Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4.4kw system

• 20-07-2020 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi all just had my 4.4kw system installed a couple of weeks now.
    Its a solis hybrid with 2.4kwh battery.
    Anybody else got similar setup?
    Still havent had a clear day to see max power. But well covering my needs right now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

Pic of roof

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pic doesn't show.

We had a similar system installed recently and are very happy with it.

Do you have the the wifi dongle on the inverter for monitoring/logging by any chance? I notice there's always power going to the "back up" on ours even though we don't have a back up socket wired off the inverter. Does yours show the same? I assume it's just the power the inverter is using to keep itself going.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Pic doesn't show.

We had a similar system installed recently and are very happy with it.

Do you have the the wifi dongle on the inverter for monitoring/logging by any chance? I notice there's always power going to the "back up" on ours even though we don't have a back up socket wired off the inverter. Does yours show the same? I assume it's just the power the inverter is using to keep itself going.

I have the wifi dongle but only shows pv power comming in. Nothing else shows battery level etc

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DeclanD54 wrote: »
    I have the wifi dongle but only shows pv power comming in. Nothing else shows battery level etc

It should show battery level and that, you might need to change the system type to "storage system" in the settings on the app/webpage.

I had that on but still only shows input from pv.

• Advertisement

Strange, this is what I get on mine:

8LseCeh.jpg

Hmm im only getting generation!
    I did reset the dongle last night because i took iy off a 2kw non hybrid inverter, but its a finiky thing to setup. Still same but only generation..
    Maybe il buy a new dongle

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Strange, this is what I get on mine:

8LseCeh.jpg

Does your dongle have a small antenna at the bottom? I think i might have the old type dongle without antenna that could be my issue?

Does your dongle have a small antenna at the bottom? I think i might have the old type dongle without antenna that could be my issue?

Yeah mine definitely has an antenna, maybe that's the difference and the newer one logs more info.

Ok so i got the new dongle and i now have full info.
    To answer your fisrt question, i have 40w going to my load.
    I will monitor it and see what its reading tonight.

• Advertisement

Yes so mine is always sending a small amount to the load.

Yes so mine is always sending a small amount to the load.

I guess it's normal, presumably to keep the inverter itself going.

Advertisement