Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are some films filmed in Waterford?

Options
  • 01-09-2020 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

I know Barry Lyndon was. There was British film in the 90s too filmed too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Mackenzie Break - on the Copper coast for the climax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Boston Kickout Alphonsus Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

If we include TV, Echoes and Redwater in Dunmore. Un Taxi Mauve, bilingual in English and French, partly shot in Lismore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Remember some (pretty bad) Rte crime drama from prob the late nineties was largely shot in/based around Waterford. If memory serves me correctly they never referred to it by name but called it "The Garden City". No idea what it was called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Remember some (pretty bad) Rte crime drama from prob the late nineties was largely shot in/based around Waterford. If memory serves me correctly they never referred to it by name but called it "The Garden City". No idea what it was called.

It was filmed in Dublin and Wicklow bar one or two establishing shots. Based on a Waterford writer but I have forgotten his name and what it was called - about political shenanigans and new fangled mobile phone networks if I recall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,291 ✭✭✭jmcc

Making The Cut (and I think that there was series of books with the main character). the guy who wrote the books used to teach in Mount Sion. RTE naturally mangled everything and had weird Deefer accents instead of Waterford accents in it. (The books were much better.)

Regards...jmcc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Sound. Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Remember the Eastenders spin off that was filmed in Dunmore 'Redwater'

I got invested in it cause of where it was filmed but it was a bit messed up. TBH could even of been a standalone series and nothing to do with Eastenders
    Kat and Alfie never died after all and events of this series were never spoken of again it seems

Was going to ask about that 90s detective series but saw it was already discussed. Was sean mcginley in that ???. We have a small pool of actors/actresses in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,291 ✭✭✭jmcc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Was going to ask about that 90s detective series but saw it was already discussed. Was sean mcginley in that ???. We have a small pool of actors/actresses in Ireland
    Yep. He was the lead. He was in that Republic of Doyle series in Newfoundland. Learning to understand the Waterford accent might have helped him with that. :)

Think that there was some Maeve Binchy novel filmed in Dunmore too but it might have been the 1980s.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote: »
    Think that there was some Maeve Binchy novel filmed in Dunmore too but it might have been the 1980s.

That was Echoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

28 Days Later...filmed on Michael Street any evening after 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I know its not Waterford but people might be interested in it, the horror movie "The Lodgers" was filmed in Loftus hall. I also published a fictional book based in Waterford last year. Also 6 shooter was filmed in the Train Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

Someone once told me that the opening scene in Moby Dick, mostly filmed in Youghal, was shot overlooking Dungarvan Bay (from The Sweep side).

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

There was a fairly well known one filmed in one of the containers on the quay a few years back, was mostly shown in pubs around town, definitely wasn’t on public release

jimbojazz wrote: »
    There was a fairly well known one filmed in one of the containers on the quay a few years back, was mostly shown in pubs around town, definitely wasn’t on public release

:D:D:D

This was filmed in Waterford i think

https://www.youtube.com/user/WaterfordFilms - Brilliant company who produce very interesting local Documentaries

Speaking of locally produced, I vaguely remember a series of extremely low budget stuff on VHS, Bachelors in Trouble. They were a Waterford crowd, weren't they?

JohnC. wrote: »
    Speaking of locally produced, I vaguely remember a series of extremely low budget stuff on VHS, Bachelors in Trouble. They were a Waterford crowd, weren't they?

Are they the 2 lads from kilmac or somewhere like that

I'd say they were trying to become the new D'Unbelievables

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

jimbojazz wrote: »

The Waterford blue is legendary

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

All the indoor scenes for the Walking Dead were recorded in Masons, Director said they saved thousands as there was no make up needed and no extras had to be paid, it was just hard to work with the stench....

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Langrishe, Go Down - Slieverue and Waterford - George's Street and in the Oak Room in The Munster Bar. Jeremy Irons & Judy Dench hhhhhridin! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqbBO2PfzUI

• Advertisement
Advertisement