Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jobs thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Paddy Macs bar in Tralee are looking for staff:

Looking for Part-time bar staff. Minimum 2 years experience. Availability for weekend work essential. Drop a CV In to Paddy/Jack Mac’s or email to paddymacstralee@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Finance for You in Killarney, Kerry have two jobs going at the moment:

Credit Underwriting Officer. Job spec @ https://kerryjobs.ie/job/14086090/credit-underwriting-officer

Arrears Officer. Job spec @ https://kerryjobs.ie/job/14086069/arrears-officer

Both jobs offer an extensive In-house training programme.

Creative stylists required for organic hair salon opening soon in Cahersiveen, Kerry.

Minimum 3 years experience required for this job.

Please apply at https://kerryjobs.ie/job/14086565/creative-stylists-required-for-organic-hair-salon

Tatler Jack in Killarney are looking for a Chef.

Full time & part time available.

3,4 & 5 shifts available.

Please apply at https://kerryjobs.ie/job/14101425/chef

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Denny Lane is re-opening in Tralee soon (new management I think) and looking for staff. There's an ad in the Tralee advertiser and it says to contact Michael 0879078288.

Also on that advertiser is a post for an IT Technician for Radley's in Rock Street, info@radleys.ie

https://www.facebook.com/TraleeAdvertiser/photos/a.461297777303756/2352497354850446/?type=3&theater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59,544 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

^^ It's good to hear of a business reopening after the recent raft of closures in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭Gormal

Grill & Thrill Family Restaurant, Tralee

PART TIME WAITRESS WANTED 20 HRS PER WEEK!
    To Arrange An Interview, Please Drop A Current Updated CV, To Grill & Thrill Family Restaurant: 7 Lower Castle Street - Tralee Tel: 066 711 7703.

Part-time job going for anyone who wants to work nights....

Orana Estates in Tralee are looking for a Part Time House Sitter. No previous experience required.

Duties:

* Check in and check out guests.
    * To ensure a safe and secure environment for customers, staff and visitors is maintained at all times.
    * To carry out security checks of Guest House.
    * To receive orders, prepare and service light refreshments to guest’s rooms as required.
    * To carry out wake-up calls.
    * To carry out porterage when required.
    * Dealing with telephone and guest enquiries.

Requirements:

* Experience in a similar position is beneficial but not essential
    * Good customer service skills
    * Ability to work on own initiative

Benefits:

* Working hours are flexible
    * No experience required
    * Accommodation provide

To apply please visit https://kerryjobs.ie/job/14103909/guest-house-sitter

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Part-time job going for anyone who wants to work nights....

Orana Estates in Tralee are looking for a Part Time House Sitter. No previous experience required.

Duties:

* Check in and check out guests.
    * To ensure a safe and secure environment for customers, staff and visitors is maintained at all times.
    * To carry out security checks of Guest House.
    * To receive orders, prepare and service light refreshments to guest’s rooms as required.
    * To carry out wake-up calls.
    * To carry out porterage when required.
    * Dealing with telephone and guest enquiries.

Requirements:

* Experience in a similar position is beneficial but not essential
    * Good customer service skills
    * Ability to work on own initiative

Benefits:

* Working hours are flexible
    * No experience required
    * Accommodation provide

To apply please visit https://kerryjobs.ie/job/14103909/guest-house-sitter

Moved to jobs thread. Please keep all job ads to this thread. thanks. Mod

Benners Hotel and the Mall Tavern in Tralee are looking for staff:

With the expansion of business, we are now looking for hard working and experienced staff for both premises. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a dynamic team please email your cv to orlagh@bennershoteltralee.ie

You must be over 18 years old to apply
    Immediate start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Hi All,

My 18 year old daughter has just finished her leaving cert year & is hoping to get a summer job before going off to college (if college actually starts). Any idea if there will be any jobs available this year. Anything considered.

T.

TigerTim wrote: »
    Hi All,

My 18 year old daughter has just finished her leaving cert year & is hoping to get a summer job before going off to college (if college actually starts). Any idea if there will be any jobs available this year. Anything considered.

T.

The most obvious option would be to try the supermarkets or local convenience stores. It will be hard to get any seasonal jobs this year. Many people who were already lined up for them won't have a job this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

TigerTim wrote: »
    Hi All,

T.

My gut reaction is there will be no part time jobs this summer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

newman10 wrote: »
    My gut reaction is there will be no part time jobs this summer :(

Hate to say it but you are probably correct.

Thanks,

T.

Euro Giant in the Square, Tralee are looking for staff. They have a sign In window to drop in a CV to the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Carry Out in Oakfield Court looking for a shop assistant, sign up in shop

Starbucks are advertising for staff in their new Tralee branch (not sure when its opening).

https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1894353&fbclid=IwAR2Sotfb4CNiKprtEKj7BHEiMHmTYUMP3FZK3tPtj83l-u-16r8yOAeIMwE#.XuNbY1sxmzM.facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Take a bow Ciarrai 76
    you are informative
    Wife lost her job in Debenhams so jobhunting now

Take a bow Ciarrai 76
    you are informative
    Wife lost her job in Debenhams so jobhunting now

Sorry to hear your wife lost her job. I hope she finds something very soon.

• Advertisement

Radio5 wrote: »
    Probably not the right place for this but I can't see a Kenmare thread. Visited there for first time since Feb. I see Mick & Jimmy's restaurant is gone. I know the building was for sale pre -COVID, just wondering if the restaurant was destined to close or move or is it cos of current situation?

Moving to a different thread as this is specifically for jobs in the county. MOD

Der O'Sullivan's the Mall (Tralee) are looking for staff.

https://www.facebook.com/derosullivansthemall

We are hiring experienced waiting staff! Minimum two years experience and preferably with cocktail experience also. Email your cv to
    orlagh@bennershoteltralee.ie
    #jobopportunity #jobvacancy #hospitality

Immediate start

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wfbjjk

I am a dual citizen of the Irish Republic and the United States. My husband and I plan to relocate to the Irish Republic in the next year or so and we love Kerry! I plan to partially retire but I would like to work 50-75% of the time. Here in the US, I hold a Bachelors Degree in Psychology, a Master's Degree in Education, and I am a Certified Social Worker. I have over 25 years experience as a Corporate Trainer. I am currently employed by an international training company as a Training Manager. I am a Certified First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor by the American ed Cross, the National Safety Council, and the American Safety and Health Institute. I am also a Certified Instructor for the Crisis Prevention Institute. I am a published author and professional speaker as well. I would love any ideas about employment in County Kerry, especially in the Tralee area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

wfbjjk wrote: »
    I am a dual citizen of the Irish Republic and the United States. My husband and I plan to relocate to the Irish Republic in the next year or so and we love Kerry! I plan to partially retire but I would like to work 50-75% of the time. Here in the US, I hold a Bachelors Degree in Psychology, a Master's Degree in Education, and I am a Certified Social Worker. I have over 25 years experience as a Corporate Trainer. I am currently employed by an international training company as a Training Manager. I am a Certified First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor by the American ed Cross, the National Safety Council, and the American Safety and Health Institute. I am also a Certified Instructor for the Crisis Prevention Institute. I am a published author and professional speaker as well. I would love any ideas about employment in County Kerry, especially in the Tralee area.

Well done on deciding to make such a big, exciting move. I'd suggest you register your resume (CV-curriculum vitae- as it's called in Ireland) with as many recruitment agencies as possible so that you are on their books and include a cover letter explaining your background and ambition for moving here. Keep an eye on jobs.ie, irishjobs.ie and indeed.ie which are some of the biggest job websites. Refine your search for Tralee and Kerry to get an idea of available jobs in the locality

The COVID pandemic has turned the world upside down so the jobs market will be challenging this year and next as a recession is most likely. Tralee wouldn't have the volume of jobs larger cities would have and while it has a technology park and strong reliance on tourism/hospitality sector, much of that is under threat with the ongoing pandemic.

Finally, follow HQTralee on Facebook. They are a business innovation and networking group that could help link you up with the right people and connections. Best of luck!!

Check out the Tralee Local Employment services, they have a facebook page which often posts up jobs, but its worth calling into them also as they will take your CV for potential jobs.

https://www.facebook.com/traleelocalemploymentservice/

The Ashe Hotel are looking for a receptionist. Taken from their FAcebook page:

We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our fantastic front office team.
    Working in an fast paced and dynamic environment you need to be organised, efficient and flexible with excellent personal skills.
    Ideally we require :

. Hotel reception experience
    . Use of Hotsoft PMS system
    . Office administration skills
    . A passion for the hospitality business

If you are all the above and looking for a fantastic opportunity in one of Tralee’s top 4* Hotels then please forward your CV to info@theashehotel.ie

Yummy's cafe in the Square, Tralee are looking for a staff member. Details below from their Facebook page.

The following is what we are looking for:
    * Someone with at least 2 years experience working in a busy cafe/restaurant environment.
    * Some degree of Barista training is required.
    * Someone who is completely flexible regarding working hours.
    * Someone who is available throughout the year, while it is part time, this position will not be suitable for a student unfortunately.

If you think this could be you or you know of anyone that would be perfect for this role & would like to join our team then please either PM us or email your CV to yummycafemarket@gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/Yummycafemarket/?tn-str=k*F&hc_location=group_dialog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

TK Maxx in Killarney looking for part time workers. Shifts vary but loads of work for those interested and capable of putting in a good shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭LilacNails

theboss80 wrote: »
    TK Maxx in Killarney looking for part time workers. Shifts vary but loads of work for those interested and capable of putting in a good shift.

Where did u see this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

LilacNails wrote: »
    Where did u see this?

Lets just say inside knowledge. If interested drop in with a CV and ask for a manager.

Advertisement