Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fancy Bryson or Rahmbo this week.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I think Rory will shock us all this week and pull out a good performance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I know Dustin was just off the planet last week but I really liked Tiger on Sunday, he looks super off the tee, don’t know if he’s playing this week, just a general comment really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

slave1 wrote: »
    I know Dustin was just off the planet last week but I really liked Tiger on Sunday, he looks super off the tee, don’t know if he’s playing this week, just a general comment really

He is down to tee off today.

Can everyone still win the fed ex? if 70th wins the remaining comps can they take the winners cheque?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭bren2001

etxp wrote: »
    He is down to tee off today.

Can everyone still win the fed ex? if 70th wins the remaining comps can they take the winners cheque?

Whoever wins the Tour championship wins the FedEx. Number 1 seed starts the tournament on -10 under. Whoever wins this week would almost certainly qualify for next week and hence, have a chance to take the winners cheque.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is lowry playing?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Is lowry playing?

No, 123rd in the Fedex rankings, so way off the required top 70.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭abff

I guess Phil needed to burn off some of the frustration he must have felt after falling out of the top 70 last week. I know $450,000 is small change to someone when his record, but a win is a win. Wouldn't be surprised if were to go on and win the overall Charles Schwab Series, assuming he bothers taking part in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Course is playing tough.
    Finding it more entertaining than last week.
    -8 or -9 might win it this week. This is the week Tony Finau wins a big one!

I do prefer this especially every now and again, could even get tougher with lower temperatures promised as the ball wont fly as much. Depends on rain a bit.

As the greens are lighting fast right now also.

-8 to - 10 always seems like a fairer test of golf on the players and there skill abilities. This potentially being much worse

Dont know if its always the case but the rough before the bunkers sometimes the ball stopping in it on a down slope in the rough or bunker makes it also more challenging.

Im a fan of golf when the places designed for golfers not to hit it are punished

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I enjoyed watching the golf last night when they actually looked like they had to think about what they were doing rather than just boom with a driver, swish with a wedge and go for eagles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Only 3 players under par. It’s a tough course

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭NotCarrotRidge

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Only 3 players under par. It’s a tough course

I like that. It already suits Rory. He can't do a birdie fest at the moment but I'd fancy him to play level or slightly under on a tough course. If he's in contention on a non-masters Sunday, he's going to be up for it, crowd or no crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

It's interesting to think that the winner this week will have a head start over most or all of the field to get another win in the next event. Good opportunity for someone to get back to back wins and walk away with 15 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Slanty

Really liking this course. Haven’t enjoyed a tournament like this in a long time.

Once I see -8 after the first round I tend to not bother watching.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

That rough is tough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭abff

That’s some scoring! Reminiscent of a US Open. Only two players under par and average score more than 5 over par. Makes for much more interesting golf than watching birdie fests.

Rahm in the clubhouse at plus 2 . That could be a good score as currently only one player under par

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

This golf course and golf is so much more enjoyable than last weeks birdie fest...a real test.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Slanty

Great round by Rahm. Will come into Sunday feeling confident. Has always been vocal about how much he loves a challenging course.

Worth a tenner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Costly bogey at end for Rory. Longer putts just wouldnt fall for him. Should be a great final day

Rahm looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Grear to c a proper golf competition, US open standard scoring, Rahm looks like the winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Another poor Sunday for Rory.

Niemann was unlucky to land in that divot on 15...probably ruined his day..Rahm was on fire though !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

DJ didn't hang around with that tee shot

Some putt from DJ...
    Wow...
    Think I'll get another can out.. !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

That's an insane putt from DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

4 hole playoff?

Even the trees like DJ!

• Advertisement

DJ clatters the trees and back out into the fairway...

Advertisement