Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

26th June according to this thread, Robertson was leaked first looks like.

Game went live on the 27th.

9th August was the first game back. Roughly 6 weeks or so?

Presumably if theyre planning on doing that again we might see some soon. Be nice if they started with Liverpool defence or United attack! If they release a player that was a forward as a mid things will definitely liven up with speculation and people's plans for 5 forwards in midfield!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

I recently did a interview with fantasy football scout on winning sky fantasy football. Will be live Thursday/Friday.

Will post on here once live.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

I recently did a interview with fantasy football scout on winning sky fantasy football. Will be live Thursday/Friday.

Will post on here once live.

...Any clues as to who or what year?... I remember a few years ago a link went up to someone's blog...His weekly planning and thinking was unreal, wish I had followed his blog more...

...Any clues as to who or what year?... I remember a few years ago a link went up to someone's blog...His weekly planning and thinking was unreal, wish I had followed his blog more...

They stopped doing the blogs as it would be to easy for someone just to copy they team and plans and end up in top 100 by doing no work.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

It was him !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 FPL_Junior

Fixtures look like they’re going to be released around the 20th so that should be when FPL goes live again you’d imagine.

Sky game set to go live at the end of the month. Sky launches earlier than FPL in a normal season but I don’t think that’ll be the case this year.

I know there’s discussion on a different thread about pots collected and due to be paid out.

Regardless of what happens there (or has happened previously here or on other sites) is it time to try and put some measures in place for the people collecting monies and holding them for 10 months ?

Could we ask the person collecting monies to provide name and address to a forum moderator and then in case of non payment we have somewhere to start ?

Any better suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I actually just posted something similar in that thread.

More and more paid leagues are popping up every year and unfortunately it was inevitable that this would happen some day.

You have regulars here running leagues for many years without issue but this stuff puts people off joining.

I think everyone has all the personal details they need through PayPal records not sure how it looks on a sender's report but when I close the league I run, i generate the PayPal statement and I then have everyone name, email and phone number comes up to if you ever need it.

So if he entered any paid league, on the forum, then his number should be handy to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I know there’s discussion on a different thread about pots collected and due to be paid out.

Regardless of what happens there (or has happened previously here or on other sites) is it time to try and put some measures in place for the people collecting monies and holding them for 10 months ?

Could we ask the person collecting monies to provide name and address to a forum moderator and then in case of non payment we have somewhere to start ?

Any better suggestions ?

Stick to the official Boards 50 euro league - I’ve run it for 10 plus years, never longer than 4 days to settle up fully and that was when I was away on holiday.

A lot of leagues are based on trust, but you need to have an element of comfort through reputation as opposed to trusting a random username.

If anyone does rip people off they should be hunted down by boards vigilantes!

• Advertisement

Stick to the official Boards 50 euro league - I’ve run it for 10 plus years, never longer than 4 days to settle up fully and that was when I was away on holiday.

A lot of leagues are based on trust, but you need to have an element of comfort through reputation as opposed to trusting a random username.

If anyone does rip people off they should be hunted down by boards vigilantes!

Plenty of trustworthy leagues here CSF has some, we have the league Zarquon started and that Lemlin and i kept going many more also.

Just checked my league and he didnt join can anyone else who ran a league check if The Whole Year Inn was a member

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Can only speak for myself(I'd guess FG would be the same), but I won't be taking anyone's details wrt pay leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Did anyone enter that league via Revolut? I'm thinking it probably wasn't as popular an option then.

It sickens me that someone would do this, it's a disgraceful stunt to pull.

I understand that attacking someone on LinkedIn isn't the way to go, but, if he has a career in an industry where trust and ethics are imperative, then you could argue his employers have a right to know. I think if it was me waiting for a prize I'd be all over it but then I have my principles around this sort of thing having been stung many years ago :)

There could always be a genuine reason for this. A lot of people jumped to conclusions a cpuple of years ago and that obviously had a much sadder outcome. Hopefully there's no repeat of that but there could be a genuine reason as to why they've not paid out or been in contact with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Outside of the few members awaiting payment I'm not sure there is such a need for all others joining in on a witch hunt. It looks bad but going solely off activity on this site doesn't give you much of an insight into real life or circumstances. The account in question would have been quite an active member in this forum and been here quite a while not as if it's a new account that seen a chance to make a quick payday.

It does open the argument of placing trust in a relative stranger to run these leagues but I really dont see a way around that obviously there is some well run leagues on here and it's just a reputation thing at this stage

Like I said it affects me 0 as I wasnt in the league so I dont feel like I should be jumping on the bandwagon either way as some others have

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

jimmii wrote: »
    There could always be a genuine reason for this. A lot of people jumped to conclusions a cpuple of years ago and that obviously had a much sadder outcome. Hopefully there's no repeat of that but there could be a genuine reason as to why they've not paid out or been in contact with people.

Exactly, it's not a business, it's just a random guy doing this don't forget. Yes, it's a bit sh1tty not being paid out on time, but he could have a million other things going on in his life outside of Boards. I'd say give it another week or two before escalating it. 6k posts on boards and he did reply to the thread, so I'd be giving him the benefit of doubt, for now. Hopefully everyone gets sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Exactly, it's not a business, it's just a random guy doing this don't forget. Yes, it's a bit sh1tty not being paid out on time, but he could have a million other things going on in his life outside of Boards. I'd say give it another week or two before escalating it. 6k posts on boards and he did reply to the thread, so I'd be giving him the benefit of doubt, for now. Hopefully everyone gets sorted!

Can see where you guys are coming from but I personally find it hard to believe. I believe there was a league 2 years ago and the exact same thing happend.

Person posted on 27/07 saying the winners will be contacted shortly
    Person then posted on 05/08 saying how he would like for them to be paid and the winners would receive a PM. I don't think anyone received a PM. So rather than PMing the winners there was just a public post which made no sense.

Albeit the poster could have other things going on in his life. But if you have time to post to say how things will go, you have time to PM the winner for payment details. As another poster said he's already been online since.

Perhaps he's waiting for his monthly pay to come in to repay what he borrowed. This seems the most likely case I think but completely unacceptable especially as their was no communication.

I ran the OddsOnFPL paid league here 2 years ago and everybody got paid so if people are looking for another paid league and there's interest I can set it up again.

Its really not like two years ago I hope. At that time we did hear from them a couple of times early on and then a couple of months later a relative got in touch to say what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Person posted on 27/07 saying the winners will be contacted shortly
    Person then posted on 05/08 saying how he would like for them to be paid and the winners would receive a PM. I don't think anyone received a PM. So rather than PMing the winners there was just a public post which made no sense.

Albeit the poster could have other things going on in his life. But if you have time to post to say how things will go, you have time to PM the winner for payment details. As another poster said he's already been online since.

Perhaps he's waiting for his monthly pay to come in to repay what he borrowed. This seems the most likely case I think but completely unacceptable especially as their was no communication.

This is the issue I have with him. If he had posted nothing I would have given him more respect but I agree that he has probably spent the money. Anyway even though I'm owed money I'd prefer no witch hunt, let's see if he pays up by the end of the month.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    This is the issue I have with him. If he had posted nothing I would have given him more respect but I agree that he has probably spent the money. Anyway even though I'm owed money I'd prefer no witch hunt, let's see if he pays up by the end of the month.

If it was a wait until payday sittuation you would think they would try make up some story to explain it in the short term and then just settle up as early as possible. Hopefully they're just not thinking straight and will come on and explain what's going on soon. What sort of figure is it? Is it an amount someone will realistically be able to take out of a regular pay amount?

• Advertisement

kilburn wrote: »
    Plenty of trustworthy leagues here CSF has some, we have the league Zarquon started and that Lemlin and i kept going many more also.

Just checked my league and he didnt join can anyone else who ran a league check if The Whole Year Inn was a member

your inbox is full just so you know!

jimmii wrote:
    your inbox is full just so you know!

Thanks fixed that now !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

If it was a wait until payday sittuation you would think they would try make up some story to explain it in the short term and then just settle up as early as possible. Hopefully they're just not thinking straight and will come on and explain what's going on soon. What sort of figure is it? Is it an amount someone will realistically be able to take out of a regular pay amount?

It's around 500-600 Euro in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

The Sky Fantasy Football trophy is huge. And you really look like Jordan Henderson!

:pac:

Its really not like two years ago I hope. At that time we did hear from them a couple of times early on and then a couple of months later a relative got in touch to say what happened.

You're thinking of a different one to me

You're thinking of a different one to me

Jeez didn't know we had two others recently! It definitely should be looked at. Maybe some sort of escrow system where more than just one person has access in case one person is unavailable for any reason.

Jeez didn't know we had two others recently! It definitely should be looked at. Maybe some sort of escrow system where more than just one person has access in case one person is unavailable for any reason.

I believe so. The one I was in was a completely different person iirc. I didn't win or anything but remember being in the league.

I wasn't in the league you're referring to. I actually thought that was longer than 2 years ago?

I believe so. The one I was in was a completely different person iirc. I didn't win or anything but remember being in the league.

I wasn't in the league you're referring to. I actually thought that was longer than 2 years ago?

Have PMs rating to it that are listed as "2 years ago" so maybe have been 3 or 4 seasons ago as it was a while until we heard what happened. Definitely doesn't feel that long ago!

• Advertisement

Have PMs rating to it that are listed as "2 years ago" so maybe have been 3 or 4 seasons ago as it was a while until we heard what happened. Definitely doesn't feel that long ago!

That sounds about right as I remember hearing about it but not knowing the person as I only became a regular poster in this forum 2-3 years ago

Advertisement