Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Senior Executive Officer, Local Authority 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭tungsten

dee75 wrote: »
    Well, tests done. The Cut-e style is very different from the SHL type used in the AP competition.

I got about 32 done in numerical, out of 37 questions. It wasn't too bad.

Only got 32 done in verbal. Thought I would get a lot more answered than that, given there are 49 questions! As people mentioned in the previous SEO competition thread, it's off-putting moving between the different threads no matter how fast a reader you are.

Management scenario was fine. Always impossible to know how you got on with that one until you get your score.

Good luck to everyone doing the tests this weekend.

With the management senario - my gut is to spread points between different responses - with zero points going to the least likely response

What are people's approach - is their validity in allocating all point to one response as an alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Redchick

tungsten wrote: »
    The system will legitimately see a bug - don't worry

You were correct! Thankfully they emailed me back almost straight away and had unblocked it.

With the management senario - my gut is to spread points between different responses - with zero points going to the least likely response

What are people's approach - is their validity in allocating all point to one response as an alternative

I'm thinking that spreading points will be required of most scenarios - there's rarely only one option when managing a situation. I plan on giving the highest rating to the option that I would most likely do first in my current position and then maybe allocate some points to what I might see as my back up action.

Redchick wrote: »
    I'm thinking that spreading points will be required of most scenarios - there's rarely only one option when managing a situation. I plan on giving the highest rating to the option that I would most likely do first in my current position and then maybe allocate some points to what I might see as my back up action.

Thanks for that and glad you got sorted quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭lucat

I allocated all points to one option for maybe... two questions.

Frankly, I wasn't impressed with this test. I noticed that options 1 and 3 in many, if not most, of the questions were virtually the same, so I felt like I actually had only two options rather than a real three. Especially for these questions, I tended to allocate 3 points to two different options (so 3/3). Usually I hate doing this but the options were so limited in this particular test!

Did anyone else get this impression?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Well that's me gone I'd say. Fecking Evergreen Ltd again!!

I think I came across the same test for a Revenue Competition in the last couple of years.

Did anyone have an issue where the tab " Market Share" didn't have any data in the numerical test. All other tabs had a table or graph but feck all under that one.

I think I got about 20 answered in both.

Third section was fine. Spread out the points for about two thirds of the questions and gave a few of them 6 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tigerpants

Is it me or was there a few cannot tells under the Numerical test. Asking about FY2 or some year that there was no data for??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just looking at jobtestprep. DO I have to buy two separate products - one for verbal and numerical and one of managaemnt scenarios (£50 each) or will the £70 option cover everything?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Just looking at jobtestprep. DO I have to buy two separate products - one for verbal and numerical and one of managaemnt scenarios (£50 each) or will the £70 option cover everything?

I got 2 packs
    • SJT Management
    • Cut-E all inclusive

Tigerpants wrote: »
    Is it me or was there a few cannot tells under the Numerical test. Asking about FY2 or some year that there was no data for??

Yes there were a good few.

• Advertisement

I got 2 packs
    • SJT Management
    • Cut-E all inclusive

The wording on the site sounds like the 69.99 pack allows access to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭BMHOPE

The last time, they interviewed the top 200 after the supervised appititude tests, it was widely speculated that there would be a second tranch but there wasn't... after about 12 months there was a email issued for expression of interest for Cork. There was ocean's called to supervised tests though, a number of days with a number of sessions each day and the room was full.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

lucat wrote: »
    Ugh, well that was a waste of time. I only got 16 or 17 questions done in Verbal. Really annoyed!

I wouldn't rule yourself out just yet. 16 or 17 well answered questions could place you quite high.
    You are not expected to answer all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Well that's me out.... Logged in to complete the management scenario questions and once I got beyond the practice question I was presented with a blank white screen. I've emailed the support desk but I'm not sure if they will reinstate it. Oh well��

I encountered similar. Turns out Flash was blocked on my computer. I allowed it, went back in, and got it working

delricyo wrote: »
    I wouldn't rule yourself out just yet. 16 or 17 well answered questions could place you quite high.

That is good news because, goodness, I'm finding them a huge struggle.

delricyo wrote: »

Oh I know you're not expected to answer them all, but it got me wondering...

Getting 16/17/18 etc. done averages out to around 50 seconds per question, according to my very lazy maths. So I wonder would they prefer candidates who got 90% of their questions correct within a 50 second timeframe, (like me, hopefully!) or would they prefer faster candidates who maybe spent only 25ish seconds on each question but got the same number correct? So if these candidates got 17 out of an attempted 34 in total correct (meaning only 50% correct but more answered), which is better? I'd be interested to hear what people think!

Just finished mine! Not impressed with my brain... Managed 22 in numerical and 31 in verbal. But not confident about the accuracy!! I definitely remeber seeing sample questions somewhere over the past week for Evergreen Ltd so I guess if you were cute (see what I did there??) about it and had done enough of the civil service assessments maybe some of the info would stick with you. Very doubtful though.... I've forgotten it already :-)

You'll be delighted to know that, as someone who has been a senior manager for a decade, I am laughing my way through some of the answers in the jobtesttraining management practice tests.

Getting 16/17/18 etc. done averages out to around 50 seconds per question, according to my very lazy maths. So I wonder would they prefer candidates who got 90% of their questions correct within a 50 second timeframe, (like me, hopefully!) or would they prefer faster candidates who maybe spent only 25ish seconds on each question but got the same number correct? So if these candidates got 17 out of an attempted 34 in total correct (meaning only 50% correct but more answered), which is better? I'd be interested to hear what people think!

Hard to know isn't it? Any of the free practice tests I did gives you a percentile ranking and also an accuracy rating. I'd say thy just go with the top certain percent and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Cushtie wrote: »
    Well that's me gone I'd say. Fecking Evergreen Ltd again!!

I think I came across the same test for a Revenue Competition in the last couple of years.

Did anyone have an issue where the tab " Market Share" didn't have any data in the numerical test. All other tabs had a table or graph but feck all under that one.

I think I got about 20 answered in both.

Third section was fine. Spread out the points for about two thirds of the questions and gave a few of them 6 points.

Interesting to hear they’re still trading, have they diversified from hair and cosmetics?

• Advertisement

Hard to know isn't it? Any of the free practice tests I did gives you a percentile ranking and also an accuracy rating. I'd say thy just go with the top certain percent and that's it.

That's true. You're probably right.

The intro to the test today mentioned proceed through them with speed and accuracy

So Cut-e measures both in my opinion

Perhaps an extra weighting for more questions answered with accuracy if outside the standard deviation (upper end)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MrMistoffelees

Anyone know how long they take to issue results? As long as the AP tests? Hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Casarina

Anyone know how long they take to issue results? As long as the AP tests? Hope not

Just checked 2017 campaign... It was 1 month before results in..
    Not holding out much hope this time. Thought this competition's questions were odd in the management ones and neigh on impossible to get many done in the verbal....

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pinkmouse2020

Well just completed, that was just about as good as the APO!!! got just over 20 in both sets completed... hoping the accuracy gets me over the line but not holding much hope!!

Best of luck all

Completed, will probably fail on verbal. 35 completed in numerical and about 22 in Verbal. Found it difficult to pull some of the information required in the latter.

Management test was odd. Some of the variations were very similar to each other.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Completed, will probably fail on verbal. 35 completed in numerical and about 22 in Verbal. Found it difficult to pull some of the information required in the latter.

Management test was odd. Some of the variations were very similar to each other.

I'm glad to know so many of us have the same impression about the management test. It was an odd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Results will be out on or before 14th September unless Public Jobs run into unexpected delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭TrixIrl

Got all the numerical and about 25 verbal answered. The management scenarios? We'll all I can saw is it certainly was not anyone working in Mgmt that came up with those!

Best of luck everyone

• Advertisement

TrixIrl wrote: »
    Got all the numerical and about 25 verbal answered. The management scenarios? We'll all I can saw is it certainly was not anyone working in Mgmt that came up with those!

Best of luck everyone

I didn't want to sound like I was moaning but I felt they were created for a very junior management position or by someone who hasn't worked at senior level at all.

I've just decided to forget about it now. I'll either get through or not. :D

Advertisement