Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League

• 23-08-2020 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭

Made by Rocksteady (Batman Arkham) Releasing 2022 so a bit off yet and no idea what to make of it from this trailer. Looks funny anyway.

Continuing on the Arkham verse, this is a 1-4 player game. Even as single player, you will play with the 4 player squad and can switch between characters on the fly. Or co-op it and have 3 friends join in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That looks fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

2022 .... Jesus! Seems like a long way away

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Looks infinitely better than the Avengers sh*tshow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Your man Sefton Hill described the game as a mix of using powers and gun play, FWIW. So very un-Arkham like by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Harley Quinn looks a lot like Margot Robbie to the point where I thought it was licenced at first. Whereas Deadshot looks like they took 10 minutes to decide on what he looks like. Plus if its a continuation of the Arkhamverse Deadshot has also managed to change race.

c10f56bf4c9849b3a707d2f6d8f375fd.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I actually really liked the humour/banter/comradery between the gang, dont think i saw one bit of cringe. So thats a nice change from most AAA trailers these days... But.... gameplay wise i cant see it being anything other than an auto lock on button mash like the new Avengers :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

An evil superman, how original. It's at a point now where, Homelander or Brightburn included, the majority representation of Superman in mass media is of an evil version. Even when he appears in cameos during Supergirl more often than not he becomes evil and Kara must fight him. While Man of Steel had him nurse Zod while lamenting how hard it is to be god.

I get supes is nearly too powerful for good drama, but it just feels lazy that the first response is to always make him the bad guy. Same with video games, can't be impossible to make a power fantasy superman game (no mentions of superman 64 please lol) about a decent, aspirational superhero.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That was the thing with Superman, he was always too powerful for me. He's basically invincible and has a crazy array of powers, so there's little to no drama usually. Unlike Batman, where he himself even gets killed at different points and stories/dimensions, Supes is either good or evil with no inbetween.

I'm not sure what to make of this. I will give Rocksteady their dues, they created the first (for me) established superhero game where you actually felt like the superhero. I loved the trio of Arkham games, but I was never a big fan of controlling multiple characters. Even the crossover missions in GTA V where you can pick which one to be, or the missions in Arkham City where you could switch, I didn't like them. The idea of having 4 at a time just seems bothersome. I'll keep an eye on it, it's ages away, but the best thing about the Arkham games was the single player "I'm Batman!" feel.

Thankfully Sony are still intent on the single player experience. Any time I see co-op these days, I hear customisation MTX.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's just shoddy writing. The WB superman cartoon from the 90s was excellent

Retr0gamer wrote: »

It was no Batman: The Animated Series. Which is still the best Superhero cartoon series ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Every comic cartoon from the 90's was excellent. Goddamn kids today will never know.

As for supes, gimme evil version all day every day. The goody two shoes is so boring.

As Batman once said to him "you f*cking nerd... with your nerd hair"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's like pro-wrestling, nobody wants the super powerful clean cut good guy anymore. They want the brooding badass.

Batman is cool but Supes will always be number 1 even if he's OP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's still possible. Just strikes as a lazy way to work in some drama cos the writers can't use their imagination to make Supes a good guy. Oooh he has gone bad. Again. it just Worfs the character (one for the Trek nerds). Especially in a medium built off of giving folks a sense of power fantasy. Playing as superman you'd think would be a slam dunk. And he's not invincible, IIRC he's vulnerable to magic so there's lots of in canon ways to lessen his power.

But yeah, brooding is in and everyone wants to be the moody lone wolf Batman. Escapism is wallowing now apparently

Surely the premise for this game isn't that Superman has gone bad... it's that the entire Justice League are under the control of Brainiac? They're just using Superman in the teaser as obviously he'll be the toughest (on paper) to take down.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Surely the premise for this game isn't that Superman has gone bad... it's that the entire Justice League are under the control of Brainiac? They're just using Superman in the teaser as obviously he'll be the toughest (on paper) to take down.

Well that's true. I doubt they'll actually kill the JL itself, I guess when seeing the trailer my eyeroll reminded how tired the Superman Goes Bad trope had become. Especially post The Boys and Homelander

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well that's true. I doubt they'll actually kill the JL itself, I guess when seeing the trailer my eyeroll reminded how tired the Superman Goes Bad trope had become. Especially post The Boys and Homelander

Sure, I get that. Maybe WB didn't want "evil" Flash, Bats, Wonder Woman or Aquaman up front as they're still involved in active movie franchises! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Mention of multiplayer killed my hype for this and the other game. I just assume anything with more than 1 player is a Destiny clone these days.

Confirmation that they'll be showing something at DC FanDome next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm still concerned about the multiplayer aspect of this, same with Gotham Knights. The boss fights have huge potential, but if they're designed around 4 players, and 4 characters with different playstyles, are they just going to be pure bulletsponges?

I'd have more faith in this being from Rocksteady than Gotham Knights though, but would like to see some details on gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That gameplay did nothing for me :(

Yeah, I'm still on the fence with this one.

Doesn't look like it has focus, if that makes sense. Just seems a bit too all over the place. I think focusing on 4-player is what is happening, and as a result the SP won't be good imo. Will wait and see, Rocksteady have a good record, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe it was all the purple goo enemies, but that trailer reminded me of Sunset Overdrive.

Hope the single player works okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Reportedly delayed to 2023. Not unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Give gamers time to forget about elden ring 😂😂.

Kinda feel sorry for new games, look at horizon its already pretty much forgotten about and it's out a month

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You'd really hope Rocksteady have something more up their sleeves than what they've shown so far because the game looks like a whole pile of nothing so far alas. Maybe the extra year is what's needed.

Advertisement