Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skerries Covid Party

• 31-08-2020 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭

Pretty sure this is going to break very soon and make national news. In before the sh1tshow starts...

Prepare to be outraged.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Following out of curiosity...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

This happening now? Or was it over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

There ain't no party like a S Club Party Skerries Covid Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Quick search of Twitter reveals it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Reddit Ireland

TikTok vid doing the rounds of girls from North Dublin bragging about possibly getting/spreading Covid.

I don't want to post the vid, as all the girls name themselves, their tags are evident, and I'm not entirely sure all them are over 18.

So the story is about 35 girls booked a party bus to take them down the country for a mini-debs type scenario. At least two of the girls had recently tested positive for covid.

The girls then make a series of tiktoks guessing who will be the next to test positive, posting pictures of them licking each others faces and bragging about how they like to share drinks with others when they are drunk.
    All the girls work in retail/restaurants around the same town. All them are due in to school (6th year) on Wednesday.

How can people be so dim and selfish!?

edit: People looking for some kind of proof.

Comments on Vid https://imgur.com/a/SZn1e6s

All Gaa and Soccer canceled in the town as girls were on teams. https://imgur.com/a/mgG7vOv

edit 2: Latest suggestion is that the girls were working in cafes and pubs over the weekend while they waited on their tests to come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I'm outraged out. Can't give a c*ap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Seems all sports clubs in Skerries have cancelled all activities as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

WTF?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I have zero sympathy for them if anything bad happens to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

I am beside myself with rage. Or am I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Pretty sure this is going to break very soon and make national news.

And unfortunately it'll be gone by Wednesday

I remember a Chinese woman been pushed into a river by Dublin scroates for standing up for herself once ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭circadian

I wonder how much truth there is in this. Could very easily be doing it purely for attention and none of them actually have it.

Of course if it is true then they're a selfish bunch of arseholes and will hopefully at least be ridiculed for some time for their sheer stupidity.

Vote for President Dwayne Mountain Dew Camacho 2020.

Quick search of Twitter reveals this

https://twitter.com/kenb92950559/status/1300541138525396995?s=21

Classy.

Looking at that though, it just looks like kids spoofing to go viral and get those Tik Tok likes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Can we lockdown Co.Dublin please.

Too many muppets and tinfoil vests not following the guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭TheChizler

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Looking at that though, it just looks like kids spoofing to go viral and get those Tik Tok likes
    Better get their parents to resign just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

There's a TikTok trend at the moment of people guessing which of their friends are going to test positive. 99% are fake. Not sure about this one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

If it is real (could be a spoof like another poster suggested) it’s a pity they can’t be arrested to make an example to others.
    A girl coughed in a garda’s face at the start of the pandemic and was subsequently arrested.

If it is real (could be a spoof like another poster suggested) it’s a pity they can’t be arrested to make an example to others.

They're all under 18 though

If future gangsters can push a poor woman into a river and get away with it then it'll be the same here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

At no point in the video do they say anything which suggests they were trying to spread it? This could be completely made up

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    At no point in the video do they say anything which suggests they were trying to spread it? This could be completely made up
    I don't see where the whole COVID party thing is coming from that video tbh, it sounds to me as if there was a party, and some subsequently tested positive from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Surely this can't be real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    And unfortunately it'll be gone by Wednesday

I remember a Chinese woman been pushed into a river by Dublin scroates for standing up for herself once ...

It's very different and absolutely non comparable in context. The scumbag behaviour is at the same level though.

If this party grows to a huge outbreak it's a whole different ball game.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,058 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's all fun and games until they try to spread it to the wrong person and he executes them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The law of diminishing marginal outrage is beginning to apply.

Its over guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Its clearly fake. Like obviously blatantly fake

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This will be deleted. Someone on Reddit said they got an email threatening legal action.

They sound like plenty of their Daddies and Mammies are in power positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

J. Marston wrote: »
    This will be deleted. Someone on Reddit said they got an email threatening legal action.

Gonna be KPMG girl all over again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

J. Marston wrote: »

Good luck with that is my guess. Its blowing up tonight on twitter. That genie is hard to put back in the bottle.

Advertisement