Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Peugeot e2008

Options
  • 19-06-2019 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Peugeot has just unveiled it's new Peugeot e2008 (2020) and it will be powered by petrol, diesel and electric.

Should be on sale here later this year or early next year.

2020-peugeot-e-2008.jpg

2020-peugeot-e-2008.jpg

2020-peugeot-e-2008.jpg

Post edited by liamog on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Nice car, would love one but mad money as usual

Supposedly 30k sterling

About €33,000 here I would think

Insane for a supermini

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Still it's refreshingly stylish and dare I say cool compared to other BEVs in the market. And the specs on the paper look great also.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Same size as Kona? Which costs €37k with 64kWh

€33k for this one with presumably 50kWh would be in the same league, depending on specs etc. Pretty damn expensive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Some more info on this from WhatCar

50kWh battery
    Available in "Spring 2020"
    Up to 310 kms range on the WLTP cycle (*You likely won't see that in real world range)
    134bhp electric motor
    To cost from 28k sterling, or 32k sterling for top spec GT version.

Looks like a nice car if the size suits you. Will keep an eye out for a TeslaBjorn review so!

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2020-peugeot-2008-suv-revealed-price-specs-and-release-date/n19614

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Owh,

Just found it on the Irish website too. Confirmed Spring 2020 for Ireland, and also it will have an app!

https://www.peugeot.ie/brand-and-technology/about-peugeot/news-and-blog/peugeot-electric-revolution-continues-as-new-2008-revealed.html

Found a basic YouTube review here too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bixler3

The e-2008 doesnt feature on the Pegeot .ie price list, is it being sold here??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Had asked about this and demos appearing by November.
    Pricing roughly
    Active: €32K
    Allure: €34K
    GT: €37K

All after grant

The 134 Hp is shocking for a car of this size/weight, unlike and ICE a 134 Hp diesel can use a gearbox so I expect this to be very slow above 90 Km/hr.

Any figures on 0-100 ? and 80-120 ?

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

gar wrote: »
    Had asked about this and demos appearing by November.
    Pricing roughly
    Active: €32K
    Allure: €34K
    GT: €37K

All after grant

There's a GT Line price too.
    Prices from peugeot.ie:
    Active: €31,235
    Allure: €33,185
    GT Line: €35,715
    GT: €37,535

All 136bhp, all 50kWh battery packs.

Shame about the battery size (and thus the range). 310km, so motorway that's ~250km, and to safeguard against a broken/busy/missing fast charger on your journey, that's really a comfortable ~200km range on long drives, nothing more. It'd be a nice Niro alternative otherwise.

The 134 Hp is shocking for a car of this size/weight, unlike and ICE a 134 Hp diesel can use a gearbox so I expect this to be very slow above 90 Km/hr.

Any figures on 0-100 ? and 80-120 ?

0-100 is ~9 seconds I've heard.
    https://youtu.be/YaikmKaScDU?t=971

And you're not wrong about the acceleration at higher speeds. That 80-100km/hr took notable time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

All 136bhp, all 50kWh battery packs.

Shame about the battery size (and thus the range). 310km...

Dead right there, battery sizes seem shoved into arbitrary 50kWh a while now, I know there are some higher ones as "upgrade options" but we really need to move onto base sizes higher and higher on an incremental basis.
    Look at Tesla Model S, 40,60,70,75,85,90,100, always increasing incrementally

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Bjorn just posted a range test. 90/hr = 300km range at nice warm 20° weather.
    120km/hr = 200km range at nice warm 20° weather.

A bit worse than I expected really. Irish weather (colder and rain) would cripple it on the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Ballylad

Hi anyone purchased an e-2008 lately, did it come with an AC charging cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Zander75

Hi, got one the other, it only came with a granny cable!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Are these essentially just a raised up super mini?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Gael23 wrote: »
    Are these essentially just a raised up super mini?

I guess they are based on the 208 but have seen a few in the road and they look impressive, lots of road presence and don’t look supermini size at all, more C segment Focus size

Any examples of real world ranges from here for winter and summer please?

Any examples of real world ranges from here for winter and summer please?

Check out this spreadsheet from Bjorn https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r58c93M0JwdbJ1Gik_8QhyyeLjoPgCSe1JXR_u4DrPc/edit#gid=735351678

He's tested them all.

Be interesting to see what your thoughts are after reading that.

Check out this spreadsheet from Bjorn https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r58c93M0JwdbJ1Gik_8QhyyeLjoPgCSe1JXR_u4DrPc/edit#gid=735351678

He's tested them all.

Be interesting to see what your thoughts are after reading that.

Cheers, wife needs to change car and I'm encouraging electric. She's called 3 or 4 dealers and all have put her off the idea. "Sure you'll be charging for hours to get anywhere, hybrid isn't what you want either". I know battery tech will be even better again in 2 years but I think getting a 2nd hand diesel us not great economy if that market will disappear in the coming 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

Cheers, wife needs to change car and I'm encouraging electric. She's called 3 or 4 dealers and all have put her off the idea. "Sure you'll be charging for hours to get anywhere, hybrid isn't what you want either". I know battery tech will be even better again in 2 years but I think getting a 2nd hand diesel us not great economy if that market will disappear in the coming 5 years

I don't really get this, we had the same with Dublin dealerships a year ago when looking for an e-208. You would have thought they would have realised that an EV might suit some people.

In the end, I went to a rural dealership and am glad I did. Good aftersales service and cheaper servicing, plus they were genuinely interested in learning the ins and outs of our EV experiences.
    The disadvantage is the distance to go for services when they are needed.

• Advertisement

I've found the e-208 model on A Better Route Planner is fairly accurate, I see the e-2008 is on it too.

I found it useful to put a few of the standard trips I do into the app/website and see how the car worked for my driving patterns. Gave me more confidence in my choice before finally making the purchase.

Don't reply to this troll. he'll be banned soon. He has been trolling various forums.

Buy an Audi, a real car

Aren't you a happy helpful chap, good with what I have thanks.

Against my better judgement of feeding the trolls, I've plenty of cars more fun than an Audi

You'll be gone soon enough. trolling in framing, rugby forums and here. you'll be gone before you can post links. you're just wasting your time.

keep posting in here. there will be less for the other moderators in other sub-forums to tidy up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

"Sure you'll be charging for hours to get anywhere, hybrid isn't what you want either".

Take that as a note to stay away from them dealerships(or salesmen). And to think, that If they had replied positively they might have made a sale. instead of fobbing you off.

When we went with a EV, A requirement was that we would be able to make the 260 odd km trip rain, hail, or shine. And ideally make a 300km trip. (more chargers on that route, so a quick charge could be done if needed, turns out we can do that trip too easily on a full charge)

a huge majority of charging will be done at home, overnight. Imagine not having to go to a petrol station again!

Electric is great, once it has the range you need, price you want to pay then ye will love how cheap it is to drive on EV.

I'm driving electric since 2015 and yes sure, I currently drive the BMW i3 Rex but mostly still drive on electirc but the point is that I would never go back to Full ICE car again, those days are long gone for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭gary29428

Ordered our e2008 GT last week...looking like Aug/Sept delivery....:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭gary29428

Is anyone else waiting on an e2008. We ordered one in April, now being told it will be Oct...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ELCAT2009

So how are all the E2008 owners finding their EV cars...happy with the purchase? How is the drive and range performing?

Advertisement