Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are we allowed to talk about Health Passport here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

It has totally bombed since it was introduced to the public sphere in the last few days. Look at the likes and dislikes on the video, it also doesn't help that there is no information anywhere about the ROQU Group. I think it is so ridiculous to think this would become an actual thing with widespread use that I am not worried about it.

I'd be curious as to who funds ROQU and what political links they have in Ireland.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Sounds like someone is trying to monetise and financially gain as much as possible from a pandemic to me rather than offer a service as a public good.

What's their pricing structure? Doesn't have any bluetooth or location, but it has more personal data than the official app no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

What's their pricing structure? Doesn't have any bluetooth or location, but it has more personal data than the official app no?
    I see this as a dangerous flow of disinformation and and lack of clarity can cause even more harm than not having any system.
    Video from actually HSE itself is even worse and no surprise people are scared rather than supportive in this matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1erY9tb9C7o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Why not put green, orange and red star on everybody's arm?
    How else you can make sure everyone will be compliant as quite a lot of people do not bring their phone everywhere they go. Some people do not even have smart phone and old people tend not to be very tech-savvy sporting latest models.
    So are we going to make carrying smart phones mandatory now?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

papiere bitte

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Some one I know had covid at least 2 times probably 3 times but tested 2 times was positive 30 days at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    Some one I know had covid at least 2 times probably 3 times but tested 2 times was positive 30 days at a time
    More likely to be testing issues and spoofing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Weepsie wrote: »
    Sounds like someone is trying to monetise and financially gain as much as possible from a pandemic to me rather than offer a service as a public good.

TBH it plays on fear and is a way to offer people some alleged security and a way out of what seems to be an endless path . It's fraught with issues, both medical and privacy ones, never mind the inherent blatant stereotyping of those without one, but there is an opportunity for some to earn money out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,123 ✭✭✭plodder

zom wrote: »
    I see this as a dangerous flow of disinformation and and lack of clarity can cause even more harm than not having any system.
    Video from actually HSE itself is even worse and no surprise people are scared rather than supportive in this matter:

That video seems to be about something completely different, nothing to do with Covid. Look at the date - June 2019.

The tin foil hat folk won't like this at all. An app that gives a traffic light symbol that then, I presume, allows you more or less freedoms depending on your colour. They have a more insidious version in China already. Under no circumstances should this be mandatory. The app would also need to be completely open source and hopefully given to the Linux foundation like our other covid app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

They have a more insidious version in China already
    Not sure if we would like if our government will follow Chinese solutions. Some people will be delighted tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,661 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

zom wrote: »

WTF did I just watch? That looks like some shoestring fan film, not an official HSE video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    WTF did I just watch? That looks like some shoestring fan film, not an official HSE video.

It's a separate initiative for people with intellectual disabilities.

https://healthservice.hse.ie/about-us/onmsd/onmsd-blog/hse-health-passport-mission-possible-short-film.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

I see they've taken down all the other videos from their channel not surprising as they were receiving a barrage of abuse in the comments section of the one video that did have comments enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

disabled comment section. Way to success for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

From what I can see the health passport app is being launched by a private firm in direct reaction to the Covid pandemic.
    They talk about fictional secenarios, presented as fact, such as everybody in the country having a smart phone and also these being testing for everybody.

It's not connected to any governement body or programme in anyway.

Then again you have people big into their Big Brother stuff presenting it as fact and proof that the governments of the word are planning all of this to control us. See video below.

His viewpoints stated as fact are not backed up by any evidence and just dangerous spread of misinformation in my opinion.

murpho999 wrote: »
    From what I can see the health passport app is being launched by a private firm in direct reaction to the Covid pandemic.
    They talk about fictional secenarios, presented as fact, such as everybody in the country having a smart phone and also these being testing for everybody.

It's not connected to any governement body or programme in anyway.

Then again you have people big into their Big Brother stuff presenting it as fact and proof that the governments of the word are planning all of this to control us. See video below.

His viewpoints stated as fact are not backed up by any evidence and just dangerous spread of misinformation in my opinion.

That guy is the worst

Advertisement