Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to find saddle rail mount for Mossberg 500?

• 05-08-2020 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hello all,

I cant seem to find a metal version of a saddle rail mount for a 500 at least in Ireland. They appear to be "not available" on amazon/ebay. Just wondering if anyone knows someone who may be selling one.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

If you can't pick one up here try the US market and use Addresspal to ship it. I've done this with a few bits and pieces firearms parts wise, no issue.

Be aware lately I've being hit by customs duty on a few items. But if you can get it cheaply enough or can only get it over there then no foul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Did you try brownells uk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Tip from Ebay itself.;)

Contact the seller themselves on Ebay,and ask if they will ship the bit or knife,to Ireland at the advertised price,and to do the sale via paypal or whatever preferred method.
    Ebay.ie and UK have some stupid policy or alithogram that blocks knife and gun part sales to our addresses.
    So this might do as a workaround for you?
    Failing that Brownells Germany...Much better selection,and all in Euro too,and without British paranoia that the IRA are ordering parts:p

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Tip from Ebay itself.;)

Contact the seller themselves on Ebay,and ask if they will ship the bit or knife,to Ireland at the advertised price,and to do the sale via paypal or whatever preferred method.
    Ebay.ie and UK have some stupid policy or alithogram that blocks knife and gun part sales to our addresses.
    Failing that Brownells Germany...Much better selection,and all in Euro too,and without British paranoia that the IRA are ordering parts:p

Ebay take a cut out of every sale, so if you contact the seller direct, they can often undercut the price on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

https://a.aliexpress.com/_d8OEkrg
    Here's an aluminium one
    Personally I've had great luck the with "Ohhunt" stuff have mounts that are on a .22 and some other bits always decent quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Bagpipe

If you can't pick one up here try the US market and use Addresspal to ship it. I've done this with a few bits and pieces firearms parts wise, no issue.

Be aware lately I've being hit by customs duty on a few items. But if you can get it cheaply enough or can only get it over there then no foul.

I completely forgot about Addresspal! Most of the sites said USA sales only so I gave up on them :(

tudderone wrote: »
    Did you try brownells uk ?

I did but I could only find a polymer mount unless I'm very bad at searching.
    I do be preferring metal all the same ;)

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Tip from Ebay itself.;)

I didn't find many atall on Ebay and even when I did they seemed to be ridiculously expensive. Ill definitely try contacting them though :D

https://a.aliexpress.com/_d8OEkrg
    Here's an aluminium one
    Personally I've had great luck the with "Ohhunt" stuff have mounts that are on a .22 and some other bits always decent quality

Again I completely forgot about alibaba and aliexpress! Ill have a gander now;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭clivej

I put a Polymer saddle mount on my Mossberg Maverick 88 and it broke off at the front.
    My Maverick 88 has small groves along the top where a rail would fit. Luckily one grove is right in the centre.
    I drilled a tapped holes along this grove to match a picatinny rail I had. It worked out bang on, and I now use the rail with a red dot sight fitted for target comp. shooting.

Advertisement