Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Players to watch 20/21

Options
  • 27-08-2020 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭

Harvey Barnes

I feel he's being overlooked a little. Last season was a breakout season for him. Good opening fixtures and moderately priced at 7m compared to Vardy(10.5m). Maddison is also 7m but Barnes outperformed him last season.

Current ownership: Barnes 3.8% Maddison 12.3% Vardy 15.5%

I currently have Barnes in my gw1 team

Who do you think are good players to watch ahead of gw1?

Comments

How did he finish the season re minutes MM ?

I like him too but felt he wasn’t getting to see out the 90 minutes very often.

I thought at one stage, last season, he had definitely played his way in to Rodgers’s fist 11 but wasn’t so sure by seasons end.

Rodgers never seemed settled on a front 4/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

manual_man wrote: »
    Harvey Barnes

I feel he's being overlooked a little. Last season was a breakout season for him. Good opening fixtures and moderately priced at 7m compared to Vardy(10.5m). Maddison is also 7m but Barnes outperformed him last season.

Current ownership: Barnes 3.8% Maddison 12.3% Vardy 15.5%

I currently have Barnes in my gw1 team

Who do you think are good players to watch ahead of gw1?

I had him in my Sky Sports team for most of the 2nd half of last season. After the lockdown he was starting but then lost his place and was sub a few times I think. He set up a couple of goals against Palace coming on a sub. I got rid of him after that cos I had no confidence in him starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Mentioned this in another thread, Mateusz Klich of Leeds (5.5m). Started every game under Bielsa and in two years scored 16 goals and provided 14 assists along with 38 clean sheets in that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Yeah Barnes was in and out of the starting XI after the re-start. Maddison got injured shortly after the re-start and didn't feature in their friendly yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Pereira at West Brom. Might fall into the Buendia category of looking good and playing well without showing the points in FPL. He's at 6m too which is a bit saucy but he went really well last season and scored 8, assisted 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

manual_man wrote: »
    Yeah Barnes was in and out of the starting XI after the re-start. Maddison got injured shortly after the re-start and didn't feature in their friendly yesterday.

Himself, Perez and Ineacheho seemed to be rotated at the end of the seaon. No Maddison either, so that could be another spot gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Green&Red wrote: »
    Himself, Perez and Ineacheho seemed to be rotated at the end of the seaon. No Maddison either, so that could be another spot gone

I think Leicester are a wait and see team at the start of the season. Rodgers didn't seem to know what his best team was at the end of last season. Their bad form could carry into the new season, even though their fixtures aren't bad at the start.

Advertisement