Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wrong year car at auction

• 10-08-2020 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

I bought a car described as a 1958 at one of the more reputable auction houses in uk.. Car was advertised as a 58, but is a 60 Due to covid i did not travel to inspect.. I have bought lots of vehicles unseen this is the most disappointing . They are covered on condition of vehicle but say it was up to me to check year as they are resellers .. Anybody have any issues like this or have suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

I've no particular suggestions, but is the 1960 version of the car you bought worth a lot less than a '58 one? (less rare, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

Not really , but i would have liked to enter in pre 60's events .and they are well covered on the other issues with the car .. i now have it driving and stopping , but was supposed to be restored .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I dont think you will ever see any ad for a classic that does not say its been "restored", which
    is a relative term.....but relative to what?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Exodus 1811

kadman wrote: »
    I dont think you will ever see any ad for a classic that does not say its been "restored", which
    is a relative term.....but relative to what?

Amen!

Strange, I thought a chassis number would be submitted and checked especially if it's a reputable auction house?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

Amen!

Strange, I thought a chassis number would be submitted and checked especially if it's a reputable auction house?
    They must not have checked .. neither did i. I Trusted their catalogue

• Advertisement
Advertisement