Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WITArena or Goldstone as a shortterm alternative to Ben Dunne until it reopens

Options
  • 23-07-2020 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

I'm a member of Ben Dunnes gym in waterford but it doesnt seem to be re-opening until October . I am looking to join another gym in the shortterm and both the WITArena and Goldstone seem to be the best options as they both offer no contract monthly options. I'm just wondering which is the better option. Who knows once my contract is up in Ben Dunnes I might consider my next longterm contract with one of the others

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I'm a member of Ben Dunnes gym in waterford but it doesnt seem to be re-opening until October . I am looking to join another gym in the shortterm and both the WITArena and Goldstone seem to be the best options as they both offer no contract monthly options. I'm just wondering which is the better option. Who knows once my contract is up in Ben Dunnes I might consider my next longterm contract with one of the others

dunnes definitely reopening, was told it could be gone for good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    dunnes definitely reopening, was told it could be gone for good?

I dunno to be honest . If that's the case will those with alot of their membership to run be reembersed

Minime2.5 wrote:
    I dunno to be honest . If that's the case will those with alot of their membership to run be reembersed

They bloody should be, this isn't 100% yet, I'm still only really hearing rumours, but I know someone working there, and they're not confident of it reopening, but I don't think they've been officially informed yet, apparently all the equipment was pulled outta there some time ago, again all rumours

Dunne also said in the media lately that he's unwilling to reopen until there's a vaccine, so I'd say there's a good chance he's looking at his overall business plan, and may shut some permanently, blaming it on covid, which of course is true to a degree

Was hoping there'd be some responses to my actual query at this stage ?

• Advertisement

Was hoping there'd be some responses to my actual query at this stage ?

i always say try as many gyms out as you can, before committing to a longer term contract, the gym environment is radically changing at the moment, so some of those changes may not suit you at all

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i always say try as many gyms out as you can, before committing to a longer term contract, the gym environment is radically changing at the moment, so some of those changes may not suit you at all

For weights whats better between Goldstone and the WITArena

For weights whats better between Goldstone and the WITArena

cant help you there unfortunately, ive never used either of those gyms, sounds like theyre nice though

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ben Dunne’s gym is actually closed for good I’m afraid lads, I was speaking to a local auctioneer and he has been asked to look for a new tenant for that unit.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Ben Dunne’s gym is actually closed for good I’m afraid lads, I was speaking to a local auctioneer and he has been asked to look for a new tenant for that unit.

thats sad to hear, few jobs lost, hope they look after customers and staff

• Advertisement
Advertisement