Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home taps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pelliven

I suppose I could just use 30 litre kegs. Are these common?. Also if anyone has a spare tap, coupler or regulator they,re looking to part with , feel free to p.m me 😁

Boscoirl wrote: »
    looks good, would have liked a non white fridge, i might get mine wrapped some day

That one was white. Just a coat of blackboard paint made a nice job of it I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I just measured mine to see, as my coupler is a little different. It would allow you to bend the line to the tap a bit.

I would reckon you could fit it in a 75cm space.

The keg is only 55cm high

I have exactly 75cm in height. . Any idea where to pick up a coupler like yours?

Actually measured again

The bottom of the keg to the shelf is 75cm so you should be good.

I’ll route out where I got the coupler.

• Advertisement

http://thebarcompany.ie/shop/draught-beer-equipment/couplers/uec/

pretty sure I bought it from here, the john Guest connections were extra, and I think they were expensive on that site, so maybe look else where for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭shmeee

Pints pulling nicely again. Not sure how but reduced temp it was pouring at helped somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 shane122

shmeee wrote: »
    Pints pulling nicely again. Not sure how but reduced temp it was pouring at helped somewhat.

Looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

What cooler have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

That’s a good looking pint

• Advertisement

BullBauld wrote: »
    What cooler have you?

A standard under the counter cooler as attached, has 2 cooling lines in it. No real name on it, came from an English company and called a HLM Holdings Ltd, shelf cooler.

Was running the Guinness through it twice. Now only running through it once.

Guinness heads have improved 10 fold.

A standard under the counter cooler as attached, has 2 cooling lines in it. No real name on it, came from an English company and called a HLM Holdings Ltd, shelf cooler.

Was running the Guinness through it twice. Now only running through it once.

Guinness heads have improved 10 fold.

Looks same as mine. It may be the lines weren't washed properly, only water ran through.

Are dry glasses a must also do you think?

It's a fickle ol thing Guinness!

Dry glasses are a must and I sometimes I’ll rinse them out and dry them after they come out of the dishwasher.

HELP!!! Look at my pint. Did not have this with first keg. Cleaned lines and this is happening. Not proper Guinness taps but as I said was Woking great first time around. When I do first pour it looks like it should do. I can only pull my tap forward but has controlled full so only pull on it slightly. Any help please.

Sorry pics attached now.

Dry glasses are a must and I sometimes I’ll rinse them out and dry them after they come out of the dishwasher.

According to a mate the dishwasher is a big no no for Guinness glasses.

shane122 wrote: »
    HELP!!! Look at my pint. Did not have this with first keg. Cleaned lines and this is happening. Not proper Guinness taps but as I said was Woking great first time around. When I do first pour it looks like it should do. I can only pull my tap forward but has controlled full so only pull on it slightly. Any help please.

We're all looking for inspiration lol

Not put in dish washer, girlfriend is dishwasher. Ha, ha she better not see this. No but she is a bit heavy with washing up liquid so I always rince them when I see them as they be full of bubbles. I rince and th. En dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jt69er

Glasses being used for any beer or stout should never be washed in a dishwasher or washed with washing up liquid. Rinsed in hot water with a little salt and allowed to drip dry.

Il have to tell her not to wash like that again, if your hear a funny noise it's not the storm it's her screaming at me.
    We need to get like a doctor Phil on here but doctor Guinness.

• Advertisement

I think we are all getting those little bubbles. Maybe Guinness have forgotten how to brew the stuff lol

I think we are all getting those little bubbles. Maybe Guinness have forgotten how to brew the stuff lol

I have just noticed that if I do the second pour just before the first one has fully settled that everything looks pretty OK. So I will clean lines again after this keg and see how things turn out. I always see plenty of them. Guinness vans around town that do the line cleaning for pubs so il just kidnap him and get h to set it out.

Looks same as mine. It may be the lines weren't washed properly, only water ran through.

Are dry glasses a must also do you think?

It's a fickle ol thing Guinness!

Iv'e about 20 Guinness Glasses and ensure the glass is washed (by hand) and dried before each pull. I let them drip dry and then place onto a towel behind bar upside down for any drops that are left.

This in relation to the bubbles on the side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

I have just noticed that if I do the second pour just before the first one has fully settled that everything looks pretty OK.

At the risk of opening a can of worms or starting a civil war..... If they look OK before you do a second pour, could you not just pour it all in one go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭Invincible

Local barman said wash glasses in hot water only, turn up and let dry for best Guinness .

With the temp falling a ggod bit and plus I took off my nozzle with creaming disc and took apart and let soak in warm water things have improved greatly. Back to as good as you get anywhere. Happy days. Who needs sun and heat when you got Guinness in back garden.

plus I took off my nozzle with creaming disc and took apart and let soak in warm water things have improved greatly.

Can you expand on this please?

Cleaning out the faucet is it?

I don't have Guinness tap, I think it is called a nitro tap and it has a peice at the end which I can remove to clean

• Advertisement

I don't a Guinness tap I think it is called a nitro tap. Has a black tip which I can remove and clean. Everything got alot better since the temp has dropped. ðŸ˜

Advertisement