Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nissan Ariya

• 25-10-2019 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭

Okay, it's a concept car, but unlike most concepts with far out looks and strange ideas, this looks ready to go in the showroom. It was just shown at the Tokyo Motor Show. Sadly there's next to nothing in the way of specs yet. Just that it's designed for twin motors to enable all-wheel drive. And a 12.3 inch screen on a system containing just a single physical knob.

They say it has ProPilot 2, allowing features like changing lanes and navigating exits itself. It's a little shorter and wider than X-Trail. Nissan R&D boss told Top Gear that the secrecy around the drivetrain is because there may be a technological breakthrough on the horizon.

A selection of basic angles, more pics at the links

3DG6tUC.jpg

wwSAYza.jpg

QDzqt6n.jpg

Comments

I like it, and I like the fact all wheel drive is mentioned, one of the single greatest issues I could not drive a leaf/Kona is the absolute horrific lack of grip, they won't be the only FWD EV with this issue of running a lot of power.

I wish more manufacturers would have a BMW Idrive like system instead of touchscreen , it has to be experienced to understand that touch screens in a car offer a very poor experience by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Chademo is a no no.

Hopefully they might decide to change that for Europe (no mention of it though) but everyone else including Tesla are going for CCS compatibility.

Nissan's Chademo stance is going to be an issue.

This would be a better more usable car if it could avail of CCS with Ionity.

Old diesel wrote: »
    Chademo is a no no.

Hopefully they might decide to change that for Europe (no mention of it though) but everyone else including Tesla are going for CCS compatibility.

Nissan's Chademo stance is going to be an issue.

This would be a better more usable car if it could avail of CCS with Ionity.

Absolutely, to be honest they will have to meet the requirements of the European market or they will make their EV's a lot less attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Looks better than a Juke/Qashqai which isn't saying much but an improvement nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

This is based on the new Nissan/mitsubishi/ Renault CMF platform and it looks interesting and a real challenger to the new platforms coming online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭JohnC.

The issue of whether it will have CCS here or not aside, how about the placement of the charge port? Could that be a problem considering how short some CCS public cables can be?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

As you say, just a concept car yet promising. The dash design is the best approximation to the M3 challenge I have seen, with sufficient physical controls built into a refined simple surface. It has the aggressive lines of the IPace but one thing I don't like about the Jag is the overwrought sympathy to its ICE heritage, particularly on the inside, complete with artificial vroom vrooms. This looks better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Looks like this might be available for 211. Sits just above the Cashcow in size. Talk about a 300 mile range. But it might be expensive and no mention if it gets CCS.

For those that like a crossover it might be interesting. For those that don't like the form factor... nothing to see here. :D

https://www.caranddriver.com/nissan/ariya

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Planned reveal is July 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

no mention if it gets CCS.
    The only thing that would fit in that small port on the side would be CCS perhaps?

• Advertisement

Nissan leaf different body, same crappy battery.

Love the Leaf, just bought my third one last week and find the battery issues vastly overblown. If the Ariya was available I would have had one instead as some more space would be nice. In saying that, articles like this one (https://insideevs.com/news/377633/nissan-ariya-child-leaf-rogue/) indicate the Ariya will have a liquid cooled battery pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Any sign of an affordable 7 seater ev coming our way. Sick of putting kids in de
    Boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Official reveal this morning.

CCS charging and liquid cooled battery.

130 kw charging.

Two battery sizes - 63 and 87 kwh usable.

Front wheel drive and AWD options.

22 kw AC charging on the 87 kwh models.

310 miles claimed range on the 2wd 87 kwh model.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Expected late 2021 in the UK, skip to 15:30

I know the Leaf gets a fair bit of bashing on here, but reality is it's a lovely car to drive, reliable as hell and the latest generation is a real refinement of the previous versions. Fix CHAdeMO, battery cooling and tuen the efficiency and you'd have a killer EV. So I'm super excited to see at least two of those big items ticked off in the Ariya.

You'd have to assume if this is coming with CCS the Leaf will be changed over around the same time as well, having CHAdeMO and CCS cars on European showroom floors would be madness surely.

They've really listened and fixed the issues I had with the Nissan Leaf.
    Liquid cooling the battery, and the standardisation to CCS in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,318 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

CCS charging is a big step forward, as is liquid cooling.

It looks nice too. I said I'd personally never buy another nissan after the leaf fiasco, but this one will sell like wildfire.

Old diesel wrote: »
    Official reveal this morning.

CCS charging and liquid cooled battery.

130 kw charging.

Two battery sizes - 63 and 87 kwh usable.

Front wheel drive and AWD options.

22 kw AC charging on the 87 kwh models.

310 miles claimed range on the 2wd 87 kwh model.
    Rear wheel drive or AWD options

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/07/2021-nissan-ariya-has-concept-looks-and-up-to-380-miles-of-range/
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/bold-new-nissan-ariya-pivotal-electric-suv-310-mile-range
    https://www.whatcar.com/news/2021-nissan-ariya-electric-suv-revealed-price-specs-and-release-date/n21671

Towing capacity too, if they can release a 6/7 seater like they do with the cashcow then this will be gold.

• Advertisement

Depending on cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It might be in a price range that people would not normally pay for a Nissan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My guess it will be too expensive for most People who would buy a Nissan but in 2 or 3 years it could be great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Is the standard model FWD or RWD ? I’m reading conflicting answers on various online sites.

Irishjg wrote: »
    Is the standard model FWD or RWD ? I’m reading conflicting answers on various online sites.
    RWD according to press release and nissan graphic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Standard is fwd and longer version is rwd.(e4force) available on both.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

80sDiesel wrote: »
    Standard is fwd and longer version is rwd.(e4force) available on both.

... so the standard battery version is FWD while the larger battery is RWD. Sorry that doesn’t sound right to me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Irishjg wrote: »
    ... so the standard battery version is FWD while the larger battery is RWD. Sorry that doesn’t sound right to me at all.

That’s what I got from the fully charged video.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Advertisement

I’d say booby L got that one wrong TBH. He’s entertaining but that’s as far as I would go with his tech info.

Advertisement