Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Fantasy Football League - NFL.com redraft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭timbotim

nice one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Hi guys know nothing about NFL and picked this team which is predicted to finish last in my mini league.

Any tips to fix it?

Team attached below

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

Hey, Hoping this isn't a troll but that team is good.... the projections are based off who you drafted per round (take the highest rated player on the site get the best projection) so I wouldn't worry about that.... just know your scoring... if its non ppr, players like white carry less of an impact but in ppr its the reverse. other than that, play the waivers and good luck... I actually cant figure out how you made this roster considering adp.
    Hi guys know nothing about NFL and picked this team which is predicted to finish last in my mini league.

Any tips to fix it?

Team attached below

Hey, Hoping this isn't a troll but that team is good.... the projections are based off who you drafted per round (take the highest rated player on the site get the best projection) so I wouldn't worry about that.... just know your scoring... if its non ppr, players like white carry less of an impact but in ppr its the reverse. other than that, play the waivers and good luck... I actually cant figure out how you made this roster considering adp.

Thanks for reply.

The predictor said my team us good but bench unbalanced.

I have four RBs and two WRs, what positions should you have on bench?
    Can I change before start of season?

What's ppr and waivers?

Don't worry too much about bench imbalances early in the season... to be honest sometimes you are better having more RBs (more likely to get injured and easier to trade) than wrs you also have a wr in your flex spot so realistically you have 5Wr and 6rb pretty balanced.
    There are some good articles out there for beginners, I have attached one here but a quick google search will help a lot https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/fantasy-football-beginners/
    ppr means point per reception, so any time a player catches a pass he gets a point... standard doesn't have this and then there is 0.5ppr which is half a point. Mccaffery is a ppr machine where someone like latavious murray is more likely not to catch it. the season is long so don't be worrying about week 1 too much beyond setting your line up.
    Waivers is the free agent pool (players that weren't drafted) this is usually under the add player section of the site, if you add a player you got to drop one though.

Cheers.
    Thanks for reply.

The predictor said my team us good but bench unbalanced.

I have four RBs and two WRs, what positions should you have on bench?
    Can I change before start of season?

What's ppr and waivers?

• Advertisement

Don't worry too much about bench imbalances early in the season... to be honest sometimes you are better having more RBs (more likely to get injured and easier to trade) than wrs you also have a wr in your flex spot so realistically you have 5Wr and 6rb pretty balanced.
    There are some good articles out there for beginners, I have attached one here but a quick google search will help a lot https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/fantasy-football-beginners/
    ppr means point per reception, so any time a player catches a pass he gets a point... standard doesn't have this and then there is 0.5ppr which is half a point. Mccaffery is a ppr machine where someone like latavious murray is more likely not to catch it. the season is long so don't be worrying about week 1 too much beyond setting your line up.
    Waivers is the free agent pool (players that weren't drafted) this is usually under the add player section of the site, if you add a player you got to drop one though.

Cheers.

Thanks Jason

So anyone any interest in HOLLYWOOD!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,078 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So anyone any interest in HOLLYWOOD!!!!

Buy low, sell high - that’s my motto!

is it me or has this season been really weird so far! like real boom bust!

How are you all looking for the playoffs? This looks like the only league I won't make the promised land, 3 leagues confirmed and 1 is still up in the air.

• Advertisement

I’m dead.

Thanks again for facilitating this league - rough couple of years since I won it! But enjoyed the draft, etc nonetheless.

This season has been particularly odd! If a drafted player busted he busted hard. The qb injuries are insane this year! last count there was 19 changes at qb over the season. on paper this leagues team looked like my strongest and it has been by far my weakest. I had one league where I went 7-1 and then just scraped into the playoffs. just weird stuff!

Not to worry on the thanks! I enjoy the draft etc myself so I don't mind the legwork!
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I’m dead.

Thanks again for facilitating this league - rough couple of years since I won it! But enjoyed the draft, etc nonetheless.

Yeah Cam and Big Ben going down was quite impactful. Also the likes of Barkley, Zeke, Kamara, Adams, JuJu and OBJ underperforming for various reasons.

Though I think every year in fantasy is it’s own oddity!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Christy42

This one went wrong pretty badly for myself. Others have gone better. 2 likely play offs and 1 definitely in. Here I am out and a half hearted attempt of a late charge couldn't save me.

Big ben hurt me as did brees for his extended stint! had a lot of exposure to those two early on. Juju was just a total bust!

Just wondering if people are up for getting this going again? think it would be the 4th year. let me know.

Going to bow out this year. Thanks again for facilitating the previous years, massively appreciated. Just too many leagues going on and need to drop a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

If you need teams, I'd possibly be down for joining depending on format

Ah Lloyd, you really tied the room together! not to worry, we all have over extended ourselves some years... and some years you go wait I need more leagues.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Going to bow out this year. Thanks again for facilitating the previous years, massively appreciated. Just too many leagues going on and need to drop a couple.

Hi man, its .5ppr 1qb, extra flex spot. usually 10-12 person league.
    If you need teams, I'd possibly be down for joining depending on format

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Christy42

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rob1nHoody

Just wondering if people are up for getting this going again? think it would be the 4th year. let me know.

I'd be up for playing again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Hi man, its .5ppr 1qb, extra flex spot. usually 10-12 person league.

Yeah I'd be keen for that, count me in if there's a spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

In again if there's still a spot.

Looks like 7 confirmed so far, not bad with a month to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 seansc1

Hi Jason. Count me in also if possible. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭romteilly

Room for one more?

Yep! thats 8 I think so 2-4 spaces left for people
    romteilly wrote: »
    Room for one more?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Paul76567

I would be interested to if there is space left. Thanks!

• Advertisement

Sounds good Paul! pretty close to the 10 spots, would be nice to get the 12!
    Paul76567 wrote: »
    I would be interested to if there is space left. Thanks!

Advertisement