Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PGA Tour 2k21

• 23-08-2020 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone else tried the new PGA Tour 2k21 game yet? I got it on Friday. Really enjoying it so far.

I've started with pretty tough settings and struggling to nail down the correct swing momentum.

Anyway, I've created an online society on PS4 called 'Ireland PGA Society' if anyone would like to join :)

Will hopefully begin running some online tournaments on a regular basis once we've got a few members.

Koolhanger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Having great craic with it so far. I've nearly nailed down the Pro-Am difficulty setting, will play a few days at Pro with putt preview off before trying online again. I did not realise online play was at Pro and made a show of myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Just got this last night after being on the fence about it, first golf game in a bit but I am loving it! I played my first tourny on Medium difficulty (I Think?) and was 2 over, the weather was a b*llox and the greens very fast. Dropped it down after not making the cut and won at 5 under, birdied the last three, delighted. Looking forward to sinking a lot of hours into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Yes, it's brilliant, I think.

It took me 11 attempts to qualify from the Q-School round and make it into the Korn Ferry Tour!

Just finished one season on the KF Tour and didn't qualify for PGA Tour.

Looking forward to having a few hours at it tonight as I try to make it to the PGA again!

Lads, join the "Ireland PGA Society" if ye fancy it. I'd love to run a few tournaments over the next few weeks/months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I found myself jumping up a bit when I sank a birdie putt, great craic haha. Nice change of pace from CoD the last couple of months.

I got into the __ on my second attempt, after dropping the difficulty slightly. In the Korn Ferry Tour at the moment, havent played a tourny yet but dying to get home.

Are most people doing one round tournaments?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Darwin

If you are struggling with the swing tempo on Pro setting, there is a swing calibration option that can only be found in the Training menu (off the main menu). This has helped me a small bit. I'm on the PGA Tour playing on Pro difficulty but Easy AI and it's a nice challenge.

• Advertisement

Yep, the swing tempo is very tough for me so far. I had to find woods with far more forgiveness for now.

Yes, Damo, I'm playing one round tournaments in my career. I used to like the idea in previous games of playing one round in all tournaments except for the Majors, which I'd change to two rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

What's the career mode like on this lads, can you still add in custom tournaments to the calendar like you could in the last one? Or is it just a set calender now? Think I read somewhere that the PGA tour was 30 events across 15 courses but wasn't sure if you can edit it

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Anyone?

Hi tgdaly, I'm still in my first season as a PGA pro on the game. I saw that there are about 34 events scheduled for the full season but I don't know if I can edit events. I haven't seen any options to change or remove any of the events that are there by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Dont suppose anyone has played this on Switch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Darwin

No don't have a Switch, PC only. So I'm nearing my second playthrough of Career mode on Pro difficulty with 2 rounds per event so I can enjoy trying to make the cut. I'm a bit better this time, I've had two Aces (one with a driver), won 3 tournaments and had a best tournament score of -10. I had to run the swing calibration several times to stand any chance of driving the ball reasonably straight. I see TGCTours is starting the Qualifying pool shortly for the Challenge Circuit society, I'll probably give that a go when I'm finished with this playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Started off on amateur I think but was way too easy, won the q school and first Korn Ferry tour event so changed to Pro then. Found that more or less impossible, particularly the putting (shooting +25). Switched back to pro-am and am still pretty bad to be honest, have shot -2 at my best but usually between +4-10. I'm enjoying it but some of the fantasy courses are ridiculous. As in the fairway is about 3 metres wide, greens tiny with OOB all around them if off target. Just not that realistic when coming from the TPC courses and kinda ruins the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Has anyone had any issues with the Course Designer on this game? I'm playing in the xbox one.

When I go to course designer I can start it up fine and access all the menus but when I go to place anything or pan/zoom the screen everything just seems stuck in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Hi is it just me or is this very laggy on PS4, I got it at Christmas, first golf game in ages and loving it but the lag is annoying the hell out of me , not sure if I need to do something with the console but don't really play enough games to compare. I noticed the last of us 2 also lags a bit. I mainly play PES and FIFA which are sound .

Advertisement