Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green List (Who will be on it?)

• 14-07-2020 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

With cabinet meeting later this week to decide the Greenlist, we can expect some leaks.

Who will be on it, do you expect any surprise omissions? Will we yellow GB for mandatory isolation or enable at airport testing?

Will it be a green, yellow and red list ?

And most importantly, will you be booking a flight to Green listed countries to escape the island for a few weeks?

The excitement is building :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

I expect visitors from UK, Sweden, Croatia and Portugal to yellow listed along with all other international countries- this will mean quarantine or mandatory test.

All other EU+EEA nations to be on the green list (obviously including NI)

Language around travel to Green countries will be nuanced, something like 'All Travel, including travel to Green countries should be kept to a minimum'

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Interestingly Leo started referring to it today as the 'A' list. So presumably we'll have A (no 14 day rule), B (14 day rule), and dare we dream, C (inward travel ban).

I can't see C happening, political hot potato in terms of our emigrants wanting to return home etc.

But yes I think they'll get rid of 'Green' as it has connotations with 'Go'. They still won't want to encourage anyone to go anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

This is another change of tone? I posted last week I heard someone on the radio, didn’t catch her name but a politician, saying there was always going to be an essential travel only advice and the green list wasn’t for non essential travel, and we misunderstood that - and today the indo reporting Leo says “holidaymakers” can travel to the green list?

They can advise against non essential travel, but not require a 14 day quarantine for some countries. They're not necessarily tied. It'd still mean people risking travel without insurance etc, but not stuck with isolating on return.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilyShame

Yes... There is a change in tone via Leos comments today.... The a, b, lists is probably spot on with some carefully worded lines... But alas, do you think it will be list A for all eu?

BTW... Insurers cover for any policy taken out before the pandemic..for theft etc. Not covid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

I presume there's no chance that if Spain is on the B list that the Canaries would be on the A list.....??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I presume there's no chance that if Spain is on the B list that the Canaries would be on the A list.....??

Spain won't be on a B list. Their rolling 14 day average is similar to ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭snor

What about countries outside the EU. Any hope they’re in the A/Green list. Thinking of Canada (If allowed in) where lots of Irish have family.

LilyShame wrote: »
    Yes... There is a change in tone via Leos comments today.... The a, b, lists is probably spot on with some carefully worded lines... But alas, do you think it will be list A for all eu?

I think the A list will be almost all of the EU except maybe Sweden, Portugal and the UK. It's a political decision no matter what anyone says. It's different to saying all incoming travelers must do a 14 day isolation. Once you start proactively discriminating between EU member states on something like freedom of movement, politically you need to get it right. Otherwise you'll draw unwanted attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Part of the gov.ie full page in last Sunday’s Independent read as follows -

“The intention is that anyone travelling to Ireland from a Green list country will not be asked to restrict movement for 14 days. The advice for people living here is likely to remain unchanged: we are asked to forego all non-essential overseas travel until further notice.”

So in other words, give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free ...etc. Just don’t any of youz living here already dream of doing likewise.

• Advertisement

That makes sense. Hopefully your right and there is some movement again. Wear our masks, stay distant, sterilise, live with it.

quote="spockety;114033180"]I think the A list will be almost all of the EU except maybe Sweden, Portugal and the UK. It's a political decision no matter what anyone says. It's different to saying all incoming travelers must do a 14 day isolation. Once you start proactively discriminating between EU member states on something like freedom of movement, politically you need to get it right. Otherwise you'll draw unwanted attention.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

The PS/Civil Service have just sent out a notice regarding mandatory isolation on return from abroad and you must inform your employer and.

Do they have wind of the new advice or are just slow in disseminating the previous advice.

If it is new regarding what is to be released next week it is devastating for our freedoms and rights as members of the EU and surely a serious legal matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

The PS/Civil Service have just sent out a notice regarding mandatory isolation on return from abroad and you must inform your employer and.

Do they have wind of the new advice or are just slow in disseminating the previous advice.

If it is new regarding what is to be released next week it is devastating for our freedoms and rights as members of the EU and surely a serious legal matter.

Slow in disseminating previous advice I’d wager.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Watching this thread, we have 5 flights leaving Belfast sunday morning for Spain, still undecided whether to go or not, hotel is giving us the option of 24 hour notice to cancel,
    If spain is not on the green or A list on Monday, and we go, technically at the minute when we return to Belfast 10 days later, am I right in thinking we dont need to quarantine? We live in ROI.

Yes that's how I understand it...

You won't have to quarantine if coming in via Belfast...

Some views here and other threads that Spain and most eu will be A list..

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Watching this thread, we have 5 flights leaving Belfast sunday morning for Spain, still undecided whether to go or not, hotel is giving us the option of 24 hour notice to cancel,
    If spain is not on the green or A list on Monday, and we go, technically at the minute when we return to Belfast 10 days later, am I right in thinking we dont need to quarantine? We live in ROI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

ill be using Belfast myself to travel to Spain unless they do away with this outrageous self isolate nonsense.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Knowing this useless government the list will be as follows

1. Chernobyl.
    2. Fukushima
    3.Kazakhstan
    4.Turkmenistan
    5.Syria
    6.Iran
    7.Iraq

Maybe Antarctica but that could be pushing it.

And thats it for the first list of Green countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Yes that's how I understand it...

You won't have to quarantine if coming in via Belfast...

Some views here and other threads that Spain and most eu will be A list..

Originally this was not my reason for flying from belfast, it just so happened i live the same distance from Dublin and Belfast and flights were better times, thats the reason i booked months ago. 5 flights still going Sunday morning....what to do....we want to go but also want to responsible....heads melted....up till yesterday we wernt going but the weather has peeeed us right off

It's very unfair how government put a blame on ppl not to go, but I think that's settling now.. Maybe they did a red c poll and realised manipulation doesn't work with the voters!

Wear masks, don't let others guilt trip you and do what you gotta do. We have a long way to go with this new living, working and schooling at home, it's not going to be much different for quite some time, even next summer possibly

quote="gazzaman22;114041004"]Originally this was not my reason for flying from belfast, it just so happened i live the same distance from Dublin and Belfast and flights were better times, thats the reason i booked months ago. 5 flights still going Sunday morning....what to do....we want to go but also want to responsible....heads melted....up till yesterday we wernt going but the weather has peeeed us right off[/quote]

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

How do you put the North (UK) on any list?

• Advertisement

With the breaking news that the pubs won't open until August 10th is it possible there will be a delay to the publication of the Green List. Or a delay as to when you can travel to Green Listed countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Hard to tell, they have only mentioned again and again now that it will be puclished on Monday next, as to when it would apply from was always up in the air. Simon Coveney was on Prime Time last night again said it would be published and sounded fairly positive about the Green List idea.

The diea of publishing a list on July 21st of a list of countries that are deemed safe to travel to then and does not apply immediately makes no sense to me, with this government, hard to tell really.

I think they will go ahead with the travel list... Lots of positive mood on our global Ireland position with apple, Brussels and IDA on news there tonight. They now seem to accept its the drinking with the young ones that's up ticking the numbers.

I remain very positive.... Fingers crossed.!!

Apologies.... I saw last correspondence outside leister House just now... and she was a bit ruffled but sounded like MM is meeting the North first before they release green list and possible delay.....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Apologies.... I saw last correspondence outside leister House just now... and she was a bit ruffled but sounded like MM is meeting the North first before they release green list and possible delay.....

Arlene has to agree, she has all the power.

And it's already with the unions. Completely against your rights.

According to the Irish Examiner website the non - essential travel advice is to be extended which presumably kicks the announcement of the Green List down the road. Balls to it anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Minier81

Old advice, we were notified of this in june.HR memo said to allow an extra 2 weeks annual leave if you plan to travel abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

According to the Irish Examiner website the non - essential travel advice is to be extended which presumably kicks the announcement of the Green List down the road. Balls to it anyways

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1283470866106458116

Seems to siggest there will still be a green list Monday.

seems at odds with what the public servants have been told but good news it would appear.

• Advertisement

So it looks like the 14 day quarantine will be gone for green list countries, but the advice against non essential travel will remain. Classic. They are figuring that enough people will remain spooked by the guidance and lack of travel insurance etc to keep the numbers low.

Advertisement