Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The Scarface fpl guy has deleted his twitter account today. The Age of Leaks may be over.

He hasn’t deleted it, just deactivated it.

Apparently he was getting loads of abuse on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

He hasn’t deleted it, just deactivated it.

Apparently he was getting loads of abuse on Twitter.

What for? Always find it weird when people go after someone like that who is just trying to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

The Scarface fpl guy has deleted his twitter account today. The Age of Leaks may be over.

That's why we can't have nice things in this world, there will always be a few idiots ruining it for the rest.

• km79 wrote: »
    There is still often early team news on last day of season

Aye but I’ll not know where to look and I’ll be tired.

If it was an easy one-stop-shop like Rockstar or Scarface then grand.

Anything else and I’m out. Sure you wouldn’t know who to trust.

jimmii wrote: »
    What for? Always find it weird when people go after someone like that who is just trying to help.

The internet of today is a nasty place especially Twitter. I can’t say I’m surprised he has been targeted. Trolls are so common everywhere you go online.

It’s a shame as both himself and Rockstar are providing a great service to the FPL community and this is how they’re treated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I understand that some big accounts on twitter get abuse, be it their supported team or some radical views etc, but Scarface is just a guy trying to help everyone with FPl. No club allegiance or stuff like that. No need for abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Greenwood or Ings?

Going with Ings at the moment as I already have a very stacked midfield of Martial, Bruno, Sterling, Silva and Pulisic plus Kane upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Well f*************************ck

whoshotmr-burnspart1g.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭touts

Where's General Chat 2020/21?

touts wrote: »
    Where's General Chat 2020/21?

On its way over the next few days. Hold your horses sure we haven't even finished the 19/20 season yet. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭touts

On its way over the next few days. Hold your horses sure we haven't even finished the 19/20 season yet. :D

Sadly 19/20 finished for me weeks ago 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 32,602 ✭✭✭✭CSF

https://mobile.twitter.com/jmemc55/status/1287493434308272128

To be honest, this isn’t a million miles off the mark. Regression to the FPL mean next year or is he only going to improve for a 2nd season and replace fortune with ruthlessness?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

CSF wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jmemc55/status/1287493434308272128

To be honest, this isn’t a million miles off the mark. Regression to the FPL mean next year or is he only going to improve for a 2nd season and replace fortune with ruthlessness?

I think his price will be crucial next season. I had him for the last few games and he hasn’t played well at all, but has returned points.

Yesterday was a case in point. At the 2nd half water break Gary Neville was saying if his name wasn’t Bruno you would seriously consider taking him off he was playing that poorly. 3 minutes later Man U get a penalty and he goes from 3 to 11 points.

At the right price I might be tempted, but not sure I’d pay over 10m for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Benimar wrote:
    I think his price will be crucial next season. I had him for the last few games and he hasn’t played well at all, but has returned points.

Benimar wrote:
    Yesterday was a case in point. At the 2nd half water break Gary Neville was saying if his name wasn’t Bruno you would seriously consider taking him off he was playing that poorly. 3 minutes later Man U get a penalty and he goes from 3 to 11 points.

Benimar wrote:
    At the right price I might be tempted, but not sure I’d pay over 10m for him.

If Utd sign some more decent attackers then it should take some of the burden off him and he will get rested more. Still think he'll be the Utd attacking asset to own next year, Martial will be back as a forward.

I guess much of it depends on whether we consider the amount of penalties United got as an outlier, or if enough of it is a byproduct of having that amount of attacking pace in the box. Then again, you did have the Villa one which is about as outlier as you will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Be good if they changes the deadline to 2 hours prior to first kickoff next year. That would eliminate the early team leaks that probably cheapen things a fair bit even if they are fun to hit.

Won a decent wedge of cash this year because my rivals had Salah and TAA and didn't know

• Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Be good if they changes the deadline to 2 hours prior to first kickoff next year. That would eliminate the early team leaks that probably cheapen things a fair bit even if they are fun to hit.

Won a decent wedge of cash this year because my rivals had Salah and TAA and didn't know

Those leaked line ups give the like of us a small edge over other players, it would make life a bit easier alright as you wouldn't be refreshing your phone non stop 5 mins before kick off but it can be helpful at times

I’m pretty in favour of things that give an advantage to people who put the time and effort in, but I would not be upset by this, other than having to be an up hour earlier on Saturday mornings after nights on the beer.

I'd have thought if they were making changes, it'd be better to have the deadline as KO on the first game.

The early team leaks benefit those who take the game seriously which is fair enough. I'd have thought having everyone on a level playing field would be fairer than handicapping everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I guess much of it depends on whether we consider the amount of penalties United got as an outlier, or if enough of it is a byproduct of having that amount of attacking pace in the box. Then again, you did have the Villa one which is about as outlier as you will get.

A little bit of both but it's got to be an outlier to some extent. 14 pens is a PL record, it's nearly 3 times what Liverpool got (who have just as pacy an attack and should be dominating games at least as much).

They will get pens next season, but it's highly unlikely to be 14 again, more likely to be around half that.

Good points made on Bruno and "stats-padding", I think it's likely he'll be overpriced next season. His points haul this season has been incredible and his price will likely reflect that, but I just don't think it's sustainable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Just taking a look there, if I'd left Nick Pope as my set and forget keeper (I had him GW1) I'd have got 30 points more from my keepers than I did :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Morzadec wrote: »
    A little bit of both but it's got to be an outlier to some extent. 14 pens is a PL record, it's nearly 3 times what Liverpool got (who have just as pacy an attack and should be dominating games at least as much).

They will get pens next season, but it's highly unlikely to be 14 again, more likely to be around half that.

Good points made on Bruno and "stats-padding", I think it's likely he'll be overpriced next season. His points haul this season has been incredible and his price will likely reflect that, but I just don't think it's sustainable

Agree. Bruno's price is going to be stupidly high next season I think. Probably 10M+.

Surely Martial is the player to have and Greenwood will be a great enabler if his price stays the same but could see Greenwood starting at 5m or 5.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Morzadec wrote: »

United did get 12 the previous season so it’s not completely outrageous they’d get double digits again

Agree. Bruno's price is going to be stupidly high next season I think. Probably 10M+.

Surely Martial is the player to have and Greenwood will be a great enabler if his price stays the same but could see Greenwood starting at 5m or 5.5m

Agree on Bruno, he'll be high. I'd say they'll put him KDB category and start him as 10.

Greenwood I reckon could be higher again next season unfortunately, maybe 7/7.5.

Greenwood’s price will fly up as a currently starting United attacker surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Lads just looking for a bit of advice; I'm running a league and top 2 have ended up on same points. The game has them ranked 1 & 2 based on who has made fewer transfers as per the rules and 1st place has a better overall rank than 2nd place.

I do feel its a bit harsh on guy in 2nd though? Nothing was said about tied positions at the start of season. My options are to pay out 1st and 2nd as per standings, split the pot between two of them or else pay 1st full prize and top up 2nd place out of my own pocket (€30) to get him up to what he would get with a split pot?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

I'd have thought if they were making changes, it'd be better to have the deadline as KO on the first game.

The early team leaks benefit those who take the game seriously which is fair enough. I'd have thought having everyone on a level playing field would be fairer than handicapping everyone.

That'd be terribly unfair IMO. If someone had 6 players playing in the early kickoff he'd know if all 6 were going to play or not - i.e more than half his starting lineup. Someone with no player in the game would be seriously disadvantaged IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Greenwood’s price will fly up as a currently starting United attacker surely?

Yup 7.5m absolute minimum IMO. Probably 8m or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lads just looking for a bit of advice; I'm running a league and top 2 have ended up on same points. The game has them ranked 1 & 2 based on who has made fewer transfers as per the rules and 1st place has a better overall rank than 2nd place.

I do feel its a bit harsh on guy in 2nd though? Nothing was said about tied positions at the start of season. My options are to pay out 1st and 2nd as per standings, split the pot between two of them or else pay 1st full prize and top up 2nd place out of my own pocket (€30) to get him up to what he would get with a split pot?
    I think you have to go by the way the game has decided. I lost my work league by 1 point. If doherty had have played 60 minutes Id have won on fewer transfers. I certainly wouldn't be putting in 30 euro of your own money.

Advertisement