Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stock cast

• 20-07-2020 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Been Looking for a lefthanded shotgun and struggling to find one but I've found a nice right-handed silma. Is it much of an issue to get the cast changed from right to left. A couple of people have said it's no problem but then a few have warned me against it? If I get it done will I have issues down the line. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭ace86

Barnsley wrote: »
    Been Looking for a lefthanded shotgun and struggling to find one but I've found a nice right-handed silma. Is it much of an issue to get the cast changed from right to left. A couple of people have said it's no problem but then a few have warned me against it? If I get it done will I have issues down the line. Thanks
    I think with semi autos there’s chimes in it to make them suite for left handed people. I have a browning cynegy black ice that had a left handed comb that’s adjustable that comes with it. If u want pat Sludds could make a stock to suite you or maybe cast the stock for u if u prefer. It is hard here in Ireland I think to get left handed guns to suite people bcos of resale and taking a trade in after in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bluezulu49

My son is left handed and left master eye. He had his right handed Lanber shotgun fitted with an adjustable comb riser by Pat Sludds and there is enough lateral adjustment for him to shoot successfully with it. This could work for you too and it carries the benefit that the comb can be adjusted back to allow right handed shooting.

If I were you I would go see Pat Sludds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

Barnsley wrote: »
    Been Looking for a lefthanded shotgun and struggling to find one

Are you looking for a side/side, under/over or semi-automatic?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Barnsley

J.R. wrote: »
    Are you looking for a side/side, under/over or semi-automatic?

Over/under or a semi auto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

Benelli Montrefeltro Left handed semi auto...NEW

https://www.sportsden.ie/hunting-accesories/gun-showroom/shotguns/benelli-montefeltro-left-hand-28-semi-auto.html

I have one of these in left hand ...brilliant gun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Benelli do an O/U that the stock can be adjusted like a semi auto too.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

FWIW I had a silma m80 and I shot it really well for a few years she was rh and I'm left..

I shot rh guns for years. Took the plunge and bought a new 686 lh a year ago.. Do I shoot it any better? Meh.. I look after it a bit more lol

Advertisement