Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

joe123 wrote: »
    Ahh just spotted the FPL website is in its updating mode.

I was still to take note of league positions and manager of the months in a mini league. Is there anyway to still get that data??

Oooh! Hard to imagine it launching very soon and would be strange if it was down for long so hopefully it comes back soon so we have the chance to get that info I haven't done it yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭maximo31

Looks like it is gone. I was lucky enough not to have logged out so was able to check data.
    Maybe try accessing through the History on your device....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I was still to take note of league positions and manager of the months in a mini league. Is there anyway to still get that data??

Think there's a workaround, the data is still there it just hides the links with the new landing page.

If you log in and get the updating message you can still navigate to your team id to find the league:
    https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/123456/event/47
    (Switch 123456 for your id then check the leagues on the right)

If you know the league id you can just navigate directly there:
    https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/213026/standings/c
    (Boards free to play league)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭maximo31

If you don't have your team ID just Google your team name with Fantasy Football and you will get a link to 1 of your leagues. You can navigate to your team from here......

• Registered Users Posts: 34 FPL_Junior

Still possible at the moment

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/(Your ID)/event/47

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

PL is gonna move back to the 3 sub rule for the 20/21 season.

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceTel/status/1291343746106302464?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That and the goalkeeper encroachment becoming enforceable by VAR seem like the ones that have legitimate FPL impact to be considered/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

It's back but hasn't actually updated. Had to confirm my details but now see my final GW team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

The overall winner is after being removed for some reason and second place is now the winner apparently

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    The overall winner is after being removed for some reason and second place is now the winner apparently

Gotta be a disqualification right? This is highly controversial

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

CSF wrote: »
    Gotta be a disqualification right? This is highly controversial

Yeah second place was emailed by FPL to say he'd won.

Winner probably had a couple of teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wow
    I just realised I had not checked my final rank as I logged out and was not going to log back in

That will do . Bowing out on a high
    Still waiting for payment from Galway United too .....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

From the fpl website:

Joshua Bull has been confirmed as the overall winner of Fantasy Premier League 2019/20.

Following end-of-season checks, final standings have been updated within the game, leaving Southampton fan Joshua and his team 'The Bulldozers' top of the table.

His score of 68 in Gameweek 38+, in which he played his Wildcard, was enough to hold off the challenge of Chris McGowan’s Aúpa Atleti and Will Turner’s Martial Mata’s LP.

The team formerly occupying the No 1 position has been removed from FPL due to a breach of our terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »
    Wow
    I just realised I had not checked my final rank as I logged out and was not going to log back in

That will do . Bowing out on a high
    Still waiting for payment from Galway United too .....

Are you registering a team for next season? Just so I know if you want to take up your FSA Premier League place.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

You'd think they'd say what the terms were that were breached

manual_man wrote: »

You'd have to assume multiple teams. Interesting to see if he says anything on twitter!

Edit:

From his twitter: "This is an easy one - no, I did not try to cheat in a game I play for fun.

For more, tune in tonight, have a dayjob after all :)"

But someone posted another possible reason around something they allegedly posted online. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

There's rumours going around on Twitter that he posted racist messages towards Sterling on social media.

Incredible if true.

There's rumours going around on Twitter that he posted racist messages towards Sterling on social media.

Incredible if true.

You would have thought if he did that he would have gone quiet though. Sounds like he's going into whats happened later. I guess over there things like that are looked at quite differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

wonski wrote: »
    From the fpl website:

Joshua Bull has been confirmed as the overall winner of Fantasy Premier League 2019/20.

Following end-of-season checks, final standings have been updated within the game, leaving Southampton fan Joshua and his team 'The Bulldozers' top of the table.

His score of 68 in Gameweek 38+, in which he played his Wildcard, was enough to hold off the challenge of Chris McGowan’s Aúpa Atleti and Will Turner’s Martial Mata’s LP.

The team formerly occupying the No 1 position has been removed from FPL due to a breach of our terms.

Also from the FPL website

"Malaysian manager Uncle Ji has won the 2019/20 Fantasy Premier League Cup."

His team won it by virtual coin toss, talk about luck. - https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1409201/event/47

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

He apparantly tweeted about having multiple teams registered

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

COH wrote: »

But he won fanteam for 50k so more than likely meant that.

COH wrote: »

If you look at the thread where he said that its the other game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Should have just said he got hacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FPL disqualified him for something he said in a private Facebook group chat that was brought to their attention. He didn't explain in detail, other than intimating that it was something insulting.

I'm GUESSING there may have been a racial element. But I wish FPL would clear it up all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

It seems like there had to be a racial element

His “apology” there basically says as much but that it’s ok cause it was just amongst his friends, he wouldn’t be racist to the wider world

Seems like it relates to racism yeah.

So he's basically saying sure its OK to say these things so long as its down in private? What an idiot he's not thought this through. I'm sure most of us have football chats with our friends don't know about you but in ours there isn't a single thing that's ever been said that would get anyone kicked out of fpl. Claiming its been taken out of context but FPL have clearly got full chat transcripts from him and decided its still not right and not seeing it as being out of context and just seeing it as being wrong and wrong enough to kick him out.

Guessing the chat logs will find their way online soon enough if they haven't already.

CSF wrote: »
    Seems like it relates to racism yeah.

Or homophobic possibly? Hard to see what else would be so bad they'd kicked you out.

• Advertisement

Interesting to see what the other game does now. Presumably they'll have to say something about it.

Advertisement