Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards GS Outing - Gowran Park GC - 29th August, NB 11.10 first tee time

• 08-08-2020 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭

As mentioned in the other thread, Portarlington is out due to the 3 county lockdown.

After some rushed phone calls this morning to try find an alternative, I've gotten us a booking. Was tricky given the timing. Coincidentally the best date I could get was the 29th, which should also allow, assuming things settle down, all of our members to get there.

So, it's back, after a couple of years away to Gowran. A course set in with a race course, and the site of my first ever Boards win, if my memory serves me correctly.

A great society golf course, which will test your game but reward good golf well (https://gowranpark.ie/golfing/)

Cost for the day will remain the same as Portarlington at 35+2 with Revolut used for payment where possible.

Apologies for the late change and hopefully the outing suits everyone.

We've space for 33 golfers, out in 3 balls, so hopefully pace flows well.

Mods, appreciate if you could sticky this

8th-1024x1024.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Space i pm,d you last night with an idea for an alternative for next Saturday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fair play for arranging a new venue so soon Space. I doubt this was what you had in mind when you took over this year.

I can actually play in this one, so i'm extremely selfishly happy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Space i pm,d you last night with an idea for an alternative for next Saturday

Never got any message Kingswood. Think we'll stick with 29th as itll allow our members currently in the 3 counties to also attend

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Fantastic work space, didn’t think you had a chance ðŸ‘
    And what a result, Gowran park is a gorgeous course, will pleasantly surprise anyone who hasn’t played it before

• Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Raging to miss an event but can’t make this as it clashes with club captains prize

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snackbox20

Thanks a million Space for the work you are doing and getting another outing at short notice.
    Heard great things about Gowran Park, tough track.
    Looking forward to it.

Never got any message Kingswood. Think we'll stick with 29th as itll allow our members currently in the 3 counties to also attend
    Not sure why its in my sent box no worries you got sorted fair play

Kiith wrote: »
    I doubt this was what you had in mind when you took over this year

You can say that again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Can't play in this one unfortunately as it's my anniversary and my mother's birthday and had prior arrangements made, Enjoy the day on a very good and very underrated golf course

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

At last, a Boards venue I haven't played, looking forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Thanks captain for the hard work and find an alternative to the cancelled outing. Just accepted in Teamer

Hi All,

just an update, that we're currently at 30 accepted for the event. We have slots for 33, so if you're planning on making the trip, it might be advisable for you to accept ASAP.

Also, we're already late in to the day teeing off, but if people have preferences on tee time, please post them in here and I'll try my best to accommodate.

I won't post the actual timesheet till closer to the date.

Hi space earlier the better please hopefully Kildare will be out of lockdown by then so that Kildare based boardsies can participate

Hi space earlier the better please hopefully Kildare will be out of lockdown by then so that Kildare based boardsies can participate

Hopefully so Kingswood. No problem re tee slot, will get you booked in early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Space if possible can I have a mid to late tee time. And hopefully laois will be out of lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭benny79

Well done on getting a venue and a top one at that! Its not a easy year at all for you Space :) Could I get an early tee time for this if possible Captain.

benny79 wrote: »
    Well done on getting a venue and a top one at that! Its not a easy year at all for you Space :) Could I get an early tee time for this if possible Captain.

No problem. Accept there on Teamer will ya Benny, didn't have you on the list as you hadnt responded.

Generally All, there are a few non responses from some regulars, if you accepted Portarlington, but haven't accepted this one, you're not included on the list currently, as there was a separate Teamer invite sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

It becoming clearer that I won't be able to make this one :( Cancelled on teamer just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭benny79

No problem. Accept there on Teamer will ya Benny, didn't have you on the list as you hadnt responded.

Generally All, there are a few non responses from some regulars, if you accepted Portarlington, but haven't accepted this one, you're not included on the list currently, as there was a separate Teamer invite sent

**** Taught I already had! done.. sorry.

RoadRunner wrote: »
    It becoming clearer that I won't be able to make this one :( Cancelled on teamer just now.

Sorry to hear it roadrunner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Sorry to hear it roadrunner

Can I be put on the waiting list ?

I just accepted - was thinking in a moment of Covid confusion I was in Donegal.

Can I be put on the waiting list ?

I just accepted - was thinking in a moment of Covid confusion I was in Donegal.

We're not full yet Fix, so will put you in a slot at the moment as accepted. If you cant make it, let me know asap and we'll work with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Macker1

Hi Captain,

Would appreciate a early tee time for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Break80

Hi Space.
    I dont know if i accepted or not for this one.
    Its after been moved so many times.
    If i am not accepted please put me on the timesheet if there's room.
    Thanks.

Break80 wrote: »
    Hi Space.
    I dont know if i accepted or not for this one.
    Its after been moved so many times.
    If i am not accepted please put me on the timesheet if there's room.
    Thanks.

You were already in Break80

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

You were already in Break80

Immediate DQ for entering the comp twice? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,079 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Any room for a late entry? Asking for a friend, recently got out of an agriculture gig!

Hi Space have to decline now due to Kildare getting another 2 weeks in the can with no unnecessary travel outside the county i would love to go but we need to show those oireacthas GS muppets some leadership. Apologies again.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

Hi Space have to decline now due to Kildare getting another 2 weeks in the can with no unnecessary travel outside the county i would love to go but we need to show those oireacthas GS muppets some leadership. Apologies again.
    In the same boat - I'll take name off teamer now.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, it's a disaster alright. Hopefully back to normal by next month

Advertisement