Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P Chadwick Boseman.

• 29-08-2020 4:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 60,266 ✭✭✭✭

Chadwick Boseman died aged 43 RIP.

Chadwick Boseman, ‘Black Panther’ Star, Dies at 43
    Chadwick Boseman, star of “Black Panther,” died on Friday after a four year battle with colon cancer, his rep confirmed to Variety. He was 43.

Before he was cast as the Marvel Studios superhero, Boseman’s career first exploded with his portrayals of Black American icons Jackie Robinson (in 2013’s “42”) and James Brown (in 2014’s “Get on Up”).

“It is with immeasurable grief that we confirm the passing of Chadwick Boseman,” said a statement posted to his Twitter feed. “It was the honor of his life to bring King T’Challa to life in Black Panther.”

Although Boseman never spoke publicly about his diagnosis, according the statement, he worked through his treatment for much of his career, starting when he played another Black American icon, NCAAP lawyer and future Supreme Court justice Thurgood Marshall, in 2017’s “Marshall” — a year before the premiere of “Black Panther.” Boseman most recently appeared in the Spike Lee’s Vietnam War drama “Da 5 Bloods,” and this year he’s due to appear opposite Viola Davis “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom,” a feature adaptation of the August Wilson play, directed by George C. Wolfe.

He is survived by his wife and family.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/chadwick-boseman-dead-dies-black-panther-1234753232/

https://twitter.com/chadwickboseman/status/1299530165463199747?s=20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Jesus Christ.
    R.I.P
    Will be an absolutely huge outpouring of upset and tributes etc over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'm shocked! He's so young! :(

Damn. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

In April of this year many people on the internet were making fun of how Chadwick looked. Many news articles were created to showcase this fact and many social media posts said how he looked like a crack whore. Let that set in.

RIP Dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

That's shocking. Crazy.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭somebody_else

fcuk !

Kevin Smith remembering Chadwick on live now:
    https://youtu.be/NlhZSZ50HEk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

So sad, he was iconic.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

I am completely stunned

Was only looking at my phone for the time

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

In April of this year many people on the internet were making fun of how Chadwick looked. Many news articles were created to showcase this fact and many social media posts said how he looked like a crack whore. Let that set in.

RIP Dude.
    The way media has gone in recent years is just pathethic.
    like a mob mentality. everyone wants to be part of a witch hunt. no matter the facts.

RIP Dude.

I didn’t kow that had happened.

Social media is populated by morons so hardly surprising but what news media were making fun of him? Tabloid sites I assume and not legitimate news sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

I just googled another description for shocked, and it gave me a perfect description...

Lost for words.. That's exactly how I feel.

Jesus...
    R. I. P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I missed that.. Googled it and the first result was fox news "concerned for his health" ... When someone looks like that it's either illness, drugs, or christian bail preparing for a role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Jeez first thing I saw when waking up, unbelievable, RIP.

RIP Dude.

Didn't know this at all. But then again I don't look at any of the places where that type of crap might be talked about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,073 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just awful news. Far, far too young for an actor who felt like he was just getting started.

Black Panther is my favourite of the Marvel films, and no doubt it was a film that meant a lot to a lot of people in the US particularly. To give so many young black creatives the space to work on that scale was a significant shift. And Boseman - a relatively low profile actor heading into his 40s - was a great choice to star. What a shame he won’t be able to continue in that role, and indeed that he won’t be able to build on that success with more roles like Da 5 Bloods. Seeing a lot of genuine shock and grief on social media: the man certainly made a hell of an impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Truly awful news to here.

A star only the rise too.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭A-Train

Terrible news to wake up and read. Very shocked and saddened for a person to pass away so young.

RIP to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Was there anything public at all about him being sick and I just missed it or is this the first anyone is hearing? Thats right out of the blue for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Was there anything public at all about him being sick and I just missed it or is this the first anyone is hearing? Thats right out of the blue for me.

There were tabloid pictures of him in April in which he was clearly very ill. Surprised they didn't get more coverage but the world was focused on other things at the time.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

As far as I know it was completely hidden. He was diagnosed 4 years ago and has shot movies since then. I wonder did anyone know or did he keep it pretty much to himself

It was mentioned on the previous page that gossips on social media were mocking him and that there gossip sites with photos.

I don't want to follow that story but with so many shocked at the news it doesn't seem to have been gossip that lasted long.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,193 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There were tabloid pictures of him in April in which he was clearly very ill. Surprised they didn't get more coverage but the world was focused on other things at the time.

I think a lot of people just presumed he was losing weight for a role.

An awful tragedy though. He made an incredible impact in a short space of time and what he had the potential to do is now lost forever. He seemed like a pretty private guy regardless, but on the occasions he did speak he always seemed like a tremendous and passionate guy.

A great loss. RIP

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    As far as I know it was completely hidden. He was diagnosed 4 years ago and has shot movies since then. I wonder did anyone know or did he keep it pretty much to himself

Sick and in treatment during the making and promotion of Black Panther.

Da 5 Bloods was his last I think and he looks healthy.

I wonder if Covid restrictions impacted on his treatment? I do not know what the rules are like in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I wonder if Covid restrictions impacted on his treatment? I do not know what the rules are like in the US.

highly doubt it.

Penn wrote: »
    I think a lot of people just presumed he was losing weight for a role.

An awful tragedy though. He made an incredible impact in a short space of time and what he had the potential to do is now lost forever. He seemed like a pretty private guy regardless, but on the occasions he did speak he always seemed like a tremendous and passionate guy.

A great loss. RIP

My memory is very bad for years and my first thoughts were he must have have got sick after Black Panther but he was fighting this during the making of that

Would have had to tell Feige for legal reason at the he was being cast?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Holy ****. I’m shocked. RIP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,004 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Thought he was wonderful in Black Panther. Only 43 as well. Seemed like a terrific actor. RIP.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Jesus....the look he gives Cap in Endgame will be forever etched in my mind. RIP :(

antodeco wrote: »
    I wonder did anyone know or did he keep it pretty much to himself

Would have ended his career, with little chance of being insured. I presume he was thinking of his family, and wanted his privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Awful news. :( Such a talented guy. Just a year younger than meself.

Would have ended his career, with little chance of being insured. I presume he was thinking of his family, and wanted his privacy.

I was thinking Feige and Cogler must have known and with him looking healthy and still being active with Da 5 Bloods that every one must have expected a recover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Advertisement