Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Little Dreamers Kids Furniture Shops - Oranmore

• 18-08-2020 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone dealt with this place? I am trying my best to like them as they are local and all that goes but falling..

Just called to ask about maybe arrange a trip to the store and she was all we dont have a store. And I said, it mentions on the website you can come visit the store and makes it out like ye have displays, answer no that is it...So wondering are they worth dealing with or not thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Milly33 wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone dealt with this place? I am trying my best to like them as they are local and all that goes but falling..

Just called to ask about maybe arrange a trip to the store and she was all we dont have a store. And I said, it mentions on the website you can come visit the store and makes it out like ye have displays, answer no that is it...So wondering are they worth dealing with or not thanks

What are you looking to buy? I ended up finding out where their supplier was for beds and bought them direct cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I've got a lot online from them.
    No issues.
    Prices good too.
    Would rather give my business locally than finding Jeff Bezos even more...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Looking at beds and playkitchens.

Ah thanks Whiskeyman I love to shop local too, but after emailing and speaking to them on the phone its like, well reminds me of little Britain "The computer says No" just not really bothered I was like fine ill buy eslewhere

Can anyone recommend somewhere local that is good for kids beds

Having one last blast at buying local tomorrow and even that isnt local it is EZ living and Harvery Normans, but well tried another local furniture place in Craughwell (ill say no more) Rang ahead in all as I did not want to be dragging the kids out for no reason. DO you sell kids beds? Oh of course we do and we have them on display.. Called into what is shockingly set up with no thought to customers, to find single beds..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Is it a toddler bed you are looking for?

Got ours in All4Baby on the Tuam Road. Might be worth a call.
    Bella Baby in Oranmore are good too.

I've gone in there for gifts over the years, and always loved having a nosey around the shop, some lovely furniture on display. Last time I was there they were in the unit beside the saddle shop in Briarhill, they must have moved out? Or is it possible they are only operating online during the pandemic?
    As others have mentioned, All4baby on the Tuam Road, and Bella Baby in Oranmore are well worth a visit. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

All4baby have always been great for us. Very helpful when I mixed up mattress sizes too by accident

Thank you all, yep ended up going back to All 4 Baby and getting the mattress and Bed in there.. Must say they were great Aaron was the chap who helped me out with all. And even the other staff in there as I was asking about storage and they had no problem saying yes this is mad paying that much for what not but try here.. Such a shame the other stores really left themselves down but sure we got what we wanted in the end...Bella Baby also, I do remember calling in there before looking for something else and they were loverly.. Thanks all, ended up getting a mattress and the new BR baby toddler bed so if anyone wants to know how it is let me know..

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Ordered a Kids Table and chairs that was in stock for immediate delivery on August 3rd. Website charged me twice which was first red flag. Refund issued promptly after a call.

Literally heard nothing, no order number, nothing for a couple of days (5th) until they say the table is in-fact out of stock and will be back in the warehouse in 7 days and will be immediately delivered. Ask if we would like a different table to which we say we will wait the 7 days.

Hear nothing until August 17th until we get in contact with them by phone after they ignored emails. Apologetic and inform us that the table is still out of stock. But we would have delivery on Wednesday 26th.

Nothing again yesterday. So i call today. Table still not in stock. Won't be until next Monday to which i say i have zero confidence in.
    Customer service is appalling. Worst communicators i've dealt with this year. Was told for peace of mind i'll get a tracking number from DPD when they receive the Table. Getting the product to DPD is the problem not DPD. Jesus it's awful frustrating.

They're not cheap but i've seen one of their tables and was happy to purchase. Bonus that it was an Irish business but my god i could have got something similar from Amazon for 1/2 the price with none of the bull**** CS and clarity on where my order is.

Will update

• Advertisement

Ah so I was not mad in thinking they were bad.. Jes that is shocking you think the shops would be trying to do better now with covid to get sales in, not do stuff like this..

I felt the same regards customer service it was really a yes or no ans that was it, no well how can we help... Hope you have some luck with the table now.. I was hoping to get a kids kitchen or something like that from them for Christmas but to be honest i have no problem going elsewhere..

Even after the shopping weekend and looking local we ended up grand getting the bed from All 4 Baby but all else we ordered from Amazon

Advertisement