Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf Lessons Spawell

• 24-06-2020 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any recommendations from the available coaches at Spawell?

Coaches are Brendan McDaid, John Dignam, David Keating, Gary Murphy, Tim Rice and Colm Moriaty.

I got a lesson last year from a coach there, wont mention his name here, but was not at all impressed with him. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Colm is a good lad who has played on one of the feeder tours, I've played with him but never had a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭kod12

Sergio Coyle is there as well had my first lesson with him a few weeks back now. highly recommend him, has all the latest tech and is more focused on building a swing that lasts than quick fixes in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Had a few lessons with Brendan. Highly recommended. Always had a drill for the part of my swing that I was struggling with and always worked at a pace where I would progress or take a step back if too complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Have had a few lessons with Brendan McDaid, I felt they were quite good.

He runs a group drop in session on Wednesdays at 8PM for like ~17 euro if you are interested to give him a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tropics001

Agree on Brendan McDaid. I had a few odd lessons over the years and he gave me a few techniques that have stuck with me and helped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Have heard good things about Sergio Coyle, haven't had a lesson from him but he looks to have all the tech for lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

etxp wrote: »
    Have heard good things about Sergio Coyle, haven't had a lesson from him but he looks to have all the tech for lessons.

Sergio Coyle a half brother surely of Georgie Burgess?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Can stand behind the Sergio Coyle reccomendations. Dropped 2 shots since working with him (3 lessons, so far). First thing he said is need a swing that works under pressure, and it has done just that. Has all the latest technology too. All personal opinion of course, make of it what you will.

Advertisement