Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which co sleeper?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Exactly. Lidl suggesting it's usually over 200 is a bit scammy.

O good lol. I don’t feel so bad now for missing out! I queued for 20 min to get in and they were all gone. Was a little disappointed. Lol. And I’m not usually mad into getting baby stuff! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Mac-Chops

We were fortunate enough to nab one of the Chiccos from Lidl this morning. Pretty sure it's the original "Chick to Chick" but will open up later and find out.

Never had the pleasure of one of these mad dashes before but queued from 7.45 thinking we'd be grand then we apparently got the only 1 in stock where we went. :eek:

Next best deal I could find would have been via Amazon if we missed out today. Works out at about €150-€160 depending on delivery (Parcel Motel or the like). Might be useful to others!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Mac-Chops wrote: »
    We were fortunate enough to nab one of the Chiccos from Lidl this morning. Pretty sure it's the original "Chick to Chick" but will open up later and find out.

Never had the pleasure of one of these mad dashes before but queued from 7.45 thinking we'd be grand then we apparently got the only 1 in stock where we went. :eek:

Next best deal I could find would have been via Amazon if we missed out today. Works out at about €150-€160 depending on delivery (Parcel Motel or the like). Might be useful to others!

Amazon has the dream the last time I posted around 3 weeks ago for €115 free delivery. I didn’t order it because I don’t think it sits flush with the bed.
    I am ordering my sheets from there today they are £7 for 2 bargain!

Millem wrote: »
    Amazon has the dream the last time I posted around 3 weeks ago for €115 free delivery. I didn’t order it because I don’t think it sits flush with the bed.
    I am ordering my sheets from there today they are £7 for 2 bargain!

Did you end up getting a co sleeper?

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    Did you end up getting a co sleeper?

Yes! I got a grey one original. It’s in the car haven’t opened it! Didn’t like dream. Don’t care about rocking either. Dream and magic rocks.
    Don’t see how magic is worth double the cost! Will be selling it on anyway.

• Advertisement

Yes! I got a grey one original. It’s in the car haven’t opened it! Didn’t like dream. Don’t care about rocking either. Dream and magic rocks.
    Don’t see how magic is worth double the cost! Will be selling it on anyway.

O right! Is the one in Lidl not the original? I think I might just end up borrowing my friends for the few months I will use it...

O right! Is the one in Lidl not the original? I think I might just end up borrowing my friends for the few months I will use it...

Yes but you can get original in different colours!

Lizardlegs thought I had posted this yesterday! My older kids are mental for making forts!!! I was afraid they might rip or damage one of I borrowed it. I have seen a few on adverts were they are ripped or zip broken etc. I wouldn’t be bothered buying second hand by the time you add in cost of a new mattress etc.

If I see a good deal I will send it to you.

Lizardlegs thought I had posted this yesterday! My older kids are mental for making forts!!! I was afraid they might rip or damage one of I borrowed it. I have seen a few on adverts were they are ripped or zip broken etc. I wouldn’t be bothered buying second hand by the time you add in cost of a new mattress etc.

If I see a good deal I will send it to you.

I tried to reply but your inbox is full lol. X

I tried to reply but your inbox is full lol. X

just deleted some there!!!

• Advertisement

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Girlie-Next2Me-Cotton-Jersey-2-Piece/dp/B01MQI3UEJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Dudu+N+Girlie+Next2Me+Cotton+Jersey+Fitted+Sheets%2C+51+cm+x+85+cm&qid=1591438489&sr=8-3

If anyone is looking for sheets.....this is the cheapest I could find!
    I think the mattresses on the dream and magic are 2cm bigger each way but I am sure they will still fit.

The above crowd have them in pink and cream too and are around £1 more expensive. They are selling out every day but also restocking daily!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

I had the chicco next to me. Never attached it to the bed as using an angelcare movement sensor with it and the sensor is not reliable when crib attached to bed. It was still worth it for us though, baby was in it for 9 months until moved to full size cot bed so got plenty use out of it. The height was great after c section as no trying to lean over side of cot etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Here is the list I made this morning it might be of use to someone. I hope the info is correct! The Next2Me ones are a bit confusing!!
    I know prices could change daily. I just realised I didn’t put the maxi cosi one on it, the tutti one or baby elegance one!!

Where is the snuzpod available for 158?

😎

It was for sale on amazon at the time. The dark brown and cream only. No idea what the price is now though as prices change daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I found it for 209 here. Not a massive saving but I put it towards the sheets and stuff.
    https://bedtimebaby.ie/collections/snuzpod3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Thank you. We have some time so I will keep monitoring. Good to know they do drop that much.

😎

Thank you. We have some time so I will keep monitoring. Good to know they do drop that much.

The white and grey one I think it’s called “dusk” is working out at approx €179 today on Amazon. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07C1S4X6S/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

Apparently on the 29th June there will be a £5 off promo when you log into the home page.
    I don’t know if it’s only for certain
    accounts though.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/5-off-your-next-purchase-above-25-at-amazon-from-29th-june-3492665

Keep an eye on amazon warehouse too. They sell things that are brand new but maybe packaging might have a slight tear or scuff.
    :)

I ruled out the snuzpod because it seems to be quite narrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I have an armsreach co-sleeper, still on the go after 13 years since my first son. This my only my second, but it's been out on loan for a few different babies.

It's a full size cot so used right up to when moving to toddler bed. It's also perfect for use as travel cot or play pen, it's super sturdy. Its also suitable for high beds as there are leg extenders available.

I'm looking into a smaller one for baby due in December, but only because our bedroom is small and I can't fit the armsreach beside the bed, it's going in the nursery as normal cot.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Any idea where to get a next to me mattress? Does anyone know if they are a standard size? My friend kindly offered me the use of her one that’s she’s just finished with but haven’t come across the mattress on their own yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

cant26 wrote: »
    Any idea where to get a next to me mattress? Does anyone know if they are a standard size? My friend kindly offered me the use of her one that’s she’s just finished with but haven’t come across the mattress on their own yet.

Bella baby do them, but they’re quite expensive, if I remember rightly. I got one of amazon, I can’t remember the brand, but it was perfect, didn’t notice any difference between it and the one that had come with the crib originally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I replaced mine on Amazon too. Think it was called Suzy?? Fit perfectly. Fairly inexpensive. There’s a few options on there.

Cant I think there are two sizes.
    The original one is one size and then the magic and the dream and slightly bigger.

I just noticed it when I was buying sheets.

Cant I think there are two sizes.
    The original one is one size and then the magic and the dream and slightly bigger.

I just noticed it when I was buying sheets.

Good to know, better check before I order one. She only bought in January so could possibly be one of the newer ones. Thanks for that.

Didn’t even think of amazon. Thanks, will have a look.

Good to know, better check before I order one. She only bought in January so could possibly be one of the newer ones. Thanks for that.

Defo check because one I bought a few weeks ago is the original size. There are loads of versions like “next to me elegance” etc.
    Didn’t like the dream and the magic not worth twice the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Supermarket Sweep Round 2 this Thursday:

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/the-big-baby-event/side-sleeping-crib/p48886

Might be a bit late for some on this thread but a good bargain again on the Chicco if you're lucky enough to grab one.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

The calidoo co sleeper I mentioned before is pretty much a copy of the chicco next to me. Only difference I can see is the legs on the calidoo don't bend to accommodate a divan bed. Significantly cheaper than chicco

Advertisement