Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway Advertiser

• 16-07-2020 5:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

Any one know of a way of unsubscribing to this add filled rag? If I get unsolicited texts I can reply stop, emails I can request to taking off the list. Most bills have a option for electronic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,666 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Any one know of a way of unsubscribing to this add filled rag? If I get unsolicited texts I can reply stop, emails I can request to taking off the list. Most bills have a option for electronic.

Paper or online version?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Paper or online version?

The rag of a unrequested unenvironmental friendly paper

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just put a note on your postbox that you don't want the Advertiser?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,666 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

biko wrote: »
    Just put a note on your postbox that you don't want the Advertiser?

This. It works at my house, anyways.

They should have collection points around the city like in garages and hospitals etc and let people decide if they want it

• Advertisement

Always like reading the advertiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

How do you expect them to produce a free newspaper
    and pay staff without ads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭TwoWheeledTim

Always like reading the advertiser.

What's to read? Most of the handful of "articles" are paid for ads discussing a business.

The City Tribune is the only local paper with a bit of content and proper journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ah, The Advertiser is harmless and I think you've got unrealistic expectations of pulitizer quality journalism, given that it's a free sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Arghus wrote: »
    Ah, The Advertiser is harmless and I think you've got unrealistic expectations of pulitizer quality journalism, given that it's a free sheet.

Ah yes the world renowned Pulitizer, the Pulitzer of the free ads newspaper world.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »

It’s not harmless to the environment

Advertisement