Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funniest game

• 03-09-2020 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

I've been a gamer for over 30 yrs and have played and laughed at a lot of games, at the moment I'm about halfway through Fable anniversary and have retained the title "Chicken Chaser" for no other reason that every time I hear an NPC say it it makes me laugh! (I am a simple man) What games make you laugh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm quite immature for an adult, so immature stuff makes me laugh. I got a few giggles out of Rad Rogers for the couple of hours I played it, I remember loving Conkers Bad Fur Day back when I played it. Borderlands has some excellent comedic moments, especially with Tiny Tina and Claptrap. It's actually kind of hard to think of specific games, as they all seem to have comedic moments at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

I'm quite immature for an adult, so immature stuff makes me laugh. I got a few giggles out of Rad Rogers for the couple of hours I played it, I remember loving Conkers Bad Fur Day back when I played it. Borderlands has some excellent comedic moments, especially with Tiny Tina and Claptrap. It's actually kind of hard to think of specific games, as they all seem to have comedic moments at some point.

Agree, the reason for this thought train was that I was posting on my laptop and the game on my tv just piped up "Ohhh look at the chicken chaser!" i forgot to pause it and I nearly jumped out of my skin and then laughed my arse off at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Saints row games funny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

South Park The Stick of Truth is very funny.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Jazzpunk, The Stanley Parable and the Portal games (at least before the latter got over-meme’d) would be gold standards for me.

Untitled Goose Game is a masterclass, and one of the few games where even the simple act of movement is consistently amusing in and of itself.

I also tend to be a fan of the super-twisty genre parodies, like Frog Fractions or What The Golf?

Desert Golfing is also basically an extended deadpan gag, and I love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Jazzpunk, The Stanley Parable and the Portal games (at least before the latter got over-meme’d) would be gold standards for me.

3 solids right there

I'd have to have a serious think ... and then it'll make it less funny :D

Random, but there's a game I played on XBlive on the 360 that I enjoyed the quirky humour of 'Battleblock Theatre' - I played it with my then 6yr old daughter [who's 12 now and still into her games but much more serious]

3 solids right there

I'd have to have a serious think ... and then it'll make it less funny :D

Random, but there's a game I played on XBlive on the 360 that I enjoyed the quirky humour of 'Battleblock Theatre' - I played it with my then 6yr old daughter [who's 12 now and still into her games but much more serious]

Bugger! I was thinking of solo game experiences, but I have had some competition with my nephew for the last many years over bragging rights and funny "burns" Hmm........! OK They're in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Bugger! I was thinking of solo game experiences, but I have had some competition with my nephew for the last many years over bragging rights and funny "burns" Hmm........! OK They're in!

It is a SP game, just downloaded from the Xbox live Arcade at the time, and can do 2 player co-op or single :)

The voice over for the trailer there is the narrator for the game [always pops up during cut scenes] that's where most of the humour lies, but I thought it was a little different and quirky at the time, still find it amusing

It is a SP game, just downloaded from the Xbox live Arcade at the time, and can do 2 player co-op or single :)

FFFFUUUUUUKKKKK!!!!!!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I quite like the Sam and Max games even if a lot of the jokes can repeat when you get stuck on a puzzle.
    Gex's one liners are so bad they are good in an ironic way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Portal 2 would probably be my top one. So many great lines and sequences throughout.

I'd also gove a shout out to Tales From The Borderlands. Typical Borderlands humour through a lot of it which can be hit and miss, but also some genuinely funny bits that completely took me by surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

South Park The Stick of Truth is very funny.

Thought the fractured but whole was pretty funny as well especially the two priests, Jared and the difficulty setting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Any of the chat stations on the GTA games can have me giggling. I've spent more times outside missions just cruising around laughing the head off myself to any station Lazlow was on at the time.

The random one liners from NPC's as well can be excellent.

Fable "your game is currently paused, why not use this time to treat yourself to a lovely cup of tea. Or an apple"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

The priest fight in Fractured But Whole as mentioned by another poster got proper laughs out of me when I played it, the soundtrack and everything was just brilliant :D

Tales from the borderlands was genuinely laugh out loud in a few points as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

TIMMMY!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The first two Monkey Island games and Sam & Max Hit the Road are probably top of the list for me.
    Kiith wrote: »
    Giants: Citizen Kabuto.
    TIMMMY!!!!
    Their follow up, Armed & Dangerous, had a similar writing style and I'd definitely recommend it if you enjoyed Giants.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭larva

The NPCs have some funny dialogue in Dishonoured 1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This part of thief 2 always gives me a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

gizmo wrote: »
    The first two Monkey Island games and Sam & Max Hit the Road are probably top of the list for me.

Their follow up, Armed & Dangerous, had a similar writing style and I'd definitely recommend it if you enjoyed Giants.

That last missions as the mercenaries in Giants was such a spike in difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

The priest fight in Fractured But Whole as mentioned by another poster got proper laughs out of me when I played it, the soundtrack and everything was just brilliant :D

Tales from the borderlands was genuinely laugh out loud in a few points as well.

I started playing the FBT straight after SOT but couldnt get into the combat so never went back. Must download it again and give it another crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I'd be hard pressed to call it a game but 'Accounting+' on PSVR made me laugh a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gizmo wrote: »

And is available on Games With Gold later this month for Xbox One/360 owners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Stanley Parable. No game comes close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Retr0gamer wrote: »

This part of thief 2 always gives me a laugh.

Gas i remember that :)

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Gas i remember that :)

Never gettin' old!

I've been a gamer for over 30 yrs and have played and laughed at a lot of games, at the moment I'm about halfway through Fable anniversary and have retained the title "Chicken Chaser" for no other reason that every time I hear an NPC say it it makes me laugh! (I am a simple man) What games make you laugh?

I used to enjoy the villagers endearingly calling me arse face as I went on my way

I used to enjoy the villagers endearingly calling me arse face as I went on my way

Marry me! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 LillyLin

the last game it was human fall flat played in threesome me and 2 more friends
    there were a lot of funny moments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Human Fall Flat handsdown the funniest game ever, it can be played with non gamers and still hilarious.

Advertisement