Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020: Styrian GP (Austria, Part Zwei)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Ferrari having a mare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Ferrari’s 2020 keeps on rolling

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Nice to see Sainz going on the attack after Max

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Quali was just not bad enough for them.

LeClerc's fault this time.

Good think they brought all of those upgrades this week

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Ferrari having a real Ferrari day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Silly from LeClerc. At the front.. will be easy win for Hamilton now unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I wish the SKY commentary wasnt so bloody shouty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Quali was just not bad enough for them.

LeClerc's fault this time.

Yep - pretty much a "torpedo" move. Not sure if he just overshot himself on the brakes or was actually hoping for it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭kksaints

Poor from Leclerc there. He was too far behind to lunge down the inside like he did.

I like Sainz but we need him to stay out of the way for the lead battle. :pac:

Ah Ferrari. That one on LeClerc I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Great rescue from George, there

Ffs, at least Ferrari get to pack up early to get a head start on getting to Budapest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Disaster for Ferrari again. This could be an embarrassing year for them.

I’m a huge fan of Leclerc, and maybe I need to look at it again but looked like an overly ambitious move.

Saying that maybe I’m wrong putting blame on Leclerc as Brundle seems to be blaming Vettel but at first glance (since Vettel had the line and was in front) it looked like Leclerc tried a very difficult move to cut in around the corner and hopped up over the kerb. Bit clumsy I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

See you next weekend Ferrari

• Registered Users Posts: 13,694 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Was going to say that Leclerc would be lucky to finish with that coming together, so much more than the front wing.
    Both ferrari cars retired now due to hitting each other.

Hamilton cruising away. :( Matter of time for Bottas to be on Verstappen's tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,606 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Double DNF for Ferrari, nowhere for Vettel to go. Costly mistake from Leclerc.

Elsewhere Perez up to P11 already, nice recovery with an assist from Ferrari

HighLine wrote: »
    Silly from LeClerc. At the front.. will be easy win for Hamilton now unfortunately.

Don’t think Leclerc or Vettel we’re going to compete today.

Comes down to Verstappen and Bottas to me for any chance of a challenge to Lewis.

Devastating for Russell. Points probably gone unless a few more DNFs and mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,694 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Is ricciardo asking to be let ahead of ocon with that message?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Perez with an interesting line there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Was really hoping for plenty of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Was really hoping for plenty of rain
    Install rain sprinklers at all the circuits. Rain at the touch of a button!

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Devastating for Russell. Points probably gone unless a few more DNFs and mistakes.

He had the same chance of points as last week. The Williams will be finishing last barring a late-race incident causing someone to finish behind them. They're very, very slow.

Don’t think Leclerc or Vettel we’re going to compete today.

Comes down to Verstappen and Bottas to me for any chance of a challenge to Lewis.

Scratch that haha looks like Lewis is pulling away easily.

To be fair, I’m not a fan of his but after that brilliant qualy yesterday he deserves to win this race. Would have been nicer to see Verstappen stay tight on him to make a challenge of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,606 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

from Sainz to Perez it's a DRS train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I’m a huge fan of Leclerc, and maybe I need to look at it again but looked like an overly ambitious move.

Saying that maybe I’m wrong putting blame on Leclerc as Brundle seems to be blaming Vettel but at first glance (since Vettel had the line and was in front) it looked like Leclerc tried a very difficult move to cut in around the corner and hopped up over the kerb. Bit clumsy I thought.

Brundle has since clarified that he mixed the drivers up. LeClerc to blame.

He had the same chance of points as last week. The Williams will be finishing last barring a late-race incident causing someone to finish behind them. They're very, very slow.

True but would have been nice to see him stay up there longer and give some hope.

He was always going to have to be defensive though with the lack of speed. Would have been good to see them racing others for a bit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Install rain sprinklers at all the circuits. Rain at the touch of a button!

Bernie had that idea a few years ago

Ferrari picking up 0 points.

Going to be weird looking at the Constructors standing after this race and seeing Ferrari down so far.

• Advertisement

Looks like Brundle has backtracked and confused which Ferrari was which.

Now he’s pinning it on Leclerc. It just feels weird Ferrari being so far back this year.

Advertisement