Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car detailers/valetors list

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,501 ✭✭✭✭vectra

itsmeitsme wrote: »
    Hi,

Some great info on this forum. I am picking up my new Megane R.S trophy in approx. two weeks, and was wondering what protective coatings people would recommend. I'm staying away from the dealers offers as I think the one size fits all dealer valeter will make a mess of it.

I am going to bring the car to a detailer, and I've love some help with 2 questions first:

1) Would people recommend a ceramic coating? (why yes or no please!)
    2) In the Dublin/Leinster area, who would you recommend. I've seen Spirit detailing mentioned here alot, has anyone used them or know anything about them? Also Ceramic Pro Ireland are at alot of shows etc, has anyone used them, or know anything about them.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

1)
    Yes,
    Reason,
    It gives the best protection for your paint,
    It helps keep it clean if that makes sense.
    ie, Dirt and dust doesn't stick to it as much as it does with waxed cars,

2)
    Brian in Spirit detailing would be my recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I would recommend Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. It offers up to 9 years protection and has to be applied by an accredited Gtechniq installer such as:

Pro Car Detailing (Gtechniq Accredited)
    GD House
    Whitestown Drive
    Tallaght
    Co. Dublin
    D24 FW5D
    T: 085 287 4449
    Prop: Wojciech Kowalczyk
    W: www.procardetailing.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1 924turboguy

Hi,

Some great info on this forum. I am picking up my new Megane R.S trophy in approx. two weeks, and was wondering what protective coatings people would recommend. I'm staying away from the dealers offers as I think the one size fits all dealer valeter will make a mess of it.

I am going to bring the car to a detailer, and I've love some help with 2 questions first:

2) In the Dublin/Leinster area, who would you recommend. I've seen Spirit detailing mentioned here alot, has anyone used them or know anything about them? Also Ceramic Pro Ireland are at alot of shows etc, has anyone used them, or know anything about them.

Hi,

@itsmeitsme

1: Always coat your car with a ceramic coating by a professional. From day 1. Garage stuff is terrible, but wouldnt be that bad if they actually applied it properly, which they never do ! Weather its washed once a year or every few days your better having a coating to help maintain the clearcoat. New car paint is alot softer now and easily damaged. Get protection from day 1. And dont rule out PPF. Considering it's a trophy edition and your gonna drive it, and prob drive it hard, a ceramic will not protect against chips or scratches. And if you track it your def gonna accumulate chips on the front, behind the wheels and the side skirts. So a combination of both would be ideal. But it's all about budget too so look up your options 😎👌

2: Always best to call the guys local to you, have a chat and a feel for their knowledge. Their are some amazing detailers out there who aren't listed here often but are in the trade a long time. Call them, have a chat and see who your comfy with. Those trying to ram the top job down your neck are more concerned about what they want you to spend rather than what you need and can afford. So take your time, make a few calls and dont rush into the first guy who is giving you a deal or the "best In the industry". Because your only as good as your last job.

As the saying goes : "if the shoe fits".

Hope this helps ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gendry

Congratulations if youve just purchased a brand new car, but never make the mistake of paying premium prices for paint protection from the car dealership. Beest to take that to a professional car detailer who will use a longer lasting and higher quality ceramic coating for much less of the price charged by dealers

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Anyone able to recommend a good detailer in Cork / Kerry? Looking to remove a few tiny scuffs on mirrors etc and bring up the colour of the white to new again. Just not the same when its dull :(

• Advertisement

Signpost wrote: »
    Anyone able to recommend a good detailer in Cork / Kerry? Looking to remove a few tiny scuffs on mirrors etc and bring up the colour of the white to new again. Just not the same when its dull :(

D&D Cork
    James / MXValeting. Limerick ( Mobile unit as well )

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Thanks, MXValeting look pretty good on the website, must give him a shout on Monday. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

Anyone heard / used https://platinumvaletingdublin.com/#/ prices seem very reasonable / good value?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Anyone heard / used https://platinumvaletingdublin.com/#/ prices seem very reasonable / good value?

Never used them but if your looking for somewhere decent in Dublin I'd recommend 5 Star Auto Valet in Baldoyle. The only place im willing to let wash my car these days. Little more expensive then other places but they put the effort in. And you can also use their app to book your car in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Never used them but if your looking for somewhere decent in Dublin I'd recommend 5 Star Auto Valet in Baldoyle. The only place im willing to let wash my car these days. Little more expensive then other places but they put the effort in. And you can also use their app to book your car in.

I used them a few times and found them overrated to say the least. I find Posh Car Wash in Windy Arbour do a far better job, and way cheaper to boot, plus you don't have to book, although if you try going after 10 am it will be full up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I used them a few times and found them overrated to say the least. I find Posh Car Wash in Windy Arbour do a far better job, and way cheaper to boot, plus you don't have to book, although if you try going after 10 am it will be full up.

I've being impressed every time I've used them tbh, I know 25 sounds steep for a wash and to some folk it understandably is a lot of money but for the job they do compared to the usual €8 foreigner ran places it's worth it if you like your car to look well. However if I owned a banger id just stick to the cheaper places though.

My main reason for using them as well is because they dry the car properly with a air blower and towel as opposed to a squeegee and chamois which I can't stand. The booking thing suits me personally, I remember what it was like before the app and you could easily be waiting a half hour in the Q.

Id check the Windy Arbour place out if it was closer to me but Dundrum direction would be too much of a trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Well I've certainly never shied away from spending money on the car, and I know the €25 5 star charge is a lot cheaper than some detailing places.

Thing is, the car is always shining after Posh Wash are finished with it, any place else I've tried in Dublin I find there will be some part of the car that's still dirty or not cleaned to my standards.

I got the car washed and the interior cleaned before Christmas for me and it was spotless, only cost €30 which was an absolute bargain, I obviously gave them more than that because I was so pleased. Trust me, I'm very OCD about my car!

I get what you're saying about the bookings alright and sometimes I do get 5 star to do it for that reason, depending on what I'm doing it's a blessing and a curse. But to be honest, I've always been a bit disappointed by how the car has turned out after going to 5 star, one time the carpet on bootlid was soaking wet for example, I initially thought the car had developed a leak until I realised that it was bone dry after a night of heavy rain a few days later.

D&D in Cork always turned the car out immaculately any time I used them, and are worth every last cent, but of a trek for a car wash, though :pac:!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I've being impressed every time I've used them tbh, I know 25 sounds steep for a wash and to some folk it understandably is a lot of money but for the job they do compared to the usual €8 foreigner ran places it's worth it if you like your car to look well. However if I owned a banger id just stick to the cheaper places though.

My main reason for using them as well is because they dry the car properly with a air blower and towel as opposed to a squeegee and chamois which I can't stand. The booking thing suits me personally, I remember what it was like before the app and you could easily be waiting a half hour in the Q.

Id check the Windy Arbour place out if it was closer to me but Dundrum direction would be too much of a trek.

Not really sure what this has to do with anything?

Anyway, +1 for 5 Star Auto Valet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭sk8board

Any recommendations for multi-year ceramic and stage 1 correction
    in north county Dublin? (in addition to flawless).
    Car had 3 year ceramic added when new, and it lasted brilliantly.
    Tks

sk8board wrote: »
    Tks

Give Brian a ring at Spirit detailing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Tks

Big thumbs up for Brian in Spirit.

If willing to travel, you also have Murphy Car Craft in Louth, Dave in 5 Star Valeting, JC Autocare, CM Automotive Detailing(Cavan). All do excellent work.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Hey, does anyone have any recommendations for a detailer in north wicklow, South Dublin (as far as Sandyford) to do a quick valet before Friday? I'm swamped under this week otherwise I'd do myself but looking to have the car spotless for going on holidays.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Tks

Try The Car Spa , Close to Dublin Airport . Getting very good reviews ..

https://www.facebook.com/thecarspadublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

My wife's car is in need of a good valeting and I was wondering if anyone could recommend someone in the Galway city area? Someone who likes a challenge:)

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Not city but might be worth the drive

There is a Brazilian guy in derrydonnell filling station out past Oranmore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

Thanks, I don't mind travelling a bit outside the city:)

FB Auto Detailing in Lisbon Industrial Estate is top tier when it comes to car care work here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have used Cool Waves in Liosban Industrial Estate several times and like them.
    Prices etc https://coolwavescarwash.ie/

It really boils down to what you're willing to spend, check with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Big thumbs up for Brian in Spirit.

On recommendation from this thread I contacted spirit for an overall paint detailing job. Unfortunately it seems he's gone out of business permanently. Can you people recommend anyone else in the Dublin area please. White car with great original paint, a couple of the panels have dulled a bit over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

On recommendation from this thread I contacted spirit for an overall paint detailing job. Unfortunately it seems he's gone out of business permanently. Can you people recommend anyone else in the Dublin area please. White car with great original paint, a couple of the panels have dulled a bit over the years.

Yes it was on here and his Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Yes but can you recommend another?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yes but can you recommend another?

Larry kehoe in Wexford and D&D in cork have come up. I haven't used myself but others mentioned as very good.... Foxhole Norman is at the cork one and from what's posted, very good afwhat they do.

Yes, unfortunately Brian has decided to step away from the industry since that post.

Not sure of how far you are willing to travel but you have Flawless Detailing in Drogheda, FiveStar Valeting in Tullow, JC Autocare in Skerries, Platinum Detailing Dublin, Detailing Guys in Dun Laoghaire, Murphy Car Craft in Dundalk, Cleaner Car in New Ross.

There's many others, but there is a few to search up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jonwang

I won a free circle K car wash and the coupon expires in 5 hours, free to anyone who wants it who can use it. Send the circle K that you will use it in and I'll send the code to you
    email me skskennelly@gmail.com if you want it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭medic112

Have a look at OCD in Offaly, serious detailing workshop. 4 colleges in work have had full details & we use the ADBL products. Great for advice & showing how to use the product you buy also.

https://ocddetailing.ie/detailing-services-pm-23.html

https://www.facebook.com/ocdferbane/

Advertisement