Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Gen 5 Hot Water

• 29-07-2020 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

I've just had an A2W system installed. The ads and the manuals say it should cycle the hot water between 43 and 48 degrees.
    This one turns on the heat pump at 41.4 and turns off at 46.4. I know that doesn't sound like much of a difference but the other day I had to boil a kettle to bring the bath temperature up!
    When the technician from Joule was here on Monday to commission it I asked him to sort it out but he wasn't able to.
    Has anyone else seen this problem?
    Should I contact Joule or Samsung or just let it go?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,744 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Don't let it go. For someone who likes very hot showers, 41C is just not warm enough.

The system should be user configurable though, surely? What did the Joule technician say about why he couldn't turn these figures up? Who installed the system? They should be your point of contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭JonMac

My plumber installed the system, but he is just a plumber. Joule sell a package of their cylinder and the Samsung heat pump. As I said, I let their technician go before I realised he hadn't fixed it.
    Has anyone seen this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

I had to adjust ours up thru the commissioning menu on the unit. The procedure should be in the manual.

Mine was set at 45 deg max with a 10deg difference before the unit would engage, so water would drop to 35 before coming on.

Just be sure that whoever commissioned it didnt change the default pin or you wont be able to get into the proper commissioning menu.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭JonMac

Thanks. My control unit is defective. When set at 47 or 47.5 it works, set at 48 or 50 it doesn't. Waiting to hear from them

Advertisement