Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The European Club 2020

• 18-08-2020 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Anybody played this year?? Is the rough still as intimidating, any major changes due to play on Sunday!! Can’t wait

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NedBagg

Played it a few weeks ago... not as penal as it was for sure but still plenty of no go areas...the wind was blowing that day and it was tough.. one of my fav golf course's..... When there is no wind it is a most beautiful golf course...gods own country... love it...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Excellent last time I played it was before some competition and thought it was incredibly difficult so can’t wait to play now!!! Any advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NedBagg

Pray the wind dies down...lol... stays like today you might need a few extra golf balls....

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Class golf course. My favorite. Unbelievably difficult at the best of times.

Fortunate to play it once a year and every time the sun does be shining. Must be extremely tough during the windy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Playing here on Sunday for the first time ever.

Any tips/suggestions from people who have played it a few times?

• Advertisement

Not sure what your handicap is but I'd bring plenty of golf balls.

The bunkers are proper links bunkers too, some are that deep you have steps going down into them.

I tend not to use the driver as much on the course due to the wind coming in off the sea and the rough being what it is.

If its a sunny day good chance you'll see a lot of naked men in the long grass along the beach too.

Playing it in 3 weeks time myself. Can't wait to play it again.

Play off 9.

Had 28 points round Royal Portrush there a couple of weeks ago so hoping to match that if possible.

Its a 4 ball better ball comp but more interested in my own score ha!

Play off 9.

Had 28 points round Royal Portrush there a couple of weeks ago so hoping to match that if possible.

Its a 4 ball better ball comp but more interested in my own score ha!

My brother is a single digit HC too and still reckons its the toughest course he's played.

Enjoy, be interested to know how you got on.

I’m out Sunday too 10.30 in the fourball

Playing off 16 so will be a test for me at least weather is too be good and wind soft

Anybody have any ideas what tees they play opens off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

stretchaq wrote: »
    Anybody have any ideas what tees they play opens off

Hybrid of greens and whites. Course will be plenty long regardless, dont worry!

Played today, am staggered by how amazing the course is, just unbelievable can’t understand why some people have issues with the sleepers in bunkers I think they make the place, warm welcome fantastic holes, just amazed by it had 38 points in the fourball so played fairly well too

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Played today, am staggered by how amazing the course is, just unbelievable can’t understand why some people have issues with the sleepers in bunkers I think they make the place, warm welcome fantastic holes, just amazed by it had 38 points in the fourball so played fairly well too

That is great shooting as that place is wicked at times and there was a breeze out there I imagine today ...
    I love the course

Rippeditup wrote: »
    That is great shooting as that place is wicked at times and there was a breeze out there I imagine today ...
    I love the course

In fairness conditions were very good got breezy on second nine but course is just amazing I couldn’t get over it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

In fairness conditions were very good got breezy on second nine but course is just amazing I couldn’t get over it!!!

Incredible track and always in top condition.

Favourite holes?

All of them but really liked 12,13 and 17, read some reports with people giving out about the burn on 18 and sleepers in bunkers, tought they were brilliant, the course is designed that a bad shot is punished being in way to many bunkers that you aim for as a safe shot,

Also love the fact that you can’t overpower a lot of the par 4s with a driver you have to play for fairways,

It is the greatest course to make you think and shape shots

God I can’t wait to go back!!!

All of them but really liked 12,13 and 17, read some reports with people giving out about the burn on 18 and sleepers in bunkers, tought they were brilliant, the course is designed that a bad shot is punished being in way to many bunkers that you aim for as a safe shot,

Also love the fact that you can’t overpower a lot of the par 4s with a driver you have to play for fairways,

It is the greatest course to make you think and shape shots

God I can’t wait to go back!!!

Great weather for it over the weekend. Trying to remember is the 13th the hole with the bunker in the middle of the green?

Played yesterday myself.

Unfortunately we had a late pull out on the morning so only 3 of us which meant we couldn't enter the 4ball open.

After Portrush and RCD its the best course i've played.

Front 9 ate me alive, only had 9 points for my own ball. Had 19 points back nine though which felt good.

Had a lovely 2 on 14th par 3 so that'll go down as my favourite hole!:D

ya bunker in middle of horseshoe green thats the 13, 2 on the 14 was a nice click, i left a 15 footer on it and 3 putted it,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Do they do open comps? I can't find any details on any of the usual sites

• Advertisement

Do they do open comps? I can't find any details on any of the usual sites

They do have open competitions. Seen ones advertised on the GUI website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

If you’re luck enough to be over 50, they have a Snr’s open for €50.00. Unbelievable value for a great course.

I think yesterday was the last of there summer opens, not sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kjansch

DO they do a GUI rate at this course?

Looks like they have an open fourball most Sundays.

open 4 balls fridays and saturdays for september €75

Advertisement