Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020 - British Grand Prix

• 28-07-2020 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭

And welcome to the new thread everyone, for the first of two rounds on British soil. The British Grand Prix. It might be a snooze fest at the front for Merc, but hoping the midfield battle gives us all a race to watch.

Weather is forecast as dry with only 10%-20% chance of rain.

Pirelli will bring the C1, C2, C3 compound tyres for use in the race; the following week is the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix, which will also be held at Silverstone, will see the C2, C3 and C4 selection used.

Channel 4

BRITISH GRAND PRIX
    Friday 31 July
    Practice 1 at 10.55am
    Practice 2 at 2.55pm

Saturday 1 August
    Practice 3 at 10.55am
    Qualifying at 1pm, Q1 starts at 2pm

Sunday 2 August
    Grand Prix coverage from 1pm, Lights out at 2.10pm.

SKY Times

Pirelli British Grand Prix - Practice 1
    Sky Sports F1 HD (11:00)

Pirelli British Grand Prix - Practice 2
    Sky Sports F1 HD (15:00)

SAT 1ST AUGUST
    Pirelli British Grand Prix - Practice 3
    Sky Sports F1 HD (11:00)

Pirelli British Grand Prix - Qualifying 1
    Sky Sports F1 HD (14:00)

Pirelli British Grand Prix - Qualifying 2
    Sky Sports F1 HD (14:22)

Pirelli British Grand Prix - Qualifying 3
    Sky Sports F1 HD (14:45)

SUN 2ND AUGUST
    Pirelli British Grand Prix - Pit Lane Live
    Sky Sports F1 HD (13:10)

Pirelli British Grand Prix - Race
    Sky Sports F1 HD (14:10)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Snoozefest up front no doubt unless Red Bull have an amazing weekend to mix things up. Interesting that different tyre compounds are being used for the two Silverstone GPs. Overall not looking forward to hearing more "Get in there, Lewis" for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Such is the snore fest at the front I’ve made commitments now that means I’ll miss the race, I’m not sorry either.

Get in there Norris.

Would be a great boost to Williams to do well on home turf. I live in hope

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Is it live on CH4 then as its the British GP? Is next weeks also live?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Inquitus wrote: »

The British GP is, but not sure if every session.

Haven't seen anything about the 70th Anniv. GP after, I would expect it'll be highlights only.

• Advertisement

All sessions are live on C4. The week after for the 70th Anniversary GP is back to normal then - Sky live with highlights only on C4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm going to watch it on C4 this weekend for a bit of a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

namloc1980 wrote: »
    All sessions are live on C4. The week after for the 70th Anniversary GP is back to normal then - Sky live with highlights only on C4.

Miserable of Sky. Both races at Silverstone should be live. Anyway here is hoping that Max and Red Bull have a better weekend than the last few and maybe even win the race.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm going to watch it on C4 this weekend for a bit of a change.

I think I’ll join ya. Might change beer brand for the day too.

Weather in Towcester tomorrow is giving sunshine and max temp of 32 !!!

Sunshine and clouds Saturday and Sunday but nowhere near that temp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CMCXCV

Whats the chances of Redbull actually doing well this weekend and it being interesting as the front

Ms

CMCXCV wrote: »
    Whats the chances of Redbull actually doing well this weekend and it being interesting as the front

Hopefully it's good.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Pretty low I think, the Merc handles these fast corners better than the RB and it also has more power on the straights, I would expect it to be a straight fight between Bottas and Hamilton!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭quokula

Pretty much zero.

Only hope they have is if Hamilton makes a complete mess of the weekend and bags himself a bunch of penalties like he did at the first race.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm actually expecting a Black out front row with a pink out second row.
    It'll only get interesting from 5th downwards.

AMKC wrote: »
    Hopefully it's good.

I think we are all hoping that now at this stage.
    Pretty low I think, the Merc handles these fast corners better than the RB and it also has more power on the straights, I would expect it to be a straight fight between Bottas and Hamilton!

Mercedes is just top tier so far this season, their speed is just too much now at the moment.
    quokula wrote: »
    Pretty much zero.

Only hope they have is if Hamilton makes a complete mess of the weekend and bags himself a bunch of penalties like he did at the first race.

I doubt that now, I say he has learned from his mistakes, or you would like to think he has anyway.

Hopefully it's just inconclusive and not positive. A reserve driver will step in if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,936 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hopefully it's just inconclusive and not positive. A reserve driver will step in if needed.

Vandoorne/Gutierrez. More likely Gutierrez as Vandoorne will probably be with Merc's Formula E team in Germany.

Oh that's not good, hopefully comes back negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Lando Norris just continues to be an absolute legend.
    https://twitter.com/LandoNorris/status/1288828019726004225?s=19

• Advertisement

Max Verstappen will equal the 106 career Grand Prix starts of his father Jos this weekend. He's 22!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I give you, the most exciting thing to happen for this weekend.

Perez tested positive.

Sergio Perez has tested positive.

Hopefully only a mild case and quick recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Wow, the first driver. Shows that this thing can be caught even with the strictest of rules.

Ms

Jeez that is terrible. Hopefully he makes a full recovery. Hopefully as said above its only mild and he makes a full 100per cent recovery. It's not something I would wish on anyone and the testing is not plesent either. I know as I got tested myself once when I thought I had it but it turned out to be something with similar symptoms that I am now over thankfully. It was not fun either and I still have no idea where I got it from.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Seemingly he went home to Mexico after the Hungarian GP and there are photos on Instagram of him meeting some fans in a restaurant. He was then in Italy last weekend with his family. His wife had pictures up on Instagram but has since deleted them. So much for bubbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Rumours floating about that Hulkenberg could be in line to replace Perez:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/150936/hulkenberg-in-frame-to-replace-perez-for-british-gp/amp/

If true, it's probably the best opportunity he'll ever have to get that elusive podium spot! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Seemingly he went home to Mexico after the Hungarian GP and there are photos on Instagram of him meeting some fans in a restaurant. He was then in Italy last weekend with his family. His wife had pictures up on Instagram but has since deleted them. So much for bubbles.

If that's true, then he should get banned for a while. Very reckless behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Harika

Guittierz is on his way.
    Bottas, Leclerc to think twice if jetting home between the races.

Advertisement