Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

does the Heuston station building close at night and ?d open in the morning?

Options
  • 11-08-2020 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I am leaving on an early train and going out late. I don't trust myself to get up after only an hour or 2 of sleep so I figured I'd head right toward the station shortly after I'm done for the night out. Does anyone know if the doors to the station are open? I am aware of the front desk opening time (6:30am) but I don't know about the building itself. thanks everyone

Sorry for the typo in the title

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Building is locked up. Would effectively be an unofficial homeless shelter otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

L1011 wrote: »
    Building is locked up. Would effectively be an unofficial homeless shelter otherwise

And it is security monitored so anybody that's hanging around there and who are obviously not staff will be moved on.

OP, the first train out leaves at 6:25AM so the earliest you will be allowed in will be after 6. Better off to adult up and just not go on the razz this once if you need an early train.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Going to be hard to stay out late with pubs all closing at 11 too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

you could go to slatterys early house pub on caple street first and have a scoop

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

you could go to slatterys early house pub on caple street first and have a scoop
    It opens at 7, by which time Heuston will already be open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 preakfas

Really great info thank you guys so much for replying, Now I know don't go to the station before 6.

I am sad to hear pubs are closing at 11, I didn't account for that.

Advertisement