go well in advance of actual labour so probably will!

I think I woke up to my mucus plug gone. IIRC it went relatively early with #1 too but didn’t go into labour until 40+2. Still, anything can happen, so better finish packing those bags!

Wow exciting! How far are you now? Definitely get the bag packed just in case!

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Wow exciting! How far are you now? Definitely get the bag packed just in case!

35+5 today. I know it can go a couple of weeks before anything happens so I’m not too concerned, but better to be prepared.

• Advertisement

Wow, that's great. You'll not go overdue anyway! In and out of hospital here with high bp and getting super fed up. Not high enough to medicate but enough to keep me in until it comes down which it does....
    35 weeks now and hoping not to go over this time as it's been a tough pregnancy. Good luck with the bag !

Good luck with the blood pressure!

Well, it’s officially our turn. How is everyone doing?

I’m murdered with Braxton-Hicks today and well and truly ready for all this to be done with. Bags are packed and in car. Grandparents are on alert. All I can do now is wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Same!! Due date is 2 weeks away but I'm more than ready. Have hosp app today so will see what they say. I can barely walk with back pain, on a crutch last few weeks. Just so ready for it to be over. This is my third and I went over 12 & 14 days with my other 2, I'm praying this one makes an appearance early, or at least on time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Squiggle03

kylith wrote: »
    Well, it’s officially our turn. How is everyone doing?

I’m murdered with Braxton-Hicks today and well and truly ready for all this to be done with. Bags are packed and in car. Grandparents are on alert. All I can do now is wait.

Due date was yesterday! Bounced on birthing ball all day and still waiting...

Having lots of BH and pressure. Midwife said last Friday head is deeply engaged so I'm not sure what's taking baby so long 😂

Booked in for my first sweep this Friday.

Bags by the door here, just waiting now. FTM and I've heard it can be a little slower 😔

Baby boy born last wednesday at 36 plus 6. High blood pressure developed into pre eclampsia so after a lengthy stay was induced early.
    He's doing great but too small to feed at the boob by himself so pumping round the clock.
    Pretty wrecked after the last few weeks physically and emotionally but glad he's here ! Best of luck to the October ladies, we missed the month by a day!

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Baby boy born last wednesday at 36 plus 6. High blood pressure developed into pre eclampsia so after a lengthy stay was induced early.
    He's doing great but too small to feed at the boob by himself so pumping round the clock.
    Pretty wrecked after the last few weeks physically and emotionally but glad he's here ! Best of luck to the October ladies, we missed the month by a day!
    Congratulations! Glad baby is doing well, and that you're hopefully doing well too.

Baby boy, currently unnamed, born at 9:45 this morning. Born in caul, which no one managed to get a photo of, unfortunately. Passed a wee bit of meconium, but no harm done. 3.8kg, and mammy effing and blinding the whole way.

Wow! A great weight congrats kylith! Great to be on the other side! Enjoy the cuddles!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

kylith wrote: »
    Baby boy, currently unnamed, born at 9:45 this morning. Born in caul, which no one managed to get a photo of, unfortunately. Passed a wee bit of meconium, but no harm done. 3.8kg, and mammy effing and blinding the whole way.

Ah Kylith!Congrats!My second was also born en caul, would have loved a photo too.Little bit special!

• Advertisement
Advertisement