Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I May Destroy You- BBC

• 15-06-2020 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

Anyone else watching this? I'm just finished episode 4, and wow, it's good. It's about a writer in London in her early 30s who has quite a hedonistic lifestyle and experiences a sexual assault. I wasn't sure after the first episode, but it's getting better and better. Visceral is how I'd describe it! With how it conveys the grimy London scene, drugs, sex and lots else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's excellent. Michaela Coel is a helluva talent!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Chewing gum is genius in my opinion seriously underrated.
    This is a very different beast, two eps I watched were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭cozar

Such good acting especially when she is trying to remember what happened. It’s excellent.

I am up to episode 5 now really excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Decent show but can't stand the main character.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Have there been more than 5 episodes released? I'm watching at HBO pace

Have there been more than 5 episodes released? I'm watching at HBO pace
    10 episodes have been released by BBC - two a week with the final two released tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Overall I enjoyed the finale, I love how nothing could shake the bond of friendship between Terry and Arabella. I liked the structure of her
    imagining different scenarios involving getting closure on her rapist, especially as it wasn't immediately clear that it was all fantasy- then obviously she just has to make her own peace with it, without a final face off with him. Just like you would in real life. That's what I took from it anyway.

I did think the scene with
    Terry going on a date with a trans man seemed shoehorned in and didn't go anywhere, it came across to me as just getting every possible topical issue woven into the story somehow.

Overall a really thought-provoking and enjoyable series- Michaela Coel is some talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Saw a trailer for it and I kind of get a "white people check your privilege" vibe from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Four episodes in. God it’s tough viewing

She is excellent. Chewing gum is brilliant.

Just can’t binge watch this so it’s gonna take me a while to finish it

Saw a trailer for it and I kind of get a "white people check your privilege" vibe from it.
    Hmm nope ...very little to do with white people.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,775 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Rfrip wrote: »
    Four episodes in. God it’s tough viewing

She is excellent. Chewing gum is brilliant.

Just can’t binge watch this so it’s gonna take me a while to finish it
    I got about that far in, and found it incredibly hard going!

Can't put my finger on why, exactly - but I cancelled the series link. Just not for me.

She is a brilliant actress, no doubt about it. I've seen Chewing Gum on Netflix, must try that some time.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I got about that far in, and found it incredibly hard going!

Can't put my finger on why, exactly - but I cancelled the series link. Just not for me.

She is a brilliant actress, no doubt about it. I've seen Chewing Gum on Netflix, must try that some time.

I dunno Is it just my current headspace but I’m extremely low after each episode. Its grim

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It starts on RTÉ2 on Wednesday 17th November at 10.30pm

I never went back to this actually, it was just too hard going

• Registered Users Posts: 28,775 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Me neither, and I won't be trying again this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

watched this recently - thought it did a v good job at portraying what a mess she was in - in her head like,..

but I think they expedited the latter half of the story which I felt was a pity.. like they wrapped it all up v quickly.. the pace wasn't great..

but v well done.. visceral for sure.. v creative.. great acting..

gee she's gorgeous .. OMG without hair - model material

must check out Chewing Gum

Advertisement