Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wuhan water party

• 18-08-2020 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0818/1159804-coronavirus-wuhan/

I mean WTF like. They really don't give a hoot about public health. They haven't "recorded" any Covid cases since May my arse. Not only was it a music festival but it was held in a wet environment also where we know the virus can spreads rapidly.

Is anyone else's stomach a little turned by this? My main issue is I don't for one second trust or believe the figures the Chinese are releasing and how they say they have controlled and eradicated the virus in Wuhan. I call BS on that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0818/1159804-coronavirus-wuhan/

I mean WTF like. They really don't give a hoot about public health. They haven't "recorded" any Covid cases since May my arse. Not only was it a music festival but it was held in a wet environment also where we know the virus can spreads rapidly.

Is anyone else's stomach a little turned by this? My main issue is I don't for one second trust or believe the figures the Chinese are releasing and how they say they have controlled and eradicated the virus in Wuhan. I call BS on that.

What do you think their opinion is of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Looks basically the same as what happened in Kilkee, more or less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Onesea wrote: »

I'm not sure. I mean we didn't empower the virus did we? In Wuhan wet market practices are disgusting and indeed played a part in the growth and spread of this. The Chinese kept it quiet for as long as possible also.

What do you think their opinion is of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

I'm not sure. I mean we didn't empower the virus did we? In Wuhan wet market practices are disgusting and indeed played a part in the growth and spread of this. The Chinese kept it quiet for as long as possible also.

What do you think their opinion is of us?

Weak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

posted that yesterday... looks like they're having some Communist party assigned fun.. or else!

Anyways, what do they care they have the Vaccine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Whatever about COVID, the urine levels in that water must be off the charts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

There is no story here, there is no evidence that COVID spreads in swimming pools and did you see their lockdown? Doors welded shut on apartment blocks, no one in or out of cities and everyone masked up. Our lockdown was pale in comparison with open travel across the country and airports still open and debating isolation rules or masks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

krissovo wrote: »
    There is no story here, there is no evidence that COVID spreads in swimming pools and did you see their lockdown? Doors welded shut on apartment blocks, no one in or out of cities and everyone masked up. Our lockdown was pale in comparison with open travel across the country and airports still open and debating isolation rules or masks.

Human rights.

Ok no story there. No story in Berlin D2 either so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Ok so just an excuse to stir up hate for the Chinese

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Nah. Its perception, compassion and empathy. Most of the world is ****ed because of their barbaric food hygiene laws. Show a bit of restraint and cop on lads. Keep the pool parties closed until 2021.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

You see i can't abide with this rubbish.

Pointing out stuff isn't hate.

Just because they aren't white anglo saxons doesn't mean they aren't above criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

China needs to be pushed out and we need to be less reliant on it for products to be honest.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

China needs to be pushed out and we need to be less reliant on it for products to be honest.....

They are taking the piss now

Probably vaccinated them all in secret when they tested 9 million Wuhan residents, who know's

• Registered Users Posts: 15,719 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Whatever about COVID, the urine levels in that water must be off the charts!

More wee than water. Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

More wee than water. Yikes.

You do know the Yellow River is in China? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There is no story here, there is no evidence that COVID spreads in swimming pools

Chatting to a man this morning his grandaughter is on some national team here and there still training, not allowed use the showers, can't swim on their backs as they don't want them breathing the air they need to keep their face in the water as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Onesea wrote: »

Government probably thinks the West has alot of arrogant fools who believe if they close their eyes to it and just wish hard enough, a problem will 'disappear' (as the Leader of the Free World instructs us).

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭cuculainn

can't swim on their backs as they don't want them breathing the air they need to keep their face in the water as much as possible.

WTF....do air intake requirements change based on the stroke? Or do you not just take in the same volume of air in less breaths when doing front crawl?????

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

CCP
    Nothing to see here, business as usual

These guys do not want to lose face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQaNdTKQyLY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I don't care about their parties etc.

But I am salivating at the prospect of seeing their true numbers in about 10 years, when they eventually leak out.

I still don't believe even their draconian measures would have worked. I think it's much more likely that more people died but were reported to have died of other illnesses. Or in fact not reported at all. Don't they have invisible citizens, not registered anywhere officially? And what about the impoverished rural communities, not one instance of transmission? I just cannot believe any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The Nal wrote: »
    Nah. Its perception, compassion and empathy. Most of the world is ****ed because of their barbaric food hygiene laws. Show a bit of restraint and cop on lads. Keep the pool parties closed until 2021.

So they should stay inside because people half way across the world need to stay inside?

Time to turn the internet off for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

There hasnt been one case of a resurgence in a place which was hard hit by the virus. New York City is below 1% test positivity for weeks now for example. Wuhan would have had even more cases and deaths than there, I'd say they're well done with covid by now. Its burned out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

The same people who have our world in the crapper.
    And we keep buying from them:) will we ever learn?

Advertisement