Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2020 - British Grand Prix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I dozed off to sleep. Did I miss anything?

sadly not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Vettel or for a Sunday drive, too leisurely getting in the way of other drivers!!

Hoping that next week with different tyres will be a better race. Or wet weather even.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

And the same race for next weekend:mad:.

The biggest shame of all is how a vastly inferior driver is going to equal Michael's 7 World titles in a few races time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I'm in Italy and rushed back from lunch out to watch the race. Found out only Sky Sports Italia are showing it live, which I don't have. Was disappointed at first but now it seems I'm not missing much. Same old story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Ah time for the weekly theatre of Mercedes pretending to have a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

There’s some amount of grass in silverstone for cutting.
    Shout out to the grass cutters

• Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Hilarious that the commentators are talking about Hamilton struggling with blistering on his tyres while he sets another fastest lap in the background. This is an utter snoozefest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,102 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Grosjean can redeem humself by binning his car in the next lap or 2

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

HighLine wrote: »

The biggest shame of all is how a vastly inferior driver is going to equal Michael's 7 World titles in a few races time.

‘Vastly inferior driver’.

Oh cop on to yourself. Can we have one weekend without this nonsense?

Anyway. Verstappen needs to come in for softs. Make it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

10 laps to go now.

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote: »

It’s true though.

I was just thinking that. Yes, Hamilton is a great driver in that he does produce what's needed when it's needed, but most of it is down to the car. I would like to see him in a Red Bull or RP and see if he would still produce it race after race. He most likely wouldn't.

Schumacher just produced it wherever whenever however.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Red Bull will be in serious trouble for 2nd in the constructors with Albon's current performance

Racing Point don't seem to have serious race pace, but McLaren's 2 drivers being constantly in the high points will have them on their tail in no time

That's where I can see some sort of mid season switch or Horner and Helmut being more public with their pressure on Albon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I like the stripes on the grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

quokula wrote: »
    It’s true though.

And in an era where he basically drives both of the cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭BikeRacer

People giving out about the Merc dominance, but if you took both of them of of this race, it would still be a sh*t race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I like the stripes on the grass.

Me too.highlight of the race for me.

I was just thinking that. Yes, Hamilton is a great driver in that he does produce what's needed when it's needed, but most of it is down to the car. I would like to see him in a Red Bull or RP and see if he would still produce it race after race. He most likely wouldn't.

Schumacher just produced it wherever whenever however.

You just need to look at his McLaren career to know that no, he wouldn’t produce it without an utterly dominant car. Not in the same class as Schumacher, or a driver like Alonso who regularly beat him in an inferior Ferrari at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

And even worse next year he will beat him without having to break a sweat. All Hamilton has to do is literally show up to the races.

He’s won a race every year, some of which in absolute dogs of cars.

He’s beaten every team mate he’s had, including three world champions.

You’d swear he was never challenged according to some of the experts on here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Cop on to myself? That's just a silly response. Keep your blinkers on however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Think I'd rather have watched the grass being cut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

jeus. shows have bad this snooze fest is when you can get time to notice cutting the grass

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Harika

BikeRacer wrote: »
    People giving out about the Merc dominance, but if you took both of them of of this race, it would still be a sh*t race.

Indeed, then it would be verstappen uncontested, trailed by Leclerc with some first lap skirmish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Albon sets the fastest lap.
    The only point of interest left will be who gets that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

He’s won a race every year, some of which in absolute dogs of cars.

He’s beaten every team mate he’s had, including three world champions.

You’d swear he was never challenged according to some of the experts on here.

I agree with this. He was crap in 2011 and early 2016, but outside of this he always been one of the quickest guys out there.

How many laps left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

You just need to look at his McLaren career to know that no, he wouldn’t produce it without an utterly dominant car. Not in the same class as Schumacher, or a driver like Alonso who regularly beat him in an inferior Ferrari at that time.

The same Alonso who Hamilton beat in 2007? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Albon sets the fastest lap.
    The only point of interest left will be who gets that.

If Albon doesn't finish in the top 10. He won't get the BP.

• Advertisement

A rookie Hamilton beat a two-time defending champion Alonso when they were both in the same car.

Advertisement