Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastmount Delgany

• 09-06-2020 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi
    I am trying to find out about the new housing development, Eastmount in Delgany. Thinking of buying there. Has anyone else bought? Or is anyone else interested in the development? Is it a nice area to live? I’m not from the area so looking for any information I can find. Thanks

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Lovely area. Nice looking houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

Coffeycups wrote: »
    Hi
    I am trying to find out about the new housing development, Eastmount in Delgany. Thinking of buying there. Has anyone else bought? Or is anyone else interested in the development? Is it a nice area to live? I’m not from the area so looking for any information I can find. Thanks

Show homes on view 4th July got an invite. We interested. But price high for location

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

dshakey wrote: »
    Show homes on view 4th July got an invite. We interested. But price high for location

How much are these going for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

495k I think for 3 bed. Not sure on the 4 bed. Pricey!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Coffeycups

495k I think for 3 bed. Not sure on the 4 bed. Pricey!

I think the launch this weekend is for the 4 beds, at least that’s what the Irish Times article I read seems to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

I think the launch this weekend is for the 4 beds, at least that’s what the Irish Times article I read seems to say

Yeah all 3 beds sold already in this phase, although it looks like there were very few built. Mostly looks like different 4 bed variants on the plans

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Any feedback from these houses? Pros/Cons....?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭tomgaa

Anyone purchase here yet?

Looking at this development on Daft - Phase 2 launching 15th August (Phase 1 had only launched July 4th).

Some houses + €10K since Phase 1 launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 o2bearebel

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Looking at this development on Daft - Phase 2 launching 15th August (Phase 1 had only launched July 4th).

Some houses + €10K since Phase 1 launch.

3 beds were 485k earlier this year. Now 500k. Sickening increase. Not sure if it's driven by greed or market!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 kendalbren

We bought a 3 bed in phase one here. We’re due to do snagging in a few weeks. There were supposed to be six available at launch but there were actually only three available as the developer had bought two and one is a show house.

The finish on the houses is top class and the fact that all the houses back onto East Hall and aren’t overlooked was a big factor for us. And the three beds are all doubles so no pokey box rooms. We love the area too. Looks like there are only 4 beds left in phase one now.

It’d be good to hear from anyone else who’s bought or is thinking of buying in phase one.

Hi
    We bought a house phase one also. Were hoping to close the sale in the next few weeks. Finger crossed. We’re looking at floor options this week.

I think someone was looking for pros/cons of the houses.

Pros: A big plus is the area, on one side you can you can see the sea and the other side is mountains & forest. It’s set amongst mature trees. You can smell the eucalyptus trees from East Hall. The mature trees and setting is often something you don’t get in new housing developments.

The utility room off the kitchen has a door out to the back. That was a real bonus for us - very handy when you’ve small kids with mucky boots & a buggy etc.
    There is a green area in the front of the house, rather than feeling enclosed with neighbours directly opposite us. One factor when choosing a house for me was to have a window in the bathroom & en-suite. I think it’s important for natural light & to get rid of moisture. I also love the finish. I love the windows, the grey outside & white inside. The kitchens are generously proportioned. The islands are massive, well placed and have a sink on them. There’s lots of counter space and cupboard space. Plus there are lovely doors out to the garden and a separate window in the kitchen which gives a lovely amount of natural light coming into the kitchen. Again not something I’ve seen in most new housing developments. Finally, there aren’t that many houses in the development. So it won’t feel like a concrete jungle. The setting has character and charm you don’t get in most new housing developments.

Cons: The attics aren’t convertible. But that said the houses are so well spaced out that I can’t see us needing to convert it. But it would have been handy.

Really looking forward to seeing finished the development and moving in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

o2bearebel wrote: »
    3 beds were 485k earlier this year. Now 500k. Sickening increase. Not sure if it's driven by greed or market!

yeah i noticed that too. they were €485K originally. €500K for a 3 bed outside of Dublin just doesn't sit well with me.

Hi
    We bought a house phase one also. Were hoping to close the sale in the next few weeks. Finger crossed. We’re looking at floor options this week.

Pros: A big plus is the area, on one side you can you can see the sea and the other side is mountains & forest. It’s set amongst mature trees. You can smell the eucalyptus trees from East Hall. The mature trees and setting is often something you don’t get in new housing developments.

The utility room off the kitchen has a door out to the back. That was a real bonus for us - very handy when you’ve small kids with mucky boots & a buggy etc.
    There is a green area in the front of the house, rather than feeling enclosed with neighbours directly opposite us. One factor when choosing a house for me was to have a window in the bathroom & en-suite. I think it’s important for natural light & to get rid of moisture. I also love the finish. I love the windows, the grey outside & white inside. The kitchens are generously proportioned. The islands are massive, well placed and have a sink on them. There’s lots of counter space and cupboard space. Plus there are lovely doors out to the garden and a separate window in the kitchen which gives a lovely amount of natural light coming into the kitchen. Again not something I’ve seen in most new housing developments. Finally, there aren’t that many houses in the development. So it won’t feel like a concrete jungle. The setting has character and charm you don’t get in most new housing developments.

Cons: The attics aren’t convertible. But that said the houses are so well spaced out that I can’t see us needing to convert it. But it would have been handy.

Hi,

Totally agree with everything you’ve written there. Have you done your snagging already? How did that go? Did you get an idea of timelines between snagging and completion dates? Just curious as we’re doing our snagging on August 25th.

kendalbren wrote: »
    Hi,

Totally agree with everything you’ve written there. Have you done your snagging already? How did that go? Did you get an idea of timelines between snagging and completion dates? Just curious as we’re doing our snagging on August 25th.

We are snagging next week. Fingers crossed everything is straight forward enough. We haven’t been told specific timelines yet, originally it was supposed to be snagging for the end of July for completion end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Downloaded

Hi

Hi,

You say that the attics aren't convertible - Why is this? With the high pitch / height of the roof, I would have thought that this was possible, subject to statutory approval of course? We are also interested in this estate.

Bawnboylad wrote: »
    Hi,

You say that the attics aren't convertible - Why is this? With the high pitch / height of the roof, I would have thought that this was possible, subject to statutory approval of course? We are also interested in this estate.

When we were looking at the show house the estate agent said the attics weren’t convertible. But I can check this with the developers. It would be great if they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Downloaded

When we were looking at the show house the estate agent said the attics weren’t convertible. But I can check this with the developers. It would be great if they were.

Yes agreed - I would image that the roof truss is pre-fabricated ( /W\ type - as opposed to a cut roof) which would mean that it is not immediately convertible so to speak - however they can be changed out by adding in steel beams to transfer the loads to the best of my knowledge and research!
    It would be very invasive and expensive, but not impossible in my view - Its something we've been considering as a future option if we were to purchase in Eastmount - Would be interested to hear from the developers / builders on this, as opposed to an agents! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Just bought here in the last year. Delighted with the house. Big rooms with plenty of space in them. Like the area too. Some nice neighbours but unfortunately also some really rough sorts living in the estate.

Just bought here in the last year. Delighted with the house. Big rooms with plenty of space in them. Like the area too. Some nice neighbours but unfortunately also some really rough sorts living in the estate.

Hi are talking about the same place? No ones moved into the estate. The houses aren’t finished yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 JuJu2020

I have reserved a house here this weekend. Would love to hear more thoughts. Especially the pros as the houses are not cheap!! Also do you think the tall trees in East Hall will create a shade problem at all?

JuJu2020 wrote: »
    I have reserved a house here this weekend. Would love to hear more thoughts. Especially the pros as the houses are not cheap!! Also do you think the tall trees in East Hall will create a shade problem at all?

Hi, that’s great you reserved a house. Congrats! We love loads of things about Eastmount. The area is really nice, the houses aren’t overlooked at all (which is rare is a new build) and the rooms are really spacious. The finish of the houses seems great too which you don’t always get in new builds. Our house is at the bottom of the road and has a tree directly behind our garden so we’ll have to see if it causes problems with shade. Definitely not enough to put us off though.

We’ve set up a WhatsApp group so other people that have bought can join in time and have a chat about things. There’s only me and my partner and Coffeycups and her husband at the moment but if you want to PM either of us with your number we can add you to that if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JuJu2020

Oh that's so kind, thank you. If we do buy, I will be straight on to you. If there is anything else you love about the houses and location, please post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭StevenToast

What is the story with social housing?

Who has got a free house in there?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 40 runtastic

hi, I am contemplating between Eastmount (3 bed at 120 sqmts) and Churchlands (3 bed at 115 sqmts with attic), inclined towards latter due to non-convertible attic in Eastmount. can anyone share more information about these two estate builders? thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kniq127

Same here. Would anybody now why Eastmount 3bed is 500k and Churchlands 3bed+attic is 485k? Almost the same location. Eastmount will be located on the main road, Churchlands a bit further off the road. If anything you would price them the other way round. Any ideas?

• Administrators Posts: 53,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Kniq127 wrote: »
    Same here. Would anybody now why Eastmount 3bed is 500k and Churchlands 3bed+attic is 485k? Almost the same location. Eastmount will be located on the main road, Churchlands a bit further off the road. If anything you would price them the other way round. Any ideas?

Answered you in the other forum but I think:

1. Eastmount houses are larger than the Churchlands houses, as the attic is not one of the bedrooms (but the attic is also not convertible, otherwise they'd be a lot more expensive).
    2. Eastmount has heat pumps, versus gas boilers in Churchlands (heat pumps are more expensive to install).

On the flip side, Eastmount has PVC windows which are cheaper than timber windows in Churchlands.

thanks for sharing this information. I think energy ratings speaks for itself, Churchlands has A2 energy rating and Eastmount has A3 energy rating.

runtastic wrote: »
    thanks for sharing this information. I think energy ratings speaks for itself, Churchlands has A2 energy rating and Eastmount has A3 energy rating.

Reading the Eastmount brochure, it says BER A2 in the spec.

• Advertisement

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Reading the Eastmount brochure, it says BER A2 in the spec.

my source of info was this link
    https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/eastmount-chapel-road-delgany-wicklow/4366298

Advertisement