Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scullion retires!!!

• 19-07-2020 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭

Announced it at 2.53am this morning on Twitter. Shame if true.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Strange one alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

OOnegative wrote: »
    Announced it at 2.53am this morning on Twitter. Shame if true.

Well he was on the beer early after his 10k race yesterday so I'd take it (like his last few retirement threats) with a pinch of salt!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

healy1835 wrote: »
    Well he was on the beer early after his 10k race yesterday so I'd take it (like his last few retirement threats) with a pinch of salt!

Thinking the same myself but mad thing to do(granted we all do mad things when on the sauce!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Instagram post of him at a bbq, no doubt on the lash. Next podcast should be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

No doubt he'll be coaxed back into the game by his legions of fans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Isn’t it Tequila you take with a pinch of salt :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭jfh

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Instagram post of him at a bbq, no doubt on the lash. Next podcast should be fun

That's what Im looking forward to, the next podcast. This is one of the reasons why he's so popular, you just never know what's up next. I think he's on the cusp of pushing on to new pb territory if he can keep the head.

No doubt about it. Hopefully he comes out to say hes been on the beer for 2 days and is now ready to get back to business

Isn’t it Tequila you take with a pinch of salt :)

TbL

I'd imagine Tequila may also have had a key role here :) I'm having a few beers tonight for the first time in a few weeks. Keep an eye on my log....

• Advertisement

Id say NI Athletics are glad they hired that sports psychologist

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

healy1835 wrote:
    I'd imagine Tequila may also have had a key role here I'm having a few beers tonight for the first time in a few weeks. Keep an eye on my log....

Healy in shock retirement announcement at 2am. I call dibs on all your runners....

Healy in shock retirement announcement at 2am. I call dibs on all your runners....

You've enough of them already! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

healy1835 wrote:
    You've enough of them already!

Can never have too many pairs of healys runners. Haha

Yep, he's distanced himself from it. Framing it as he's finding hard to deal with no races/olympics and lack of training group/set up etc. Nothing at all to do with 10 pints of the black stuff and a few whiskeys :)

And he’s back!!!

Ha great stuff

Bet he woke up this morning with that “what the fcuk feeling”, checking his phone to see if he’d been texted his ex and retiring again :)

TbL

Bet he woke up this morning with that “what the fcuk feeling”, checking his phone to see if he’d been texted his ex and retiring again :)

TbL

Spoken like a man with experience of similar!!!

OOnegative wrote: »
    Spoken like a man with experience of similar!!!

So you got those pics last night, crap :)

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Murph_D wrote: »
    No doubt he'll be coaxed back into the game by his legions of fans!

I actually like the guy. Gives a good insight of his training and his struggles.

We all go on the lash and make silly mistakes.

I know master athletes in their 40s that behave more professional than be does. The constantly going off the wagon is very relatable, but if I was a sponsored athlete going to the Olympics I imagine i would find it a lot easier to be focused. But thats what makes him so interesting, he'll train like a monster now for a few months and smash all the rest of our Olympic hopefuls no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I know master athletes in their 40s that behave more professional than be does. The constantly going off the wagon is very relatable, but if I was a sponsored athlete going to the Olympics I imagine i would find it a lot easier to be focused. But thats what makes him so interesting, he'll train like a monster now for a few months and smash all the rest of our Olympic hopefuls no doubt.

He needs to go back to the states and back to Haas. He will struggle in Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭echancrure

Thank god you wrote that 3rd sentence...

echancrure wrote: »
    Thank god you wrote that 3rd sentence...

Why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭echancrure

Why is that?

Because I, personally, myself felt my blood pressure rising while reading first two but liked the the third.
    What else?

Yeah but tell us why so we can have a pointless online argument

Anyway delighed hes back, my favourite athlete without a doubt

Podcast doesn't disappoint! Won't spoil it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Listened to his podcast yesterday...he wears his heart on his sleeve a lot(especially when drinks involved) but sure who hasn't at some stage woke up with the fear :eek: I think it's what makes him so relatable...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭py

We've all been there after a bag of cans :P

Advertisement