Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Ellen Show (and controversy)

• 11-11-2019 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests this show is for people who must be absolutely brain dead.

Guests on it like the host are full of carp. The audience defo have nothing between the ears. Why is RTE showing this rubbish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ah that's where Tubridy gets this shiote about been kind to each other. I heard her saying it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

As the title suggests this show is for people who must be absolutely brain dead.

Guests on it like the host are full of carp. The audience defo have nothing between the ears. Why is RTE showing this rubbish.

Could say the same for all celebrity talk shows really. Some people like to switch their brain off when they watch them. Maybe you should turn on something else when Ellen comes on.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Could say the same for all celebrity talk shows really. Some people like to switch their brain off when they watch them. Maybe you should turn on something else when Ellen comes on.

Ya I hear what you are saying, I'm off work for a few months because if injury, so I said I'd watch it. Oh my, what a crock. These so called celebs are so far up their
    own rear its sickening. This passes for entertainment, give me a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

If you can sit and watch a good podcast show for 2 or 3 hours while they get in to deep topics, philosophy, science, humour, technology, psychology - then turn on Ellen, it feels like you kind need to cut off 80% of your brain to enjoy it. But there's a place for that too.

Occasionally I'll watch an Ellen interview but I'd would have to be really bored or just trying to distract myself from something other than what I'm supposed to be doing.

Traditional TV in general is so dated and ****. I mean, we have podcasts or online talk-shows where they can actually interview people on a much more enriching level that doesn't always have to stoop to the lowest common demoninator, light-hearted, highly formated ****e. It's slow but people are coming around to this.

I'll try not to critcize Ellen too much. I know that show isn't chasing me or my demographic. But all those talk shows are kind of mind-numbing trash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Does she still do that weird crab dance thing? :D Seen it one day when she was in the middle of doing it (crab walking over a coffee table I think) and never went near it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

And this from Alan Partridge.

Sweet Jesus, Melissa McCarthy doing a prank on a shop assistant, about as funny as cancer.

Alot of stuff coming out about Ellen Degenerate, how she is anything but been KIND TO ONE ANOTHER.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

I can’t stand her face I don’t know why

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dakota Johnson vs Ellen.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be using that paper of all papers a source for truth.

Here is where they stole it from.

‘Ellen DeGeneres Show’ Workplace Under Investigation by WarnerMedia (EXCLUSIVE)
    “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” has become the subject of an internal investigation by WarnerMedia following numerous accounts of workplace problems on the long-running daytime series, Variety has learned.

Executives from show producer Telepictures and distributor Warner Bros. Television sent a memo to staffers last week saying they have engaged WBTV-owner WarnerMedia’s employee relations group and a third party firm, who will interview current and former staffers about their experiences on set, said sources.

A Warner Bros. Television spokesperson declined to comment on the matter. A rep for “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” did not immediately respond to Variety‘s request for comment.

The memo comes on the heels of recent unflattering reports about working conditions at the show. In April, Variety reported on the treatment of legacy crew members during the coronavirus lockdown. In mid-July, BuzzFeed published a report alleging racism and intimidation on the show. The memo came from the desks of Telepictures executive vice president Donna Redier Linsk and WBTV vice president of human resources Donna Hancock Husband.

The name of the third party consultant was not immediately clear. Both companies underscored their commitment to providing an environment where employees can flourish, said one of the individuals familiar with the document.

BuzzFeed’s story contained a spectrum of accused racist behavior, from microagressions to jokes about mistaking two Black female employees with the same hairstyle, as well as criticism of statements allegedly made to another staffer by executive producer Ed Glavin. Glavin and fellow executive producers Andy Lassner and Mary Connelly addressed the allegations in a joint statement to Buzzfeed.........

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ellen-degeneres-workplace-investigation-1234717494/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If I wanted to break a spy I'd stick them in white room with this on every wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

She has the eyes and smile of a mass murderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,991 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Something fishy about this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought she was genuinely nice, I'm so naive :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

It is American, does that mean anything about it being for brain deads.

It is shocking sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,031 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will RTE drop the show because of this...no.

She is blaming her executives for not holding up the standards she sets.

DeGeneres
    we immediately began an internal investigation and we are taking steps, together, to correct the issues.” Implying that other executives on the show had failed to uphold her standards of conduct, she vows: “That will now change, and I’m committed to ensuring this does not happen again......

https://tvline.com/2020/07/30/ellen-degeneres-response-apology-toxic-workplace-bullying-investigation/

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

It's always the same, these people that portray a nice PC image of perfectness have something to hide ... always the same.

I personally always found her phoney at least , insincere , didn't think she would be such a cu next Tuesday ... but not surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

As my mother would say she always seemed a bit too sweet to be wholesome.

Apparently someone else who isnt at all nice behind the scenes....Michael McIntyre...can't say I am surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 81,031 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The media not tearing in to her as they would if she was a straight male.

The media not tearing in to her as they would if she was a straight male.
    Huh? They kind of are let's be honest..anywhere I can see anyway....it's not as if she was forcibly **** in front of other people or anything ffs

Won't someone in the media please give a straight male a chance.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

gmisk wrote: »
    Huh? They kind of are let's be honest..anywhere I can see anyway....it's not as if she was forcibly **** in front of other people or anything ffs

Won't someone in the media please give a straight male a chance.....

She cant tho tbf, she only wishes she had a d*ck! :pac:

...I don't think you understand how **** works...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

From the first time I saw her show I just KNEW it was all a sick act and she was a thundering b1tch

Just something about the way she presented herself was so false and sinister

She needs to resign in disgrace now. I hope the staff who’ve suffered can get serious financial settlements out of her. Absolute nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There was something about her demeanour that didn't sit well with me whenever I watched it. Just felt so phony and insincere.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

I'm glad she's in a world of ****. For a fair few years I've read stories of her and how shes an absolute c**t to work for. Glad to see it come out.

That being said, I've heard Mariah Carey & Ariana Grade are no better. Albeit, they're not Tv hosts but still, people work for them and they're in the spotlight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

WTF!!!! And I suppose in your weird fuccked up head gay men want vaginas? would you ever cop on to yourself and take a step out of 1950's Catholic Ireland.

Advertisement