Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 38 Transfers Thread

• 18-07-2020 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭

Free Hit Active!

+

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dilva in

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Considering Laca.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Sterling in

For some reason I thought I could go Pulisic to Sterling, looks like it’ll have to be Bruno making way, leaving me with no united attacker

Green&Red wrote: »
    Sterling in

For some reason I thought I could go Pulisic to Sterling, looks like it’ll have to be Bruno making way, leaving me with no united attacker

I don’t see that game being a goal fest
    I’m not excited about having 3 united attackers in it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If Villa are in still in with a chance of survival, I may bring Grealish into my FH side. Feels like the kind of game where he could step up, and West Ham look safe. I'll see how Villa fare against Arsenal.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    I don’t see that game being a goal fest
    I’m not excited about having 3 united attackers in it

I’d agree, cagey. Especially if United are ahead going into it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Pope (Alison)

TAA Dunk Tarkowski Egan(AWB)

Salah Bruno Willian KDB(Rice)

Jimenez Ings (Greenwood)

2FT to use and 30point lead in pay league

Transfer options please ?

1- Willian/Salah to Dilva/Sterling
    2- Salah/Jimenez to Dilva/Auba
    3- -4 No2 + Willian to Richarlinson

Oh still have TC too ??

Ideas or taughts please?
    Antonio/Mane/ Martial also considered

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Pope (Alison)

TAA Dunk Tarkowski Egan(AWB)

Salah Bruno Willian KDB(Rice)

Jimenez Ings (Greenwood)

2FT to use and 30point lead in pay league

Transfer options please ?

1- Willian/Salah to Dilva/Sterling
    2- Salah/Jimenez to Dilva/Auba
    3- -4 No2 + Willian to Richarlinson

Oh still have TC too ??

Ideas or taughts please?
    Antonio/Mane/ Martial also considered

Ask again after midweek games
    It’s too soon to give an opinion without seeing midweek team selection from city , possible injured etc etc

km79 wrote: »
    Ask again after midweek games
    It’s too soon to give an opinion without seeing midweek team selection from city , possible injured etc etc

Good man. Of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,598 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think this is the week where your transfers relate to where you are in your important minileagues, and what your rivals will be doing. If you're 30 points behind someone who is likely to bring in Silva, you probably don't want to be bringing in Silva, in spite of the possibility of him having a good day to finish his City career. Unless you have alot of differentials to make up the 30 points elsewhere, you find another potential source of points that might actually eat into that.

If you're points ahead, you block. With 9 games still to go in this GW, I guess none of us really know exactly where they stand. After monster hauls from Martinez, Aurier, TAA, Bruno, Martial, Salah, KDB, Jesus and Greenwood I fully expect to be blocking my 60 point lead :D

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    I think this is the week where your transfers relate to where you are in your important minileagues, and what your rivals will be doing. If you're 30 points behind someone who is likely to bring in Silva, you probably don't want to be bringing in Silva, in spite of the possibility of him having a good day to finish his City career. Unless you have alot of differentials to make up the 30 points elsewhere, you find another potential source of points that might actually eat into that.

If you're points ahead, you block. With 9 games still to go in this GW, I guess none of us really know exactly where they stand. After monster hauls from Martinez, Aurier, TAA, Bruno, Martial, Salah, KDB, Jesus and Greenwood I fully expect to be blocking my 60 point lead :D

Which is why I expect to be signing sterling and captaining either him or KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Probably Bruno to Dilva and Sarr to Antonio for a hit.

Will finally use my bench boost too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

GW 38 transfers?

Hello hello hello

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

David Silva one last time. I'd like to have a fun punt too but nobody is really standing out.

Early stages I know but can’t imagine going without KDB and Sterling for their last game.

Stand out captains too. KDB the safer option.

Norwich look the most vulnerable team I can remember. I know it’s cliche but it could be a cricket score.

I’ll have to sell Salah if I want both and I don’t see why not.

I could try and add Jesus but it would be for a hit and mean selling one of my Manchester United midfielders. Tough call between selling Fernandes or Martial but I don’t fancy that fixture against Leicester.

Head is wrecked trying to work it all out.

Hopefully the next few days make things clearer.

klopparama wrote: »
    Early stages I know but can’t imagine going without KDB and Sterling for their last game.

Norwich look the most vulnerable team I can remember. I know it’s cliche but it could be a cricket score.

I could try and add Jesus but it would be for a hit and mean selling one of my Manchester United midfielders. Tough call between selling Fernandes or Martial but I don’t fancy that fixture against Leicester.

Second in both my main money leagues have sterling And one still has TC chip
    So I have to get him . I will captain him or KDB
    The only way I can get him is by selling salah . I’m fine with that . I think liverpools season ends at anfield midweek.
    That leaves me with a wedge of cash in the bank
    I have Foden
    I want David silva
    I am weighing up whether that move is worth a hit . I am currently on “possibly “

Are Newcastle with all their injuries not similarly targetable to Norwich?

This is the worry as I would have to sell salah to get sterling
    But both rivals also have Salah !
    Not sure liverpool will be too up for a trip to the north East after their trophy presentation etc has already taken place
    I’ll have TAA as well

Don’t want to over think it.

Goals scored since the restart -

City - 25

Liverpool - 11

City playing towards the European games has made a big big difference I think.

I know Liverpool are attacking but City have been on a different level. They go right til the very very end.

City - 25

Liverpool - 11

I know Liverpool are attacking but City have been on a different level. They go right til the very very end.

Tbh Liverpool were just grinding out wins since Xmas too

• Advertisement

City - 25

Liverpool - 11

City have been very good yeah but their goals will probably be more widely spread than Liverpool’s too. I guess it ultimately comes down to what you’re chasing for by the end of this GW

City have been very good yeah but their goals will probably be more widely spread than Liverpool’s too. I guess it ultimately comes down to what you’re chasing for by the end of this GW

Happiness

Consolidation.

Want to finish top 10k. Currently at 8k and only 6 points away from dropping out of top 10k.

I’ve to sell Bruno to get Sterling or Pulisic to get Dilva, I don’t think there’s any decision to make, Sterling IMO is the standout option for Captain

Sterling Dilva or Auba Triple captain for me
    Well see how the game week goes.

Consolidation.

Want to finish top 10k. Currently at 8k and only 6 points away from dropping out of top 10k.

I’m the far side of that 10k mirror. Just inside 12k and 5 points

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’m the far side of that 10k mirror. Just inside 12k and 5 points

Pretty similar

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭notdarkyet

I’m ahead in my leagues and planning to free hit. What advice would you give regarding the following options?
    A
    Pope
    Tarkovski Pieters Cresswell (Diop)
    Sterling D Silva Salah B Fernandes
    Jesus Kane Ings

B
    Pope
    Tarkovski Pieters Ogbonna (Diop)
    De Bruyne D Silva Martial B Fernandes (Sarr)
    Jesus Kane Auba

C
    Pope
    Tarkovski Pieters Digne (Masuaku)
    Sterling D Silva Antonio Martial B Fernandes
    Jesus Kane (Ings)

I’m going heavy on Burnley defence.
    Big dilemma is which City trio to gamble on, for me it comes down to De Bruyne or Sterling, any opinions appreciated

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

notdarkyet wrote: »
    I’m ahead in my leagues and planning to free hit. What advice would you give regarding the following options?

Copy as many of the closest chasing teams as possible.

So, if the chasing teams all have 2 x Burnley, then that's what you do.

You can't cover all scenarios, but cover most.
    You don't have to worry about City players, get the same as the chasers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

who do i transfer in lads? 1 ft and 0.3 in bank. disaster of a season but still 10 pts ahead in one of my leagues

ff.png

Advertisement